HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6665|California
Hi, my name's David....

I'm from planet Earth...

For me to offend you now... you'll have to move to Uranus.
13rin
+977|6487

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

Yeah the rest of the world must be jelaous of all your good stuff overthere, like your culture....old history....and general way of living,right?

There are plenty of nations that has a better and more fair way of life....get over yourselves, the rest of the world is pissed because your elected leaders keep raping the world and using it as their own little playground.

As many has posted here before the world doesn´t hate the citizens of USA, just your political leaders and your messed up system.

US citizens are nice people, a bit confused and not soo well-informed about the rest of the world but still very nice people, but let´s not forget you actually voted for George Warmonger Bush twice.
Whatever.  Try jealous of success.  How many hundreds of years has Europe been dicking around  fighting each other?  How far have you come?  How far has the US gone in a little over 200 year?  Didn't nations give up their individual currency to combat the all might dollar? 

I forgot.  Was the United States attacked first?  Was Saddam complying with the UN?  Why doesn't the rest of the world have the balls to stand up and say we ain't gonna take it?  You all merely look to the US to do it -and then bitch and moan when we don't goose step to your countries nad-less agenda.  It is sad, but it's ok cause over here in the US we know that you guys are all talk.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

http://i15.tinypic.com/5x7341g.jpg
And people wonder why Americans come off as defensive. We do alright for having "a lot" of gun toting idiots.
You do all right? What about Virginia Tech? OVER 11000 PEOPLE die in america every year due to gun related incidents.

Edit: Flecco, i gave it up, i'm too lazy, it doesnt matter what color my text is, if people want to read it, they'll read it.
Nearly 45,000 people are killed every year in traffic accidents but there is by no means any effort to ban automobiles because of it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Shut up "American Idiot". Green Day illustrates my opinion perfectly. Example; American Tourists are so freaking "superior", or they pretend to be, in Australia. I guess alot of you are just idiots. Enough said. This obviously doesnt apply to all americans, but alot of them are slack jawed gun toting maniac idiots! Thats not to say that alot of Australians aren't idiots either. But you're idiots.
http://i15.tinypic.com/5x7341g.jpg
And people wonder why Americans come off as defensive. We do alright for having "a lot" of gun toting idiots.
You do all right? What about Virginia Tech? OVER 11000 PEOPLE die in america every year due to gun related incidents.

Edit: Flecco, i gave it up, i'm too lazy, it doesnt matter what color my text is, if people want to read it, they'll read it.
You do realize there is over 300 million people living here? Odds of getting killed by a handgun are well over one and a million. Maybe you shouldn't draw your opinion based on a handful of tourist and CNN. I'm not here bitching about Port Arthur or the Milperra Massacre am I?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ratzinger
+43|6400|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

I'm not saying it's the best
Oh but we are! People need to face the facts, Without America things would be way different, Hitler would've taken over the world and, BF2S, along with all other internet things, would be written in german. But wait, without America who would have invented the Computer, and the internet, and Microsoft, Mac, Linux? Who would have invented the nuke? Who would have created NASA and all the wonderfull things it's discovered in the years, who would have made it to the moon? Who would've created the countless number of vaccines and medicinal breakthroughs? How about the modern car? It all stemmed from Mr. Ford. How about democracy in general!? Without America, Europe would possibly still be run by a king!

Do i need to go on?
No doubt America couldn't have made it here without the help of other places (mainly Europe)
I only read 3 pages of this, so I'm assuming that most of the obviously false statements above have been rebutted (yeah, Hitler would have won if it hadn't been for those doughboys - and we laugh at how much the Japs get taught about their bit in all that); and oh yeah, Democracy FTW!!! - ffs.

For me, its this sort of thing that influence my opinion. When you see the Chaser guys taking the piss, and then you see the above, you start to wonder if perhaps they WEREN'T taking the piss; that the sample wasn't skewed and maybe EVERY useless bastard they asked didn't know countries on a map. I mean, I can't be sure, but the evidence is piling up. Quick, show me an intelligent Yank, before its too late!

What the fuck are they doing in schools over there, anyway?
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6595|sWEEDen
Most of the European nations have done their warmonging several hundred years before the US....it was Europe that started WW2 and had to suffer the bombing and all shit that came along...We are done with wars, we had Vikings and many other warmongers, we just started to beleive war is the wrong way to go....the rest of the world saw Iraq as no threat to any security then their own, I guess we can see who made the right choice.

We are way ahead of you in many many ways...and for your information we still have our own currency here in Sweden and we have a prooven good lifestyle wich many people would rank higher then yours...the thing is....stuff still are unfair and suck here....the only differance between you and me....is that I can admint it, I don´t defend any of it. I want it to improve even more.

It´s not that hard too see...you guys prefer any kind of action ...even if it´s no good, then to do nothing. But then again...your president are from Texas.....But that´s not really the things that scare me....it´s people who defend that kinda acting that does.

And for the "attack on US first".... I beleive you don´t know much about your agenda for the last 100 years....people get pissed when their life get disturbed by other nations interests for decades and there you have your terrorists born....
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6729|Sydney, Australia

Noobpatty wrote:

Why do you hate America so much?
It seems like Americans have this aura about them. An aura of arrogance that says "We're american. we're the best and we, for the most part, couldn't give a shit about anyone else".

Your politics is fucked up. You have an idiot for a leader. There are all of these 'brandings' - Liberal, Neo-con, etc - pitting people against each other like it's a battle to the death. What the hell is with that?

You play the fucking world police. Why don't you go and fix the utter travesty that is Sudan, or fix the human rights hell hole of North Korea? Is it that those two countries aren't sitting on a layer of sweet, sweet black gold?

An on that mention of money, some of the people in the higher-ups of american politics disgust me. There's nothing like Halliburton rebuilding Iraq... nothing like kick backs and 'severance packages' to Cheney. That reminds me, I also hate that whole 'lobby group' thing. Big business getting it's way at the expense of society. A few benefits and the politicians just push the bill through.

Now for the big one. Guns. I'll admit, I go shooting occasionally, but I don't own the gun that I use. I see no need to own a gun. If nobody else has one, then I don't need one. But I hear you say "We need our guns. Criminals have them and we need to blow their brains out at the first chance we get defend ourselves."

Crime. Crime doesn't just 'happen' - there has to be a societal cause. In America, your minimum wage is so low that a man working full time can not support his family. I don't know who set the wage, but that breaches the definition of the minimum wage. The Education, Hospital and social welfare systems are severely underfunded as a result of spending on the Iraq War. Now it may seem funny, but all of this contributes to create a class of people in society who are chronically poor. They don't have the skills to get good jobs, so they earn so little that they can't support themselves. If they get sick, they must come up with the money before treatment. If one borrows, they are screwed from debt.

As a result of all of this, people resort to crime, cause crime pays better than some shitty $3.50/hour job. This is where the guns enter the equation.

If your politicians stopped thinking about how much earlier they can retire, and concentrate on fixing the countries domestic problems, I might think about visiting America again. It's just too fucked up at the moment.

Oh, and I hate the whole obsession with God. "One nation under god", "God bless America", etc. It's bordering on being fanatical...

Well, umm... yeah.

Mcminty.

NOTE: That being said, I personally know Americans out there that are good and down to earth people. It's just the rest of your country that are, quite frankly, morons.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6332|New Haven, CT

Ratzinger wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Oh but we are! People need to face the facts, Without America things would be way different, Hitler would've taken over the world and, BF2S, along with all other internet things, would be written in german. But wait, without America who would have invented the Computer, and the internet, and Microsoft, Mac, Linux? Who would have invented the nuke? Who would have created NASA and all the wonderfull things it's discovered in the years, who would have made it to the moon? Who would've created the countless number of vaccines and medicinal breakthroughs? How about the modern car? It all stemmed from Mr. Ford. How about democracy in general!? Without America, Europe would possibly still be run by a king!

Do i need to go on?
No doubt America couldn't have made it here without the help of other places (mainly Europe)
I only read 3 pages of this, so I'm assuming that most of the obviously false statements above have been rebutted (yeah, Hitler would have won if it hadn't been for those doughboys - and we laugh at how much the Japs get taught about their bit in all that); and oh yeah, Democracy FTW!!! - ffs.

For me, its this sort of thing that influence my opinion. When you see the Chaser guys taking the piss, and then you see the above, you start to wonder if perhaps they WEREN'T taking the piss; that the sample wasn't skewed and maybe EVERY useless bastard they asked didn't know countries on a map. I mean, I can't be sure, but the evidence is piling up. Quick, show me an intelligent Yank, before its too late!

What the fuck are they doing in schools over there, anyway?
Here is the thread that proves to you the U.S. was vital to winning WWII, since I mentioned that.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 0#p1368700

Also, you should be less ungrateful, since the U.S. saved your island from being isolated during WWII. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Coral_Sea
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6569
Wow.  Another one of these topics.

nukchebi0 wrote:

Here is the thread that proves to you the U.S. was vital to winning WWII, since I mentioned that.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 0#p1368700
Yes, we know what the US did because you say so.  How could we ever doubt youYou are so wise.  Please won't you impart just a fraction of your wisdom on us, oh might lord!

nukchebi0 wrote:

Also, you should be less ungrateful, since the U.S. saved your island from being isolated during WWII. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Coral_Sea
You didn't save us from being isolated.  You defeated a Japanese fleet that was near our coast.  We were isolated for the whole war up until Pearl Harbour.  Even the fact that you did defend us was primarily because you wanted a staging post.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6351|California

Noobpatty wrote:

that's like saying all Asian restaurants are Chinese.
In all fairness, you dont exactly see Russian (in asia) restaurants around. Also, to the untrained eye (not me) Chinese and Japanese and Korean look SORTA alike and same with their food, no offense to anyone who may have taken this the wrong way.

But FYI, I just fucking LOVE Japanese food (esp. sushi and sashimi) and Chinese food. Haven't tried Korean. But love the other two

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2007-06-10 03:05:11)

klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6594|Sweden

usmarine2005 wrote:

Search thousands of threads......Euros and Aussies babbling about America.  Why?  Bored I guess.  Maybe some Euros need longer work weeks and less vacation time.
No thank you I'd rather have it the other way around.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Do i need to go on?
No one would know how the world would have ended up without the United States. But do keep in mind that your beloved country is founded by Europeans! It would have been most likely that some one else would have come up with the idea of the internatz, computer, Nuke or whatever. Just because it was discovered by the Americans first doesn't mean that without you guys it would not have been discovered at all.
May I also remind you of the fact that you American did not actually won the race to the moon on your own, but by help of a European? Werner von Braun? Ring a bell?

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-06-10 03:37:17)

klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6594|Sweden

usmarine2005 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Search thousands of threads......Euros and Aussies babbling about America.  Why?  Bored I guess.  Maybe some Euros need longer work weeks and less vacation time.
They get something like 8 weeks of vacation a year.  And still they complain that they don't get treated fairly.  One american work week would break these people.
Maybe not the week, but less vacation.  Some countries have like a month off straight?  WTF is that?
Let me clear some things up for you guys.
Here in swedent  we are entitled to five weeks of vacation, which are agreed with the company you work for, when on the year the vacation takes place. If you have a nice boss it's possible to take all five weeks together, but most people split it up.

And i bet my average work week would kill you instead.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6351|California

RDMC(2) wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Do i need to go on?
No one would know how the world would have ended up without the United States. But do keep in mind that your beloved country is founded by Europeans! It would have been most likely that some one else would have come up with the idea of the internatz, computer, Nuke or whatever. Just because it was discovered by the Americans first doesn't mean that without you guys it would not have been discovered at all.
May I also remind you of the fact that you American did not actually won the race to the moon on your own, but by help of a European? Werner von Braun? Ring a bell?
Actually, wasn't it Germany that helped us to the moon? Aussies help us in NASA because, believe it or not (I didn't), Australia is a huge space travel leader/assister with their wide open spaces, its perfect for satellite dishes.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

xBlackPantherx wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Do i need to go on?
Actually, wasn't it Germany that helped us to the moon? Aussies help us in NASA because, believe it or not (I didn't), Australia is a huge space travel leader/assister with their wide open spaces, its perfect for satellite dishes.
Werner von braun = German. He came up with the idea of the solid rocket booster and the space shuttle and stuff.

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-06-10 03:47:24)

xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6351|California

klassekock wrote:

No, some Americans work like 90 work weeks, some with one job, some with two. So YOU can't complain.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6351|California

RDMC(2) wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Werner von braun = German. He came up with the idea of the solid rocket booster and the space shuttle and stuff.
Bad phrasing. Sorry. I mean to say that European is too general, too mixed. USA is one big thing, a country, while Europe is many many countries. Many different languages, monies, cultures, ethics, etc.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
Lol... people we have been through this so many times now. Stop trying to impose your will on the rest of the world and then maybe we will give you a break. And no its not jealousy. Incase you hadnt noticed nearly all European countries have a majority that dislike America, and yet they have just as good if not a better standard of living than America.

deserteagle wrote:

Do i need to go on?
lol...

Replace "America"  with other places:
1. Russia, saved our ass. The internet would still be in English. Note English. WWW invented by an ENGLISH man.
2. Nuke made by a bunch of Europeans who were pretty much taken advantage of by the US.
3. Before IBM England was FAR ahead in computer development and only mass industrialisation stopped UK companies staying there.
4. Someone like the Russians or Chinese maybe...
5. Any other country in the world. Do you seriously think only America is capable of finding vaccines?
6. Democracy was in England before America. Seriously... still run by a king? You really have no clue as to what you are talking about do you.

As to your last statement... YOU DONT SAY! Maybe that would be due to the fact that America was colonised by Europe.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6455|Boulder, CO
to state my views on this topic (a fancy start if there ever was one)
1) in the UK there's a severe shortage of housing due to the size of the country not being able to support the amount of people in it, so house prices are enormous, this is partly to do with the materials we build our houses with i.e. brick which is alot more expensive than would but the wood just wouldn't last very long in this climate so we're also limited in house size by the cost. whilst the US has wide open spaces where there's plenty of space for housing etc and the use of wood in house building instead of bricks mean that the houses can be alot bigger as its alot cheaper although its no where near as tough as a brick built house. so there's probably some slight envy over that.
2) thats pretty much all we're envious about really.
3) the UK is just as big a melting pot of cultures as the US just so you know.
4)many of the american tourists you get in the Uk are arrogant idiots which reflects badly on the nation as a whole.
5) you political systems just fuked, as large businesses have alot more power than they should have.
6)stereotypes make people think americans outside of washington and california are rednecks, which as we all no is not entirely true.
7) the first proper computer was made in bletchley park in the UK to crack german codes during world was 2.

just so you know whenever i go to america i generally meet nice people who i get on well with.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6718|Sweden

S.Lythberg wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Jealousy.

Americans enjoy a far better quality of life with far more oppourtunities to suceed, and have to put out less effort to do so.
Ever been to Sweden?

What i have seen from US you´re not even close compared to European standards.

Last edited by madmurre (2007-06-10 04:20:24)

klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6594|Sweden

xBlackPantherx wrote:

klassekock wrote:

No, some Americans work like 90 work weeks, some with one job, some with two. So YOU can't complain.
First of all. You haven't the slightest idea what i do for a living, or how
hard the average swedish people work, so hush. And i don't complain. In fact, i feel lucky to live and work here.
Second. If you americans need to work that much and have two jobs to make a living, maybe it's not that great in USA after all. Or maybe you need the same strong union we have here in Sweden to get your minimum wages up.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6351|California

madmurre wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Noobpatty wrote:

Jealousy.

Americans enjoy a far better quality of life with far more oppourtunities to suceed, and have to put out less effort to do so.
Ever been to Sweden?

What i have seen from US you´re not even close compared to European standards.
Again, heres what the whole topic is about! Generalizing the US from the like 1% of it people actually get to see.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6535|Belgium

Lol: Deserteagle:

Russia did the biggest effort, you guys only joined at the end of the war when germany was already losing, so stop saying: you would still speak german, cause I'll reply: you would still run around in your underwear if the europeans never discovered europe.
University of belgium made more vaccins than most of those in america.
Democracy was found in greece (although it was not 100% democracy, as women had no political saying). 'Still run by a king', At least we don't have a president with full military powers here, but a governement of different guys (well not all countries, but a lot of them), Seems more democratic to me.
The first "computer": founded by Charles Babbage and maybe even before them every single calculator.
Internet: maybe we would have decent standards then.
Nuke, invented by europeans, only used on 'common people' by usa
To the moon: remember that Russia was earlier in space than you guys, would be a small step to make it to the moon.

I'm not saying america sucks. It sucks in a few ways, so does europe. You don't like us telling negative things about america, but you just don't want to believe them to be true. Maybe you also only notice when people say bad things, but accept it as normal when europeans say good things about america, but you don't remember those.

And to the Threadstarter: how do you think the common people in iraq, or just the common guy who is part of the islam feels, as 85% of the americans see them as terrorist and a big group in EU too.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6323|Newcastle UK
I actually want to move to america im sick of england letting all these refugees in and not doing anything about them, One of my mates came here as a refugee fair enough him mam and dad work and have nice stuff, the ones i get pissed off at are the ones that do sod all and get benifits.

/rant.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6527|Πάϊ

usmarine2005 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

They get something like 8 weeks of vacation a year.  And still they complain that they don't get treated fairly.  One american work week would break these people.
Maybe not the week, but less vacation.  Some countries have like a month off straight?  WTF is that?
So, lemme get this straight marine... You don't like vacation? WTF is that?
ƒ³

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard