Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6351
Simple Questions as stated by the topic.

I haven´t played 2142 for three months now due to "Real-life-business" (mostly studying) .

Next week my holidays start and I was thinking about getting NS. What I would like to know now is. if it is still played often. Meaning there are servers up, with more than 5 ppl on them playing it, or at least some servers with NS maps embedded in their cycle.

The reason I´m asking is, looking at the Bf2 Boosterpacks, which I own both, after a couple of months no one was playing them any more. Is it the same with Northern Strike?
Otherwise I would refrain from buying it.

Any answers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Sisco out.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6543|Valhalla
I'm still playing NS and yes there quite a few servers still running NS. I usually play on Irishbf2142's server as they have NS and vanilla running on the same server
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6447|Brisbane, Australia

1. it is only like $10
2. yes i think so
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6680|The Real World

Buy it it's worth it.
Sambuccashake
+126|6618|Sweden
I agree with the above.

One thing though: If you can't handle vehicles and can't stand the sight of 'em, NS might not be for you.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6740|Germany, near Koblenz
For just 10 $/€ you'll get 3 new maps, 2 of them in 2 modes, 1 with a brand new dawn style, 10 awards to collect, 10 (permanent) unlocks. Get it!
Chou
+737|6799
Sounds good

Edit: 10 permanent unlocks?

Last edited by Chou (2007-06-08 07:31:34)

DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6740|Germany, near Koblenz
Without NS you can get them temporarily as squad upgrades only, that's all what I wanted to say. Really permanent unlocks are the boots and the new beacon only.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-06-08 07:50:59)

imortal
+240|6673|Austin, TX
well, you can earn up to 10 more unlocks, and they have one new unlock available in each catagory.  You can use them on whatever you want, though.  Great way to build up your favorite kit, since the unlocks are pretty easy to get.
Sisco
+493|6351
Wow, thanks for the answers guys!

I know 10 bucks don´t seem much, but I moved to another country earlier this year in order to study. And you know the thing with students, they don´t have money at all .

I read about the Unlocks and I must admit, I like to have them. And I like the vehicles in 2142 way more than I did in Bf2.

So I guess, I go and buy it. Wanted to play that since it came out, but haven´t had the chance.

Thx again for your opinions!

Sisco out.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6543|Valhalla
Your welcome
Buzerk1
+44|6844
The boots, the SL beacon upgrade and the support class unlocks are worth the 10$
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6664|UK
yes, because im worth it, i mean its worth it
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
The Hachimoto is better than you.
imortal
+240|6673|Austin, TX

Buzerk1 wrote:

The boots, the SL beacon upgrade and the support class unlocks are worth the 10$
the +1 round to the assault RPG, the engineer unlocks are pretty good too.  I will not even knock the recon extra long active camo time.
Sisco
+493|6351

imortal wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

the +1 round to the assault RPG, the engineer unlocks are pretty good too.  I will not even knock the recon extra long active camo time.
Seriously, the extra camo time isn´t really worth it, is it? The standard lenght is enough if you don´t try to take a crap around a flag without being interrupted .
Plus my ass is sneaky enough to pop vehicles so I take the APM´s or something like that instead, harhar.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard