RedEyes-CAD
+1|6725|Arizona
1gb ddr400, on saturday morning it will be 2gb...and from all the people I've talked to it will be excellent.
Blankwindow
+1|6738
I have 512 on a laptop and can play any map but 64 without lag. (the exceptions to the 64 rule is wake, karkland, and shongua.) Hell I love Iron Gator on the sizes without choppers. it is so intense and fun. Especially when you get both teams duking it out in the hanger or messhall. that is some intense combat.
BudRell
+2|6851|Home
2Gb, low latency. As METALTOP wrote, you really see a difference.

Off-topic but still maybe usefull for someone :

There is one "tweak" that is worth to try if you have 256Mb on display adapter and it's AGP.
This tweak is greatly dependable on MB-manufacturer, BIOS of the MB and used software (game or other software using 3D-graphics).
Reason for this "tweak" is the difference in speed of graphics card memory and system memory and the total amount of memory that can be used for graphics.

Try different BIOS values for AGP APERTURE SIZE.
(AGP APERTURE SIZE = AAS =  amount of system memory shared with an AGP graphics card in order for it to have more memory to process textures and other visual data )

Usually there are values like 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 and 256. Depending on manufacturer there can be different DEFAULT values for AAS. I have had AAS at 128Mb as a default on two different MB:s.

I have X800XT PE (so I have 256 Mb DDR3 on display adapter) and 2Gb PC3200 memory. For this setup I can use whatever values for AAS...starting from 64Mb and ending on 256Mb. 32Mb is too low, XP makes errors randomly. 256Mb is good for SOME games (like BF2)..or is it. Usually 64Mb should be used.
Why 64Mb ?
Because 1) you do not want to spend system memory just for fun, 2) why trying to use system memory if software (OR MB BIOS !) does not support the method,  3) if you have limited system memory (1Gb or less) you will have troubles using programs if AAS is more than 64Mb, 4) numerous other reasons that can be found with Google..

Äs I wrote above, this tweak and it's result depends highly on MB,BIOS and used software. I had some boost with this tweak.

Last edited by BudRell (2005-12-15 03:02:17)

=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6809|Barrington, RI
2GB OCZ Gold series DDR500

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard