Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6293|eng

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

A new patch would've been helpful months ago before people felt alienated by EA's lack of attention toward all of BF2's faults.  Sorry, but having CTDs occur with regularity, numerous glitches in game, and what seems to be a lack of regard for public interest, EA really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Had they addressed things in a timely matter, then yeah, I would be excited about a new patch.  But this game has been out for two years already and it still feels like it's in beta testing.  I can't remember the last time I was able to play a round of BF2 without someone stat padding, glitching, or me CTDing.

This game could've been great.  This game could've been a stepping stone for future FPS war games.

Instead, it failed miserably.
If you feel that way, why do you bother playing it and why did you invest so much of your life into playing it?
I don't see how your post has any relevance to mine.

I haven't played BF2 in months.  Look at my stats and you'll find the "Last battle recorded on:" date.
Fine then, i pull the "how long you have spent on it" card. If you think it is broken, if you think it is a failure, then why spend 1004 hours on it?
#rekt
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6459|Cambridge, UK

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

A new patch would've been helpful months ago before people felt alienated by EA's lack of attention toward all of BF2's faults.  Sorry, but having CTDs occur with regularity, numerous glitches in game, and what seems to be a lack of regard for public interest, EA really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

Had they addressed things in a timely matter, then yeah, I would be excited about a new patch.  But this game has been out for two years already and it still feels like it's in beta testing.  I can't remember the last time I was able to play a round of BF2 without someone stat padding, glitching, or me CTDing.

This game could've been great.  This game could've been a stepping stone for future FPS war games.

Instead, it failed miserably.
If you feel that way, why do you bother playing it and why did you invest so much of your life into playing it?

I haven't played BF2 in months.  Look at my stats and you'll find the "Last battle recorded on:" date.
Not played in months? ...so was that before the last patch? because that fixed all my CTDs....

... also every time someone bitches about these 'numerous glitches' I scratch my head - never seen anything that's affected me just enjoying a game.

...and 'lack of regard for public interest' - new patches and maps over games history and still happening... if you want hands-on interest you'll only get that if you pay subscriptions.

Maybe I'm just lucky and the CTDs, gliches, missing interest are on those other BF2 server I dont play that have all the cheats, haxors and padders.
link52787
+29|6528
meh, this game had a good run.  If the patch doesn't fix anything, who cares, I'll just play Source games more.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Fine then, i pull the "how long you have spent on it" card. If you think it is broken, if you think it is a failure, then why spend 1004 hours on it?
Because up until 1.41 it actually ran fine.

While everyone else was having connection problems and CTDs (I think with 1.2), my game was running great.

For some reason, 1.41 destroyed my game.  I honestly CTD 50% of the time I try to join a server.  Then, when I do join a server, there's always someone glitching inside a wall, or I get the private glitch, or something equally as annoying.

Plus, for about 850 of those hours, I was away at school.  What'd you expect me to do during that time?  Study?
Donald O' Brien
+104|6710

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Sniper.TMo...
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6343
i don't want a new patch.. they will take away something good like soloing.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

KylieTastic wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Not played in months? ...so was that before the last patch? because that fixed all my CTDs....

... also every time someone bitches about these 'numerous glitches' I scratch my head - never seen anything that's affected me just enjoying a game.

...and 'lack of regard for public interest' - new patches and maps over games history and still happening... if you want hands-on interest you'll only get that if you pay subscriptions.

Maybe I'm just lucky and the CTDs, gliches, missing interest are on those other BF2 server I dont play that have all the cheats, haxors and padders.
Read my post above.  It gets annoying when I'm trying to play Wake and it's impossible to capture the airfield because there's an AT and support guy sitting inside the building at the flag.  Maybe you see it differently, but that actually does affect my enjoyment level during a round.

What's so bad about subscriptions?  I would much rather pay $5-$10 per month and get a game where known glitches and bugs are prioritized and fixed...instead of having to deal with them for the duration of the game.

I mean, come on, the red-name glitch?  The invisible wall on Dragon Valley and Operation Clean Sweep?  The terrible hitbox coding?  The J10>F35 in every situation? TV missiles going through helicopters?  Private glitch?  Wall glitching in Karkand, Surge, Mass Destruction, Night Flight, Dragon Valley, Sharqi, and Wake?

...but yeah, I must just be making all of that up.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6293|eng

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

While everyone else was having connection problems and CTDs (I think with 1.2), my game was running great.

For some reason, 1.41 destroyed my game.  I honestly CTD 50% of the time I try to join a server.  Then, when I do join a server, there's always someone glitching inside a wall, or I get the private glitch, or something equally as annoying.

Plus, for about 850 of those hours, I was away at school.  What'd you expect me to do during that time?  Study?
Fair point.

Anyway, maybe your computer likes to be the odd one out?
#rekt
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6653

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Read my post above.  It gets annoying when I'm trying to play Wake and it's impossible to capture the airfield because there's an AT and support guy sitting inside the building at the flag.  Maybe you see it differently, but that actually does affect my enjoyment level during a round.

What's so bad about subscriptions?  I would much rather pay $5-$10 per month and get a game where known glitches and bugs are prioritized and fixed...instead of having to deal with them for the duration of the game.

I mean, come on, the red-name glitch?  The invisible wall on Dragon Valley and Operation Clean Sweep?  The terrible hitbox coding?  The J10>F35 in every situation? TV missiles going through helicopters?  Private glitch?  Wall glitching in Karkand, Surge, Mass Destruction, Night Flight, Dragon Valley, Sharqi, and Wake?

...but yeah, I must just be making all of that up.
Vehicle Drops>All BF2 Glitches
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Fair point.

Possibly, but then I come here and see other people complaining about the same things.

All I'm saying is that this game has been out for two years now...and situations such as glitching and CTDing isn't just a part of the game...but it's actually accepted by the community.  I can't recall any other game EVER where consistent major problems such as these were just seen as "part of the game."
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6579

I hope you're right.
Dragonclaw
+186|6312|Florida

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Fair point.

Possibly, but then I come here and see other people complaining about the same things.

All I'm saying is that this game has been out for two years now...and situations such as glitching and CTDing isn't just a part of the game...but it's actually accepted by the community.  I can't recall any other game EVER where consistent major problems such as these were just seen as "part of the game."
I cant remember any other game in existence that has such long loading times and 5 years of waiting just to verify client data just to join a server. Whos dumb idea was that one. You would think that with the crappy graphics BF2 has you wouldnt need those huge loading times that are 500 times shorter in CSS and other games.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6598|Reisterstown, MD

It is not that I don't trust you...ok I don't really but the simple fact is that I am a firm believer in facts, not hearsay.  Until I see something official, I don't believe in these rumors of another patch or whatever. 
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6736|Louisiana

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

I cant remember any other game in existence that has such long loading times and 5 years of waiting just to verify client data just to join a server. Whos dumb idea was that one. You would think that with the crappy graphics BF2 has you wouldnt need those huge loading times that are 500 times shorter in CSS and other games.
The "Verifying Client Data" portion of the loading screen is where the game ensures that your game files haven't been tampered with (i.e., you're not using hacks). It's necessary to include heavy anti-cheating measures in a game that's so focused on stats; if people can easily cheat, then nobody's stats mean anything and the whole system is broken. But people still use hacks and get away with it, so whatever...
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6622|Kent, UK

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

Fair point.

And you play it, why?
btw get a quicker cpu
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
+22|6652|Top of the leaderboard.

killer21 wrote:

It is not that I don't trust you...ok I don't really but the simple fact is that I am a firm believer in facts, not hearsay.  Until I see something official, I don't believe in these rumors of another patch or whatever. 
so you just posted to say you dont believe my post?  nothing better to do?As such a firm believer in facts heres a fact for you...You're an asshole.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6598|Reisterstown, MD

lol...getting defensive huh?  lol.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
'Flaming' (personal attacks) are not well received on these forums. {quote}

Wow.

Lighten up.

...you can't make a post with no proof to back it up and not expect people to not believe you.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6486|Trondheim, Norway
I will play this game until QW comes out, no matter patch or not
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
wow did i just get told to not make personal attacks? being thats the first thing i've ever said negative that makes me laugh, being as all this forum is is flaming, and thats one of  the reasons i love it.  I guess asshole is just too mean, sorry killer, you're a big doody face for not believing me.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6699|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Lucrative_Glory wrote:

wow did i just get told to not make personal attacks? being thats the first thing i've ever said negative that makes me laugh, being as all this forum is is flaming, and thats one of  the reasons i love it.  I guess asshole is just too mean, sorry killer, you're a big doody face for not believing me.
Killer has a point. There have been countless people like you coming around going "ZOMG! I KNOW SOMEONE AT EA AND THEY'RE MAKING A NEW PATCH!!!!!!1111!!!" without any hard proof, just hearsay.

Everyone will believe it when EA posts something on their website or whatever.
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6622|Kent, UK

Lucrative_Glory wrote:

sorry killer, you're a big doody face for not believing me.
lolz
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Lucrative_Glory wrote:

Yeah, you did.  You make a statement with no proof to back it up.  He posts, saying he doesn't believe you.  You call him an asshole?

Sorry, something in that chain just seems a bit out of place.  If you have a problem with it, feel free to return the PM I sent you.
Lucrative_Glory
Pwning you with 512mb
yeah the difference is i DONT make 20 posts saying ZOMG haxorz and leetness and whatever, I'm actually above the age of fourteen and not pulling it out of my ass, but as i said in the original post, i understand most wont believe me.  I just thought that would make it pointless to post that you actually didn't believe me.......guess not.

Its funny, I never posted anything before that I knew of, and this time i try to help out and i get shit for it.  guess thats what I get for not making threads about "yur fav weapon joo ownzor nubs wif" first so everyone can recognize my name.

Last edited by Lucrative_Glory (2007-06-13 12:04:50)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6699|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Lucrative_Glory wrote:

yeah the difference is i DONT make 20 posts saying ZOMG haxorz and leetness and whatever, I'm actually above the age of fourteen and not pulling it out of my ass, but as i said in the original post, i understand most wont believe me.  I just thought that would make it pointless to post that you actually didn't believe me.......guess not.
Can you prove you aren't pulling it out of your ass?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard