Unreal_Insanity
+9|6222
^^^^ I always strive for the gold medal every round I play. Not only am I always challenging myself but making myself a better player by striving for the best in online gaming.

I know alot of people can careless about gold medals, however it does tell you how good you are!! Another reason alot of people dont care is cause they are just chillin and having a good time in which I do from time to time.

I just want to hear the community opinion on this topic!!

I currently have 1575 on SSgt_Diaz account and 1909 on my Unreal_Insanity account!!

Last edited by Unreal_Insanity (2007-06-11 20:49:12)

KorporalKush
+2|6222|Montreal, QC
I only got my first one just the other day, yeah I suck. But well on my way to becoming better, trust me
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6648|Reisterstown, MD

https://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1708/nnncm7.png
NiMee
+6|6564|Singapore
With the same mentality as you, Unreal.....i always strive to get gold medal for every freaking roun i play....Currently under 870 hrs, i got 1023 gold....hopefully i can beat u on that....Though i know its damn diffcult to be even near your medals, but its worth a try....I dun play karkand much but warlord instead. I do admit whenever i play karkand, i find it easier than any other maps i played.
But Unreal_insanity, u r one of the best players around here and i hope i have a chance to learn from you.
Unreal_Insanity
+9|6222

KorporalKush wrote:

I only got my first one just the other day, yeah I suck. But well on my way to becoming better, trust me
Its awesome to get that first one!! I remember my first gold medal. It took me like 3 weeks!! It was infested with players when the game first came out and was very competitive to get one. But I stayed true to the game and became better and better!!!

I promise you that you will get there as well!!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6451|The Gem Saloon

KorporalKush wrote:

everyone starts somewhere bro.

@OP i do whats needed, example:today on dragon valley my team was getting punished by attack choppers.....i chose support, hopped in the chinese AA vehicle and did what was needed.....it just happened to earn me 1st on my team.
Unreal_Insanity
+9|6222

NiMee wrote:

With the same mentality as you, Unreal.....i always strive to get gold medal for every freaking roun i play....Currently under 870 hrs, i got 1023 gold....hopefully i can beat u on that....Though i know its damn diffcult to be even near your medals, but its worth a try....I dun play karkand much but warlord instead. I do admit whenever i play karkand, i find it easier than any other maps i played.
But Unreal_insanity, u r one of the best players around here and i hope i have a chance to learn from you.
You will probably pass my first account, but on my second its very difficult to do. I get gold in almost every round I play now. If you want to play with me, add me to your xfire and join me. I own my 24/7 Dragon Valley server as well, if you like Airmaps.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6751|Howell, Mi USA
Having alot of gold medals doesn't exactly measure skill dude, it measures whoever can revive whore the most

For the record, i have 308 gold
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
NiMee
+6|6564|Singapore
Thx Unreal....i add urs in a while...but i from singapore...my ping to ur server could be almost 250 to 350 ms...that could be a lag barrier, but anyway, i see to it and keep a rain check..moreover these days i dun play much bf2 due to work commitment and my wife does not like me to play bf2..not sure why but sure theres a reason around it. Anyway, i try to squeze in some time during the friday...
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6893|Arizona
Getting a star in general to me is awsome. Just being up there in the top 3 makes me feel like I play like a pro. I only have 5 gold stars but I have 19 silvers and I think that's good for only less than 300 hours.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6892|Kubra, Damn it!

NiMee wrote:

Thx Unreal....i add urs in a while...but i from singapore...my ping to ur server could be almost 250 to 350 ms...that could be a lag barrier, but anyway, i see to it and keep a rain check..moreover these days i dun play much bf2 due to work commitment and my wife does not like me to play bf2..not sure why but sure theres a reason around it. Anyway, i try to squeze in some time during the friday...
lol. Hey NiMee, your PID = someone else's username. When we try to look at your stats, some guy from the US who's name is 94510135 comes up instead.
Tetn1s
+59|6699|Los Angeles
17 proud golds, 30 hours. hardly any medic whoring <-- check my stats.
Stun_Gun
The Tom Cruise of BF2 pilots
+102|6830|California, US
Yeah most round i strive to get the gold or at least top 3.
Right now i have 1950 golds
and only 514 silver lol
oh and 300 bronze
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6343|eng
I've got like 173 hours and about 28k points. 17 Gold, 23 Silver and 25 Bronze. I like stars.
#rekt
SyDuS
+10|6612|vancouver BC
i think a better way to look at it is your gpr, golds per round to measure your whoreage/skill meter better, 0.26 per round for 1158 on my main and 89 for 0.48 on my second account. it also factors in half round etc as well tho. but you could have 4000 hours more than the next guy and only 15 more golds. 0.79 total medals per round on my second :-), best way that i think when you start out to know if your going to be any good and compete with the best in infantry is if even when you sucked your accuracy has remained around 23-30%, i have noticed people with ratings around 12-22 really never got any better at the game, sure they knew the maps better etc but never got that knack for winning most head on firefights because of lack of reflexes.
BluRR33
+27|6445|Sweden
just look at me medals...
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6751|The Ville
I'm on to have fun...most of the time I finish somewhere in the top 5 ish I only have 31 gold and I've been playing since 05' lol....I always get robbed of medals at the very end of the round. Oh well.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6568|Gold Coast
I try and get a good score. I feel satisfied with anything 50+. Gold is always good, but I dont see it as a necessity.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
keyoshi
+28|6477
Lol I try for gold. It's hard against some of the other TCS guys though x_x. Karkand is always a guaranteed gold for me though....
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6339|Pennsyltucky

I have 57.  Most of them are from Commanding.

Gold stars are like any other award or stat.  They are what YOU want them to be.

Does having 57 make me better than someone that has 25 but rarely commands?  LOL, I don't think so.

I'd like to say I try my best every round and most times I do, but ditractions arise.

You know how many times I've been killed while lighting or putting out a cigarette?  Plus now being an Admin there are other things going on I've got to watch.

I try and do well every round but do I "go for the Gold" everytime I walk onto the battlefield?  No.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6271
I have about 190 hrs and have 22bronze, 18silver and 12gold.
not that much, but i really don`t care for the Medic and support kits. I like fighting in the front line. So i`m mostly engineer - not he most points racking kit you can play, but where would your team be without one
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6635|Columbus, OH
Every time I play BF2, the Commander gets the gold star, the top vehicle-ho gets the sliver and I end up with the bronze star.
I focus more on my accuracy and KDR, then going for the gold. Every once in a while it pays off and I get the gold.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6587

200 golds here, a lot from IO NOT medic whoring ^^
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6827|Canada, Ont
LoL @ Karkand Whores...

Anyway...

Many things increase and decrease your change of getting gold, no matter how good you are.

Example:

Where you Play
When you Play
Team Balance
What you play as
&
Who you are Playing against.

So for you Unreal_Insanity...

I assume you always play on the same server or few servers. You play alot of Karkand, so your only competeing against Medics and Maybe some Lucky Armor Whores.

You also have a very very high Win Ratio, Meaning your rarely on the Stink team.

(Example of Stink Team vs. Winning Team, Wake Island, Top China Player - 168 Points, Top USMC Player - 35 Points)

For me, my playstyle alot of the time prevents me from getting the Gold, I play smart in BF2 so I get plenty of kills and try not to die alot. But as a result I have a Average SPM, but actually not half bad considering the hours in all Maps. So where I might get 4th or 5th Overal, with a 3:1 Ratio.

The Dude whos got 23 Kills and 18 Deaths takes the Gold, but we end up losing the round by 7 Tickets or less... Yeah great job buddy!

Anyway... You can all ask youself why you play this game, My answer to that question is:

"To Try and Win Every Round and Use my Skills as A Player to Best Improve the Teams Chances For Victory"

P.S. I have plenty enough Gold Stars to make my statements Valid
Ryan
+1,230|6900|Alberta, Canada

How the hell do you guys get so many? I've been playing since june of '05 and I only have 13.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard