Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
-101-InvaderZim
Member
+42|5688|Waikato, Aotearoa
As the specs i posted before, swap the 478 skt motherboard for a 775/939 pcx board, & get a pcx
video card (6600-6800). gotta keep up with the times. oh & if ur not a tech, or are unsure of how to build rigs, then pay a techie to build it for you. if something goes wrong then your warrantee could be void. better safe than sorry
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|5665

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

As the specs i posted before, swap the 478 skt motherboard for a 775/939 pcx board, & get a pcx
video card (6600-6800). gotta keep up with the times. oh & if ur not a tech, or are unsure of how to build rigs, then pay a techie to build it for you. if something goes wrong then your warrantee could be void. better safe than sorry
Are you talking to yourself here?
Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548
Build the ULTIMATE GAMING PC!!!  Here's the specs for the PC I play BF2 on, I built it a couple months ago... ALL HIGH Game Settings for Video + 4x Anti-Aliasing ON / 75 - 95 fps {BF2} 55 - 70 fps {BF2SF}:

-500 Watt PS w/ 7 Cooling Fans <3 exhaust, 4 intake> {PC Cooling... Very important!!!}
-AMD X2 64 4800+
-ASUS A8N-SLI ATX MoBo
-2 Gigs Dual-Channel Corsair DDRAM
-Geforce 7800
-200 Gig SATA Maxtor HD
-SONY DVD CD R-RW DL
-27" Dell Flatscreen LCD {I know I know... grab a tissue... you're drooling}
-NO sound card... NO NEED... using onboard...good enough {You’ll want Stereo headphones w/ a Mic anyway}

BOOM HEAD SHOT GUY thinks his PC owns...?  My PC owns............................ IT OWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I can help anyone that wants or runs into issues building a pc.  I build them all day for work and fun.  NO LAG is the ONLY way BF2 should be played.  I can help with that too... tweaking your settings with the PC you have now can usually fix LAG. I have buddies that have less specs on their PCs and play fine.  It might not look too pretty but you can play.  Food for thought... CARRY ON SOLDIERS.
Maj.Do
Member
+85|5596|good old CA
so not the ultimate gaming pc lol.  the sound card i say the sound
Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548

Curious_Soldier wrote:

-NO sound card... NO NEED... using onboard...good enough {You’ll want Stereo headphones w/ a Mic anyway}
Forget the sound card Maj Do Do.... use the money on better components...
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|5665

Curious_Soldier wrote:

Curious_Soldier wrote:

-NO sound card... NO NEED... using onboard...good enough {You’ll want Stereo headphones w/ a Mic anyway}
Forget the sound card Maj Do Do.... use the money on better components...
X-Fi can help increase your frame rate vs. on board sound (not by much but every fps is valuable!)

Re: your 27" Dell - either it is the high res. 24" or you have a lower res. 27" TV - which one?
Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

X-Fi can help increase your frame rate vs. on board sound (not by much but every fps is valuable!)

Re: your 27" Dell - either it is the high res. 24" or you have a lower res. 27" TV - which one?
Something you might want to take into consideration if you're running a slower / older PC.  Even then, if you are having issues with LAG or low FPS, there are other "hardware" components (or lack there of) that need to be addressed.  Have you hardware benchmarked this or found a link referring to a benchmark where a "sound card" has improved FPS.  Basically, my point is... a sound card is NOT VITAL.  I don't have one and have a FPS of nearly 100 because of all the other "high-end" hardware.  Packets do not drop more or less frequently dependant on your sound card.  FPS is directly impacted by speed of processor, amount of memory and vpu speed for video card; a good internet connection is also a must.  I have cable broadband along with the specs you seen for my PC.  NO LAG... gotta LOVE IT.

By the way, it's the 26" High Res Flat (my mistake)
Here's a pic of my screen:  http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/3X_lcd26?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|5614|AUS, Canberra

Curious_Soldier wrote:

Build the ULTIMATE GAMING PC!!!  Here's the specs for the PC I play BF2 on, I built it a couple months ago... ALL HIGH Game Settings for Video + 4x Anti-Aliasing ON / 75 - 95 fps {BF2} 55 - 70 fps {BF2SF}:

-500 Watt PS w/ 7 Cooling Fans <3 exhaust, 4 intake> {PC Cooling... Very important!!!}
-AMD X2 64 4800+
-ASUS A8N-SLI ATX MoBo
-2 Gigs Dual-Channel Corsair DDRAM
-Geforce 7800
-200 Gig SATA Maxtor HD
-SONY DVD CD R-RW DL
-27" Dell Flatscreen LCD {I know I know... grab a tissue... you're drooling}
-NO sound card... NO NEED... using onboard...good enough {You’ll want Stereo headphones w/ a Mic anyway}

BOOM HEAD SHOT GUY thinks his PC owns...?  My PC owns............................ IT OWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I can help anyone that wants or runs into issues building a pc.  I build them all day for work and fun.  NO LAG is the ONLY way BF2 should be played.  I can help with that too... tweaking your settings with the PC you have now can usually fix LAG. I have buddies that have less specs on their PCs and play fine.  It might not look too pretty but you can play.  Food for thought... CARRY ON SOLDIERS.
thats a good pc but def not the "ultimate"
The_Surgical_Spirit
Member
+0|5610|UK
Nobody seems to be suggesting RAID arrays. I run a RAID 0 and it loads quick as anything with 2 80gb SATAs - just a bit of a pain in the arse to set up when you're putting the OS on for the first time. Clearly the ultimate would be a SATA II RAID 0 with 10 000rpm raptors.
Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548

the_heart_attack wrote:

Curious_Soldier wrote:

Build the ULTIMATE GAMING PC!!!  Here's the specs for the PC I play BF2 on, I built it a couple months ago... ALL HIGH Game Settings for Video + 4x Anti-Aliasing ON / 75 - 95 fps {BF2} 55 - 70 fps {BF2SF}:

-500 Watt PS w/ 7 Cooling Fans <3 exhaust, 4 intake> {PC Cooling... Very important!!!}
-AMD X2 64 4800+
-ASUS A8N-SLI ATX MoBo
-2 Gigs Dual-Channel Corsair DDRAM
-Geforce 7800
-200 Gig SATA Maxtor HD
-SONY DVD CD R-RW DL
-27" Dell Flatscreen LCD {I know I know... grab a tissue... you're drooling}
-NO sound card... NO NEED... using onboard...good enough {You’ll want Stereo headphones w/ a Mic anyway}

BOOM HEAD SHOT GUY thinks his PC owns...?  My PC owns............................ IT OWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I can help anyone that wants or runs into issues building a pc.  I build them all day for work and fun.  NO LAG is the ONLY way BF2 should be played.  I can help with that too... tweaking your settings with the PC you have now can usually fix LAG. I have buddies that have less specs on their PCs and play fine.  It might not look too pretty but you can play.  Food for thought... CARRY ON SOLDIERS.
thats a good pc but def not the "ultimate"
WOW aren't our standards HIGH? LOL What are you running? or what do you consider "the ultimate"? 

I hope your not comparing my PC to a XPS or Alienware P(iece)C(rap)... For the price... my custom knocks every "retail" PC on the market, out o' da water.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|5614|AUS, Canberra

Curious_Soldier wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

Curious_Soldier wrote:

Build the ULTIMATE GAMING PC!!!  Here's the specs for the PC I play BF2 on, I built it a couple months ago... ALL HIGH Game Settings for Video + 4x Anti-Aliasing ON / 75 - 95 fps {BF2} 55 - 70 fps {BF2SF}:

-500 Watt PS w/ 7 Cooling Fans <3 exhaust, 4 intake> {PC Cooling... Very important!!!}
-AMD X2 64 4800+
-ASUS A8N-SLI ATX MoBo
-2 Gigs Dual-Channel Corsair DDRAM
-Geforce 7800
-200 Gig SATA Maxtor HD
-SONY DVD CD R-RW DL
-27" Dell Flatscreen LCD {I know I know... grab a tissue... you're drooling}
-NO sound card... NO NEED... using onboard...good enough {You’ll want Stereo headphones w/ a Mic anyway}

BOOM HEAD SHOT GUY thinks his PC owns...?  My PC owns............................ IT OWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I can help anyone that wants or runs into issues building a pc.  I build them all day for work and fun.  NO LAG is the ONLY way BF2 should be played.  I can help with that too... tweaking your settings with the PC you have now can usually fix LAG. I have buddies that have less specs on their PCs and play fine.  It might not look too pretty but you can play.  Food for thought... CARRY ON SOLDIERS.
thats a good pc but def not the "ultimate"
WOW aren't our standards HIGH? LOL What are you running? or what do you consider "the ultimate"? 

I hope your not comparing my PC to a XPS or Alienware P(iece)C(rap)... For the price... my custom knocks every "retail" PC on the market, out o' da water.
calm down, i built my own pc,

its not as good as yours but your is not the ultimate as you claimed.

the ultimate gaming computer would be a us airforce flight sim, they are about 500 times more powerfull than any home pc.
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|5665

Curious_Soldier wrote:

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

X-Fi can help increase your frame rate vs. on board sound (not by much but every fps is valuable!)

Re: your 27" Dell - either it is the high res. 24" or you have a lower res. 27" TV - which one?
Something you might want to take into consideration if you're running a slower / older PC.  Even then, if you are having issues with LAG or low FPS, there are other "hardware" components (or lack there of) that need to be addressed.  Have you hardware benchmarked this or found a link referring to a benchmark where a "sound card" has improved FPS.  Basically, my point is... a sound card is NOT VITAL.  I don't have one and have a FPS of nearly 100 because of all the other "high-end" hardware.  Packets do not drop more or less frequently dependant on your sound card.  FPS is directly impacted by speed of processor, amount of memory and vpu speed for video card; a good internet connection is also a must.  I have cable broadband along with the specs you seen for my PC.  NO LAG... gotta LOVE IT.

By the way, it's the 26" High Res Flat (my mistake)
Here's a pic of my screen:  http://www1.us.dell.com/content/product … &s=dhs
X-Fi link to fps: (gee I wonder why they call the Fatal1ty version the FPS??)
"A completely re-engineered game audio processing engine utilizing Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor allows Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS to deliver the fastest gaming performance ever seen, providing more than a 15% performance boost over motherboard audio solutions while simultaneously delivering full audio effects!" ---- this is marketing hype but it does improve fps no matter what hardware you have.  I agree that it is not "VITAL" but it can help with fps which is what I was saying.  (I also agree that $ could be spent elsewhere for more bang for the buck).

Only one game so far—EA's Battlefield 2—has explicit support for the X-Fi onboard RAM.
https://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3732/pic55vd.jpg

So it is a 26" TV. The 24" LCD pc monitor has a res. of 1920x1200 = Hi Res!  TV res = 1366 x 768 = Low Res!

Last edited by Leatherface-TCM (2005-12-20 13:20:23)

Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548

The_Surgical_Spirit wrote:

Nobody seems to be suggesting RAID arrays. I run a RAID 0 and it loads quick as anything with 2 80gb SATAs - just a bit of a pain in the arse to set up when you're putting the OS on for the first time. Clearly the ultimate would be a SATA II RAID 0 with 10 000rpm raptors.
OK.. finally someone with a knowledgable response. 

Correct, THAT would be "more" ultimate than my current configuration. 

The fact that a SATA 3Gb/s (what you referred to as SATA II) has a constant (transfer) rate of 60Mb/s per HD.  In a RAID configuration w/ 2 HDs, 88.28Mb/s. The RAID Array should provide faster and more stable performance, since the data is spanned over several HDs & can be read and processed more efficiently. 

You must also take into consideration your processor & BUS speed.  Even though you have a top-end RAID disk Array, if your other components can't keep up, you'll be "bottle-necking" at your CPU. 

With my current PC specs, I will not get an improvment in performance for better game play, regardless of what hardware I "add". 

My current SATA drive constant rate is approx. 70 Mb/s; approx: 10 Mb/s less than if it they were redundant.  The only benefit of configuring a RAID Array is that the application{s} will "open & close" quicker, reading from your HDs, but that's why I have 2 Gigs of memory. 

Initially, I was going to set up a RAID ARRAY with 2 SATA HDs (not SATA 3Gb/s HDs) but I spent that $$$ on a better video card (GeForce 7800). 

In other words, I would NOT suggest going the RAID "route" (especially if the PC is only for BF2 and your not familiar with building custom rigs)...

Off-topic:  I want to build another one now and utilize the SLI dual video capabilities on that one.  Anyone test use this function on the ASUS A8N-SLI MoBo?  Is it just "over-kill"? hahaha

Last edited by Curious_Soldier (2005-12-20 16:00:58)

taddzilla
Member
+23|5687|Pembroke Pines, FL.
I got my rig from www.abspc.com.  Great selection of stuff, and they got a 9 "Kick Ass" rating on one of their rigs from Maximum PC.

ASUS A8N-Deluxe SLI
AMD 64 4000
1 GIG Corsiar XL Memory
160 GB Seagate
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
Antec 550 Tru Power
EVGA 6600GT   (Hopefully Santa will get me a 7800GT)
Thermaltake Tsunami Case

Under 1500, at the beginning of this year.
Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548

the_heart_attack wrote:

calm down, i built my own pc,

its not as good as yours but your is not the ultimate as you claimed.

the ultimate gaming computer would be a us airforce flight sim, they are about 500 times more powerfull than any home pc.
LOL are you kidding me?!?!?

You're RIGHT, you're right...

NASA has a better PC than me.... you MORON.  We're talking about personal PCs... not government PCs. 

By the way... is NASA running 2000 or XP?  I forget...
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|5665
Curious - you need this setup since you have the "I pwns you" system - Sweet!

ps - NASA is still running Win95:)

Last edited by Leatherface-TCM (2005-12-20 13:32:49)

Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

X-Fi [url=http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=14000]link[/url] to fps: (gee I wonder why they call the Fatal1ty version the FPS??)
"A completely re-engineered game audio processing engine utilizing Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor allows Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS to deliver the fastest gaming performance ever seen, providing more than a 15% performance boost over motherboard audio solutions while simultaneously delivering full audio effects!" ---- this is marketing hype but it does improve fps no matter what hardware you have.  I agree that it is not "VITAL" but it can help with fps which is what I was saying.  (I also agree that $ could be spent elsewhere for more bang for the buck).

Only one game so far—EA's Battlefield 2—has explicit support for the X-Fi onboard RAM.
[url=http://imageshack.us][url]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3732/pic55vd.jpg[/url][/url]
Huh... I wasn't aware of this "new" soundcard technology... now I know... nice research bro.  Still wouldn't buy one though...
Curious_Soldier
Member
+0|5548

Leatherface-TCM wrote:

Curious - you need [url=http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/14/sneak_preview_of_the_nvidia_quad_gpu_setup/]this setup[/url] since you have the "I pwns you" system - Sweet!

ps - NASA is still running Win95:)
LOL win95... LFace... you CRAZY DOGG...... QUAD SLI? LOL..... I'm running out and getting one just so I can say I have it... I'll let yall know how it works...
Seth Infinite
Member
+3|5583|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Refurbished Dell 5100, P4/3000, 512 MRAM, 80 Gig HD, NO Video, NO Sound. 1 yr warranty. Nov. 2005

400.  Computer
50.   500 Watt Power Supply
100.  1 Gig Ram
200.  Used PCIe 6800GT Video Card
00.   Existing SB Audigy
00.   Existing Sharp 17" LCD Display


So, for 750 US$ I got a machine that runs BF2 with no problems and all video settings on high. Also bought Turtle Beach 5.1 Surround Sound headset.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard