Afrika_18
+26|6541
Presently, I don't hack.  But how many bf2 players do?  I'm under the impression that most people are hacking and am no considering getting a hack myself so I can at least have a chance.  Does anyone have a link to stats on this (if any)?  I know that sales of BF2 Haks at &*^%%$.com are astronomical, so I know that there are tons of hackers.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6452|USA
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6445|Boulder, CO
to be honest i rarely see hackers in fact i've not seen a single person i could actually acuse of hacking, i think it just depends on the server more than anything as to how many hackers you may find.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
I dont find many people i think of hacking. However lots of people use macros which are allowed.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
Glitching>Hacking
howler_27
+90|6685
Although I've been accused of it several times, I do not, will not hack/exploit this or any other game.  If you have to hack, your just fooling yourself into believing that your good at a game.  Accept what you have, and use your mellon to overcome obsticals.  I've found that it makes me a more tactical player, and that gives me the most satisfaction.  Knowing that I can do well w/o cheats is what it's about.
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6654|Cambridge, England
Not true, i have found very few hackers, just use servers that regularly check there punkbuster screenshots. I fyou do this you will have an enjoyable BF2 experiance without hackers.

edit... why are there two of these posts if i dellete one both go?

Last edited by jimmanycricket (2007-06-11 09:38:41)

Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6369|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Plenty of people do, and usually they are people who u wont think are hacking anyway cos they still suck. We caught one the other day on our server, he had no fog hack and could see everyone on UAV. Looked at his stats and you wouldn't know he cheated. The worst type of BF2 player hacks, the one who still is rubbish whatever he/she uses.

Sorry to say some of my friends have cheated, alot of them moved on to 2142 and stopped. Which is a good thing, but yes BF2 is pretty bad for it in my experience. Hacks are too clever now, you hardly catch people on PB anymore for it. No PB screen, no proof; therefore they just shove it bk in your face if you kick them....
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6744

Afrika_18 wrote:

Presently, I don't hack.  But how many bf2 players do?  I'm under the impression that most people are hacking and am no considering getting a hack myself so I can at least have a chance.  Does anyone have a link to stats on this (if any)?  I know that sales of BF2 Haks at &*^%%$.com are astronomical, so I know that there are tons of hackers.
I've played 1300 hours and only come across four hackers that were obviously hacking and making the server a pain to play on.

Most cheaters aren't honestly that good and are killable. It is not like CS where cheats are so prevalent and free that smart players using cheats are hard to determine.

Over the last year, more and more under-ranked players have started calling everyone who does anything better then they are a cheater...

How long have you played the game? It sounds to me like you fall into the above category, especially given that you are considering buying cheats just to "compete," that is honestly a pretty retarded argument in an FPS game. Maybe in a MMPORG or something where your use of bots etc. doesn't directly and immediately ruin everyones game play, but in FPS games thats low of the low. You simply aren't playing if you are cheating.

You would be better served to play longer and just enjoy BF2; if you suspect a cheater, rather then making an ass of yourself simply change servers. If every server you go to has "cheaters" on it, then it is you with the problem not them.

Many players have played these maps 100's of hours and know them inside out. Coupled with UAV and a hand spotting commander, and a squad of guys in vent/teamspeak, you are basically hamburger. Further more with good squads res'ing eachother, KD ratios of 40:3 etc. are entirely feasible round after round. You just have to have the experience to know how to do it.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
In a game as Battlefield 2, its quiet hard to get hard evidence on some one hacking/aimbot because the hitboxes are just some times impossible, I've had days where I would hand out headshot after headshot ending up with a massive kill death ratio, other days I've emptied entire clips on people which just jumped away and killed me.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

There are virtually no hackers. Everyone claims everyone else is hacking on a very regular basis. I've been kicked from servers for 'hacking'.

Some people are jsut better than others. Don't be a pussy about it and accuse people of hacking - because it is EXTREMELY rare.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

Bertster7 wrote:

There are virtually no hackers. Everyone claims everyone else is hacking on a very regular basis. I've been kicked from servers for 'hacking'.

Some people are jsut better than others. Don't be a pussy about it and accuse people of hacking - because it is EXTREMELY rare.
It is rare but not extremely. Those hack sites sell thousands of hacks.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

Vilham wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

So?

Thousands isn't many. I doubt more than 2% of BF2 players hack.
jord

Bertster7 wrote:

It's not that rare. If you're into Io servers then you'll run into more than on a Gulf of Oman 64 map.

I'd go with a hacker every 100 hours of playing. So that's 5 for me.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6522|Little blue planet, milky way
Lol... I can't believe people still believe in "hacking". Lets get a couple of facts straight:

1) Finding an exploit (like hiding inside an inacessible building shooting out of it), is VERY common, because EA dont give a s**t about people cheating like this, so there are a lot of "holes" that you can find and exploit. This is CHEATING... Not "hacking". Sometimes you'll find a mod willing to kick/ban people for cheating like this, and it's fairly easy to detect when playing with battlerecorder. You don't need to "buy" anything to cheat like this, nor have any programs installed.Though some people probably buy the information because they're too lazy to look at battlerecorder data to see how people gain entrance into an exploitable area.

2) Buying a program that will give you an advantage (like coloring your enemies, removing fog etc. etc. means that SOMEONE ELSE hacked the game (or graphicsdriver, which is a lot easier to mess with), then made a program and sold it. Not that the guy using the program is a hacker. You might aswell call the teller at your local bank a robber because he takes money from the register ! The guy using the program is STILL not a hacker, at best he's a cheater who's so bad at the game that he needs an arteficial boost to get better, so instead of buying better hardware, he goes out and buys a cheat.
NORMALLY, punkbuster should be able to detect these cheats. but it doesn't always.

3) There ARE railgun gods out there who will own your a** nomatter WHAT you come at them with. That's because they're GOOD, not because they're cheating, and certainly not because they're "hacking". Accept it, move on, learn and grow.

I only respond to this because, I'm pretty sick of people talking about cheaters and hackers in the same breath. Hackers do NOT cheat (well, presumably some do, but as a rule hackers aren't cheaters), and cheaters do not hack ! Hackers hack, and cheaters cheat ! Get it straight please !
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6369|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Bertster7 wrote:

There are virtually no hackers
Can you prove that? I count 1096 convicted hackers on the PB ban list, but most of them have got new CD Keys + all those who havent been caught. Sure, people are better then others, but if your tellling me there are basically none, which is what you imply from what you said then you are mistaken.

As I said, there are alot more than you think, they just suck anyway so you don't notice. Becoming a hacker doesn't make you better, thats your presumption.

I would add that the number of BF2 hacks has risen recently with the introduction of new versions to take over from MSX and T2X, the number of hacking sites is much higher than it used to be for BF2. It's clearly becoming more popular otherwise they would be outta business by now dont you think?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

I've only ever seen one person that I'm sure was hacking the whole time I've been playing BF2. That was wall glitching. I'm sure I have encoutered a few people using aimbots at one time or another, but I doubt it's many.

I stand by my previous statement that hacking is EXTREMELY rare.
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6614|Kent, UK

Twist wrote:

Lol... I can't believe people still believe in "hacking". Lets get a couple of facts straight:

1) Finding an exploit (like hiding inside an inacessible building shooting out of it), is VERY common, because EA dont give a s**t about people cheating like this, so there are a lot of "holes" that you can find and exploit. This is CHEATING... Not "hacking". Sometimes you'll find a mod willing to kick/ban people for cheating like this, and it's fairly easy to detect when playing with battlerecorder. You don't need to "buy" anything to cheat like this, nor have any programs installed.Though some people probably buy the information because they're too lazy to look at battlerecorder data to see how people gain entrance into an exploitable area.

2) Buying a program that will give you an advantage (like coloring your enemies, removing fog etc. etc. means that SOMEONE ELSE hacked the game (or graphicsdriver, which is a lot easier to mess with), then made a program and sold it. Not that the guy using the program is a hacker. You might aswell call the teller at your local bank a robber because he takes money from the register ! The guy using the program is STILL not a hacker, at best he's a cheater who's so bad at the game that he needs an arteficial boost to get better, so instead of buying better hardware, he goes out and buys a cheat.
NORMALLY, punkbuster should be able to detect these cheats. but it doesn't always.

3) There ARE railgun gods out there who will own your a** nomatter WHAT you come at them with. That's because they're GOOD, not because they're cheating, and certainly not because they're "hacking". Accept it, move on, learn and grow.

I only respond to this because, I'm pretty sick of people talking about cheaters and hackers in the same breath. Hackers do NOT cheat (well, presumably some do, but as a rule hackers aren't cheaters), and cheaters do not hack ! Hackers hack, and cheaters cheat ! Get it straight please !
k
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

jord wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

It's not that rare. If you're into Io servers then you'll run into more than on a Gulf of Oman 64 map.

1 hacker/100 hours of playtime - that's extremely rare if you ask me.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6648|Keyboard

Afrika_18 wrote:

Improve your gameplay. It's by doubts like yours that clean but novice players turn to hackers, and they are spreading out. They justify themselves by saying "everybody does it, why can't I?". It all depends in your own moral of doing things.
dead_rac00n
+12|6481|DTC
The only solid evidence of someone using a hack is when you see lots of cars falling down.
Dragonclaw
+186|6304|Florida

Afrika_18 wrote:

Presently, I don't hack.  But how many bf2 players do?
About 20,000 or more hack. Most of them use crappy easily detected hacks and get banned weekly. About 2000-3000 use hacks that are completely undetectable and get very rare detections if ever, these hacks usually have PB screenshot blockers that work.
jord

Bertster7 wrote:

jord wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Yeah I suppose.

There's probably hackers that nobody notices, like the see through wall ones.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

jord wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

jord wrote:

Yeah I suppose.

There's probably hackers that nobody notices, like the see through wall ones.
theres more glitchers than hackers

arent there jord
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK

Bertster7 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

So?

Thousands isn't many. I doubt more than 2% of BF2 players hack.
That means one person on every 64 player server. One is too many.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard