TheSkrapper
+7|6222
OP: I read through alot of the thread....

1) When did you switch graphics cards compared to when the problem started?
2) What type of interface does your new card use (AGP, PCI, etc.) ? [I'm not familiar with GCs)
3) When you use your phone, do you hear static on the line?
4) Some DSL connections require you to put filters on your phones/faxes ... does this sound familiar?
5) What type of connection did you have before the DSL upgrade?
6) When you join a server, do you pick ones with the lowest ping?

Last edited by TheSkrapper (2007-06-12 09:41:36)

Simon
basically
+838|6682|UK
It's probably people leeching off your connection, or just alot of people going on the internet at the same time in your area?
If it works decent at 3am, and no other time, that must be the problem.

Sorry to hear you still have this problem
kiteboarderni
+62|6704
Your name in the sig in all forums i ll signed in as : The great helper + your name lols
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6551|Belgium

didn't read it all, but do you use wireless? If so, please stick in the cable in your computer again.

If you don't, is wireless on on your router for example (you might have leechers) Check who is connected on it, turn it off if no-one uses it.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6609|Seattle
I'm no expert on networking, but people have told me before that DSL connections can become worse over time for gaming. Supposedly cable is slower but more consistent, w/ less packet loss. Maybe an expert could comment?

I've heard that high-quality internet makes a big difference. It probably has to do with major servers in your area and how your ISP links through them and the potential other people on your ISP have to cut into your bandwidth.

Peyrac, you seem to know a number of BF2 players. Do any of them with good hitreg live in your city? Maybe you should switch over to whatever they are using.

And make sure you install that optimizer for your dualcore if you havent already. I got the most annoying persistent disconnections until i installed that.
PangeaLeader
+5|6189
baggs did you forget to mention that it was made on JANUARY   ( 5 months ago ?   ) 

omfg. read the dates first.
-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6443
I also have this problem... I went out and bought a new headset, its a USB headset, with software and stuff. and my connection speeds are fine, except when i join a server on battlefield I get constant connection problems.... anybody know what this is....? I've tried everything i can think of.
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6687

-|TS|-owNzu7 wrote:

I also have this problem... I went out and bought a new headset, its a USB headset, with software and stuff. and my connection speeds are fine, except when i join a server on battlefield I get constant connection problems.... anybody know what this is....? I've tried everything i can think of.
Why did a USB headset come with software? Uninstall the software and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't do it just disconnect the USB headset. I have a feeling either the software is causing conflicts, or the issue is entirely unrelated to you using a new headset. What exactly is it you have tried already?
baggs
+732|6228

PangeaLeader wrote:

baggs did you forget to mention that it was made on JANUARY   ( 5 months ago ?   ) 

and what difference does that make? u still made the post and when i saw ur name it rang a bell.

you roll in here with ur issues like ur the only one who has ever had a problem with their BF2 and bad hit.reg. get over yourself baby gurl.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6252|Scotland!

baggs wrote:

PangeaLeader wrote:

and what difference does that make? YOU still made the post and when i saw YOUR name it rang a bell.

you roll in here with YOUR issues like YOU'RE the only one who has ever had a problem with their BF2 and bad hit.reg. get over yourself baby gurl.
Fixed.

Last edited by Jameseyy (2007-06-13 04:02:35)

baggs
+732|6228
you grammar nazi!!!!
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6599|London
Peyrac you are pangealeader!?!? I played with you once on a public...you were in the same squad as primepigmee for gamert, and I was thinking wow theres actually a pubber with half an ounce of skill...

But really you have to understand that your ego is UNBEARABLY oversized...it's like one of those things that has its own little moons orbiting it it's THAT large....

But ok i posted to help so here we go...

Firstly EVERYONE and their grandma has poor hitreg in bf2, you'll never be able to get rid of the dust and there will always be rounds and servers where you can't even hit peyrac's ego with a shotgun.

Secondly turn off your firewall, some firewalls have exception rules to allow traffic - doesn't matter - turn it off. Same applies to virus scanners.

If you have wired internet make sure to set up your router properly. If your router is of some sucky brand, get a new, quality router.

Go to a friends house wih a different isp and rig and try bf2 there, it may just be that you're having a bad spell (we know, we know peyrac that you are incapable of bad spells but just try it OK? - if you have no friends...ok sux2bu), or it may be that your isp has changed recently and now sucks.

Undo any and all tweaks that you may have, they give you sporadic improvements at best.

Finally if all that fails, do what most of the good players have done, shelve bf2.
PangeaLeader
+5|6189
i ll try EVERYTHING TODAY. i was totaly occupied with school problems for last 2 days.  ( wednesday -  woke up at 7.30, came home at 20.40 rofl )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard