Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

This is where your Big Mac comes from. Industrial farming KILLS!!! This is how the animals in America lives. And many other countries. Really strong footage, certanly clarifies why we have mad cow disease. It may look like a grade B-horror movie, but it's actually nothing else than grade A meat.

"Enjoy" the movie

WARNING: VIOLENT CONTENT! DO NOT WATCH IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE!

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL
mmmmmmmm........beef.  Didn't watch it.  yeah, animals die so that I may live, they have a decent life beforehand though, so i'm not really concerned.  i have been all over the states, and every cow i have seen has acres of grass and shade trees at its disposal.  yeah, they do head into barns in bad weather, but wouldn't you?  they get years of life spent doing whatever they want, and then 30 seconds of relatively painless death.  Not too shabby. 

i have no control over the farms of other countries however.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6204|Winland

S.Lythberg wrote:

mmmmmmmm........beef.  Didn't watch it.  yeah, animals die so that I may live, they have a decent life beforehand though, so I'm not really concerned.  i have been all over the states, and every cow i have seen has acres of grass and shade trees at its disposal.  yeah, they do head into barns in bad weather, but wouldn't you?  they get years of life spent doing whatever they want, and then 30 seconds of relatively painless death.  Not too shabby. 

Watch the movie before you comment! Animals don't just die so that we can live, they get tortured, they get their throats slit whiles they're still cautious! They get cooked alive! And you, Mr. haven't seen yet 1% of all the cows!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

Freezer7Pro wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

mmmmmmmm........beef.  Didn't watch it.  yeah, animals die so that I may live, they have a decent life beforehand though, so I'm not really concerned.  i have been all over the states, and every cow i have seen has acres of grass and shade trees at its disposal.  yeah, they do head into barns in bad weather, but wouldn't you?  they get years of life spent doing whatever they want, and then 30 seconds of relatively painless death.  Not too shabby. 

Watch the movie before you comment! Animals don't just die so that we can live, they get tortured, they get their throats slit whiles they're still cautious! They get cooked alive! And you, Mr. haven't seen yet 1% of all the cows!
Honestly, I don't want to see animals killed, you should worry about stopping human torture before you go on a crusade against mistreatment of animals.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

HI COW!!
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/Tyferra/HICOW.png
Yeah? I knew they killed animals before I ate them. I mean... what are you suggesting, that we eat them when they're still alive?
You sir, are a monster.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

Mmmm, Just ate a burger.

Oh, and the movie?  Didn't bother watching it.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6204|Winland

Ty wrote:

HI COW!!
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/ … /HICOW.png
Yeah? I knew they killed animals before I ate them. I mean... what are you suggesting, that we eat them when they're still alive?
You sir, are a monster.
I suggest killing animals without torturing them first. Why can't anyone watch the movie before they leave cheapass comments?
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6733|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ty wrote:

HI COW!!
You sir, are a monster.
I suggest killing animals without torturing them first. Why can't anyone watch the movie before they leave cheapass comments?
Cause the movie won't load
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6526|Adelaide, South Australia

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ty wrote:

HI COW!!
You sir, are a monster.
No offence, but you do realise that anyone who watches that movie will probably not be swayed to stop eating meat. They like meat and have been eating it for years; unless you come up with proof that meat is poison, just about any argument is useless/pointless.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ty wrote:

HI COW!!
You sir, are a monster.
torture takes time, american business is all about efficiency.  the cows are dead before they know they're dying.  The movie was likely shot in some second or third world nation without sufficient killing technology.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I did watch the movie, have done before. I have also worked in an abattoir, (New Zealand's main exports are animal products and Peter Jackson,) and it's not as bad as is depicted, (smells awful though.)
This video is made for propaganda reasons and although I'm not disputing that terrible things do occur in some places I am quite comfortable that they don't in my country so I am quite happy to continue eating meat.
And I only buy free-range eggs. I have a conscience, I'm just not going to go nuts though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6204|Winland

S.Lythberg wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ty wrote:

HI COW!!
You sir, are a monster.
torture takes time, american business is all about efficiency.  the cows are dead before they know they're dying.  The movie was likely shot in some second or third world nation without sufficient killing technology.
It's shot in the US. And again, watch the film. Would you like to get your nuts ripped out of your body without any painkillers, maybe? Or dragged by your back leg onto a truck? Or Getting your throat slit? Hmm?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

Freezer7Pro wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

It's shot in the US. And again, watch the film. Would you like to get your nuts ripped out of your body without any painkillers, maybe? Or dragged by your back leg onto a truck? Or Getting your throat slit? Hmm?
yeah yeah, PETA and all that, I'm still going to McDonalds tomorrow...

So typical of them to replay an isolated incident over and over to make it appear common, but I'm not convinced.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6204|Winland

S.Lythberg wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

So typical of them to replay an isolated incident over and over to make it appear common, but I'm not convinced.
It's not any loop. Watch the movie.

And I'm no vego. I eat meat too, but I live in an eco land. (Thank god for that). And what's shown in the video, it's horrible that this happens ONCE. And apparently Lythberg hasn't got the guts to watch it.
Tshadow
+3|6702
I watched the video..and i like animals and i kinda feel for them too. They are tortured really bad, but dun you think u shoudl worry about the people who die of war..i think thats meaningless killing, people who are tortured and killed. Atleast these animals have some kinda of meaningful death ( i am not saying i support their torture) but i think freezer you should think about people first, people who get their limps torn from a misfired shell and then they lie on the ground and bleed to death.

Last edited by Tshadow (2007-06-09 21:48:10)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6786|Great Brown North

Freezer7Pro wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

And I'm no vego. I eat meat too, but I live in an eco land. (Thank god for that). And what's shown in the video, it's horrible that this happens ONCE. And apparently Lythberg hasn't got the guts to watch it.
i think the point is that it ISNT common, they've been showing the same clips for years

yeah bad things happen in some places, it's ALWAYS going to be like that

now dont get me wrong, im completely against mistreating them on their way to being executed for my enjoyment of their tastey bits.
so... for meat but against inhumane treatment
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

Freezer7Pro wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I watched it pal, but i've seen it (and others like it) before.  Whats your point?  I only see free range cattle by me, and even a handful of free range chickens.  If you've got a better way to feed 300 million people, I'd like to see it.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6397

In Australia we line them up, then jab them with electric rods in the back of the neck, and push the next cow in.  A lot more efficient - no blood (yet) and it's a instant kill every time (BOOM HEADSHOT!!).
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6204|Winland

People here seem to have absolutely no respect. I'd like to see the looks on your faces when you get threated as the animals in this film.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

Freezer7Pro wrote:

People here seem to have absolutely no respect. I'd like to see the looks on your faces when you get threated as the animals in this film.
Respect for what? you? you have to earn it first.  I do respect animals, since many are capable of killing me easily, and I do feel sorry for the animals in the film, but this is certainly not the norm.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6781|Noizyland

I've given my reasoning. What is shown in the video is sick and wrong but it's also propaganda. They found the worst places and exploited them for their own means, that's all it is. This video was commissioned by PETA for christs sake, they go to the worst places to create this stuff to try and get people to jump on their political bandwagon as you have done.

Regardless, as I know the conditions for the animals who provide the meat I eat I'm quite content to continue eating them.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6204|Winland

You seem to ahve no respect for the animals suffering. That's what happens every day. Yet again, how would you like it if some guy comes and burns you with a rod and rips your balls out?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6296|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

On this note, I can't eat too much red meat. I have high-blood iron --> my liver a-splode.

Anyway, I don't honestly think there'll be much support here (or anywhere outside of PETA and other animals' rights groups). Most people just like meat too much to care what animals go through.

Or I could just post a link to Maddox's anti-vegetarianism article.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6204|Winland

Even if theese are the worst case scenarios, it's horrible that it happens at all.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

Freezer7Pro wrote:

You seem to ahve no respect for the animals suffering. That's what happens every day. Yet again, how would you like it if some guy comes and burns you with a rod and rips your balls out?
Why do you respond to an intelligent response with more PETA crap?  You wanted a debate, but you must do it on our terms.  Get smart or get lost my friend.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard