usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

This is why a I hate San fransisco.

When I was reading this, and seeing it on TV, I kind of blew it off.  Then, I read their reasons....

"CodePink has launched an online petition, signed by more than 500 people to date, calling on leaders to end the flyovers for reasons of public safety, air pollution and fuel waste."

http://www.examiner.com/a-768103~Daly%2 … 0show.html

Safety:       

Maybe these idiots are unaware of 15 year old 747's flying over their heads into San Fran.

Fuel Waste:

Maybe these idiots ignore the fact that celebrities and rich people fly alone on private jets.
Maybe these idiots do not realize their own governor uses private jets ALL the time, and requires back-up aircraft be in position just in case his breaks.  That is a huge waste of fuel.

I truly do not get people like this.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-06-11 14:43:37)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

Fucking.Hippies.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6510|Montucky
If only I could arrest people for being an Idiot.. our jails/prisons would definitely be filled.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6510|USA
i came into this thread ready to flame [you]...then i read your post. for raising my blood pressure.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6618|Quebec city, Canada
In quebec city too we had a few complainers about the blue angels when they came last year. They were saying that we were entertained by killing machines and that it was a waste of fuel, etc...

So we have this kind of ftards in pretty much every city.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6483|Menlo Park, CA
I live about 30mins south of San Francisco, and this shit makes me ashamed about being from this area of the country!!

The anti military wacko's never used to be so prevalent in the city as they are today! In the old days, the Presidio was a major west coast base right in the heart of San Francisco. . . . There were anti aircraft batteries all over the city and surrounding bluffs!! SF used to have fleet week every year!! It so sad to see the deterioration of our military history due to anti american assholes!!

The fact that some left wing liberal douche bags have hijacked the city makes me incensed!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

fadedsteve wrote:

I live about 30mins south of San Francisco, and this shit makes me ashamed about being from this area of the country!!

The anti military wacko's never used to be so prevalent in the city as they are today! In the old days, the Presidio was a major west coast base right in the heart of San Francisco. . . . There were anti aircraft batteries all over the city and surrounding bluffs!! SF used to have fleet week every year!! It so sad to see the deterioration of our military history due to anti american assholes!!

The fact that some left wing liberal douche bags have hijacked the city makes me incensed!
So I bet you are a fan of the 9th circuit court of appeals right?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
I don't know about you. But i prefer to see real military aircraft just flying around "doing their thing" rather than doing facy shmancy stuff. All credit to the pilot those are some good skills but i prefer the proper stuff. Blue Angles are similar to our Red Arrows i'd imagine.

But to complain like they did, well that's just lame.

I'd rather see the Blue Angles then stupid celebs flying around town in their Learjets.
David.P
Banned
+649|6266

S3v3N wrote:

If only I could arrest people for being an Idiot.. our jails/prisons would definitely be filled.
Can i interrogate them after?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't know about you. But i prefer to see real military aircraft just flying around "doing their thing" rather than doing facy shmancy stuff. All credit to the pilot those are some good skills but i prefer the proper stuff. Blue Angles are similar to our Red Arrows i'd imagine.

But to complain like they did, well that's just lame.

I'd rather see the Blue Angles then stupid celebs flying around town in their Learjets.
I am with you on that.  I have been in aviation for years now, yet I find airshows boring as hell.  Go figure.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6445|Ontario, Canada
Am I the only one seeing this as "not a big deal/concern"?
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

d4rkst4r wrote:

Not if you consider the city.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6434|SoCal

usmarine2005 wrote:

...Maybe these idiots are unaware of 15 year old 747's flying over their heads into San Fran...

...Maybe these idiots ignore the fact that celebrities and rich people fly alone on private jets.
Maybe these idiots do not realize their own governor uses private jets ALL the time, and requires back-up aircraft be in position just in case his breaks.  That is a huge waste of fuel.

These people are into:

Birkenstocks
Village People
Sodomy
WoW

We're talking about San Francisco here, of all places.  As is the hallmark of liberals, these oddities arise when there is nothing left to bitch about.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
jarhedch
+12|6662|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st

usmarine2005 wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

So I bet you are a fan of the 9th circuit court of appeals right?
LOL, being from Concord, (30 mins east of SF) I can tell you I'M A REAL BIG FAN (of seeing the nut jobs on the 9th circuit go out and get real lives along with the rest of city)
specops10-4
+108|6735|In the hills

d4rkst4r wrote:

He is just pointing out the fact that the retards in San Fransisco (except for the Mythbusters, which i might actually hate if I met them in person) are against anything military.  They try to come up with lame excuses and shit that pisses me off.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6328|Oregon
goddamn that's a dumb thing to start a petition over.
I <3 San Francisco because I'm a goddamn-tree-hugging-hippy liberal but SF is a hotbed for the fake, shitty kind of liberal who just likes to challenge anything and everything that isn't about peace, gay rights, pro-choice or environmentalism. Now, I'm all for those things, but the Blue Angels are so damn harmless and so fucking cool to watch...
This is just as ridiculous as "liberals" who want to ban violent video games (*HILLARY CLINTON*) or explicit music (*TIPPER GORE*). damn.
JihaadJack
+12|6282|Southampton, Hampshire
My most resounding memory from San Fransisco was walking past Macys downtown and seeing a woman sitting in a bus stop with full "the crow" makeup having a heated argument with herself >.>

I used to be a pilot myself untill i was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this year and told i wasn't to fly anymore. A ban on flying is stupid, period.
JihaadJack
+12|6282|Southampton, Hampshire

rdx-fx wrote:

Call it for what it is;
Anything to do with the military, the SF liberati want to ban.

Dangerous?  yeah, possibly some of the most highly trained, dedicated, focused pilots in the world - and they're more dangerous than a 1/2 awake 60 year old airline pilot on a 20 year old 'flying bus' maintained by minimum wage ground crews?!
Get real.

Waste of fuel?  Okay, as soon as SF bans all automobiles, turns off all electronic devices (powered by coal/nuclear/oil plants, mostly), recycles all electronic items that have tantalum or lead (=iPod, cell phone, computer, TV, etc etc) .... THEN we'll think about canceling the handful of jets the Blue Angels operate.
Agreed, you cant live in the middle of a city that fucking massive and have the right to complain about a few jets
l41e
+677|6640

fadedsteve wrote:

Nah, not liberal douche bags. Just douche bags in general. Stupid ones at that.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

All for the purpose of entertainment.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

usmarine2005 wrote:

This is why a I hate San fransisco.

When I was reading this, and seeing it on TV, I kind of blew it off.  Then, I read their reasons....

"CodePink has launched an online petition, signed by more than 500 people to date, calling on leaders to end the flyovers for reasons of public safety, air pollution and fuel waste."

http://www.examiner.com/a-768103~Daly%2 … 0show.html

Safety:       

Maybe these idiots are unaware of 15 year old 747's flying over their heads into San Fran.

Fuel Waste:

Maybe these idiots ignore the fact that celebrities and rich people fly alone on private jets.

Wow, only in America...
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Fucking.Hippies.
InnerMonkey
+62|6711
meh, it's California.  It's rare to hear of something good coming from there.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i came into this thread ready to flame [you]...then i read your post. for raising my blood pressure.
golgoj4
+51|6766|North Hollywood
lol @ this thread. I hope the Blue Angels fly as long as possible. The comments in this thread are hilarious though. Prison? Interrogation? All for opening one's mouth eh? I wonder who's really anti-American around here some days...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard