vjs
+19|6784
Well I don't know what happened here guys...

After installing SF and the patch my BF2 in game performance has dropped. My frame rates are still good (40-60 fps) but it seems as though people are not moving through the game smoothly. Yesterday when I was playing on dragon valley it seemed as though the game would lock for split seconds as I was playing?

Machine Specs:
Barton 3200
2 Gig of ram
ATi 9800 pro 128mb
Windows XP
15K scsi drive

Initally after the install I was only playing SF it didn't seem to play as well, more lag etc. But I though the game was simply more demanding (Shadows night etc). Going back to BF2 vanillia the game play was the same as SF significantly worse than it was before the patch and SF install.

Any ideas? I defragmented, virus checked, nothing on the machine has changed as far as I know.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Yes I did use the search buttoin I want answers etc...

Turning down the video settings didn't seem to help. You still get teh hey where the F did he come from lag lag gone shot oops.
Rakasan
+7|6849|California, USA
try the omega driver for your ati
vjs
+19|6784
Is there something new about the omgea driver?
The frame rates look good constantly... I wondering if the issue simply has something to do with the recent server outages etc...

More curious if anyone else is experiencing the same.

I'll do the omega drivers however, it's worth a try and I can always go back if it worse.
Sud
+0|6760
I found the omegas extremely buggy and horrible for widescreen laptop displays, just in case you use that config
vjs
+19|6784
Well I did a couple things one of which solved my problem which one??? don't know.

First off I removed the non attached devices (or previously installed). There is a way to do this it's on tweakers, I had a butt load of previously installed devies (7-different mice? Wow, I guess so).

Second I dumped my cache files, removed the videos, disabled the ati serves, third I (defraged, updated, virus scanned, spywared, windoctored), fourth installed the omega drivers.

I didn't think any of the above was going to make a difference or work the system was pretty good and didn't really need anything undated no spyware etc...

I have a feeling it was the omega driver that did it for me. Back to smooth play.

Only issue is the smart guard is showing agp set to OFF not 4x or 8x, never noticed before, play is good so???

What the heck is up with the smart guard!!!
Opiate
+0|6738|Ontario, Canada
Surprised that 2gb of ram still gives you problems. After I upgraded my gig wasn't cutting it. Mainly because I have a 128mb card and it needs to agp texture more. I think the problem may lie in the new guns/models/textures increase the load and may not be optimized for "medium" settings .. I just swap way too much, takes maybe 5-10 mins to get fully cached and light swapping (usually get lag owned while waiting).  I also get heavy frame loss in many situations. I have a 6800 128mb agp. Hopefully they can tweak it for the next patch so that medium is 128+agp friendly again.

Last edited by Opiate (2005-12-15 11:27:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard