Gaston
+2|6233

globefish23 wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

docnutz wrote:

You cheap P.O.S, you'll never get the feel of AF with this one map!  No bombers, lil Birds and no attack helo's u nub!
Yeah, so? I get to tank without having the n00b vehicles ruining it for me.
Well, a big feature, if not the main feature in AF is the the scout heli's additional reconnaissance.
Also the muscle car and the semi truck. So you're definitely missing out something.

Other than that, I agree, you can get the spirit of AF and EF with the massive tank battles.
You CAN'T get the feeling of AF and EF(thank God!!!) with the massive plane/chopper whoreing. Belive me I am about to take my gold aviator badge on AF, so REMOVE the plane from "Tampa" map! Today I witness the usual suspects, this time seven of them waiting for this shit. There are maps for everything planewhoreing, chopperwhoreing, I/O and I have no problem with this. They could release an urban map with China vs USA, or even more map with planes or helicopters - lots of planes and helicopters, but at least once do the thing right and make a real Tank map.
Walmart32
+0|6248|Oregon, U.S.
When I was able to play Tampa it was alright but the game kept crashing to desktop everytime a round finished, and it seemed kinda glitchy
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Looks nothing like Tampa.. carry on.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
updawg
+4|6506|Texas
I like the map.  It's nice to be able to drive without a helicopter or plane bombing you out of nowhere.  I also like the open style of the map, it's something different and more than one way to reach some of the checkpoints.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6678|Colorado
Take the planes out & it would be a great tank map. Take the tanks out & it would be a fun air map. Add the two together & you have one crappy map, might as well throw in helos as well, it would at least be some distraction for the planes. It's free though! keep'em coming EA redeem yourself.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6330|Graz, Austria
I was just thinking:
Does anyone want to found a clan called "Masochist Clan" with me?
We'd be playing Highway Tampa on I/O 24/7 on our clan server then.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

globefish23 wrote:

I was just thinking:
I/O tampa??????

thats too much exercise for the poor soldiers, give them a break
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6200|Schofield Barracks
i play 2142 and there are signs that say cloak faster for the intel processer or whatever ibe seen them in bf2
unless there will be cloaker things in bf2 i dont know what teh hell tehy put taht in teh map for
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

i play 2142 and there are signs that say cloak faster for the intel processer or whatever ibe seen them in bf2
unless there will be cloaker things in bf2 i dont know what teh hell tehy put taht in teh map for
I assume many players play both
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6330|Graz, Austria

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

AFAIK, this map is going to be released for BF2 and BF2142.
My guess is that they were starting to make it for BF2142 but then thought they could release it for BF2 too, to get even more people to view the billboard ads.
Another guess is, that they haven't yet come up with the final ads that are going to be put in the BF2 version (BF2142 has interactive billboard ads). It's a beta version after all.

Go to the EA forums and post it there. It won't help in here.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6541
I like it, neat map to get my armor hours on.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6398|Southern California

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

I was trying to figure out what the hell that meant...

EXPLINATION.

TrollmeaT wrote:

Take the planes out & it would be a great tank map. Take the tanks out & it would be a fun air map. Add the two together & you have one crappy map, might as well throw in helos as well, it would at least be some distraction for the planes. It's free though! keep'em coming EA redeem yourself.
Well at least there aren't that many jets, and a TON of tanks for them to go after...still works out well for those in tanks,
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney
YAY! its elamein all over again!
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6288|Pennsyltucky

TrollmeaT wrote:

It's free though! keep'em coming EA redeem yourself.
I think that's the one thing we can all agree on.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6792|Bulgaria

Doms wrote:

YAY! its elamein all over again!
Indeed, it reminds me of El Alamein and deserts from BF1942! Great! I like this map a lot.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6333|Australia
Well, I had a game on it, so now I can voice my thoughts:

-Take out the fucking planes. Seriously. There is only one per team, but it is still unbalanced, as there is no cover on the map at all.
-Add more light transport.
-Replace the AA tanks with regular tanks (but keep the stationary AA for the transport choppers).
-Make the main bases uncaps.
-Put something between the MEC base and the first flag.

At the moment, there isn't really much to differentiate it for the other aircraft maps (road rage, daqing, etc). Have an armour-central map for once, and take out the planes.
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

-Take out the fucking planes. Seriously. There is only one per team, but it is still unbalanced, as there is no cover on the map at all.
-Replace the AA tanks with regular tanks (but keep the stationary AA for the transport choppers).

At the moment, there isn't really much to differentiate it for the other aircraft maps (road rage, daqing, etc). Have an armour-central map for once, and take out the planes.
and to add to that:

replace the mec FAV so it is NOT the chinese FAV...look at the Type-95 gun mounted on it...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6743

globefish23 wrote:

I was just thinking:
Everyone would be sniping...

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

- Agreed, remove the planes, maybe static ones such as on Iron Gator for the mood.
- Agreed!
- Replace the AA with a LAV/BTR.
- Agreed!!
- Maybe some very high sand dunes. Or an oases.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6415|Espoo, Finland
No, not main bases as uncaps. Only acceptable reason to make these uncaps would be removing jets completely.

I had a nice teamwork squad today:

https://koti.mbnet.fi/ppelaaja/hk/up_screens/bf2_0008_ht_teamwork.jpg

Captured about 30 flags on the round. Blackhawk ftw

That's a bit too much I think. We were armor whoring on the latter part of the round.

Last edited by B-Scimitar (2007-06-08 06:38:57)

zeidmaan
+234|6421|Vienna

If there ever was a map that needed Assault Lines..... too much flag hoping going on.

Anyway the idea is good but I have to say it will be much better in 2142. Tanks have zoom in 2142.
Its supposed to be a tank map, and judging by the size of it it supposed to be for long range fighting. But in BF2 due to no zoom, very poor view distance and the dusty setting of the map, you cant see properly past 150 meters not to mention over 250 meters distances. So its still just drive across the open desert and attack a flag at close range.
Im looking forward to trying out the 2142 version. It will be a great test to see which one sucks less....
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6229|Escea

The server I was on last night ended up with only ten people on eventually, but this made my lag calm down and gave ema chance to dominate the skies. I hardly ever get the oppourtunity to use jets so last night was good practice against real people and pilots who will attack you. F-18 ftw.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6764|Denmark
I have not yet tried it.. but I am downloading it now..

I see, when I search for servers that there are ranked servers running Highway Tampa.. but are they really ranked?.. just wondering since its a BETA map..
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6480|Belgium
yep theyre rankd
docnutz
+39|6765|B O S T ON area

AdamBenson wrote:

I like it, neat map to get my armor hours on.
Thats what i say!  250+ hours to go!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Replace the AA tanks with regular tanks (but keep the stationary AA for the transport choppers).
No, the mobile AA's are beasts.  They are the only thing that can keep the defending AT's down from long distance, while your tanks and troops move in on the flag.  I had the highest kill count last night with the mobile AA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard