RSierzega
+1|6209

M.O.A.B wrote:

Seeing as we're on the topic of new maps, I came up with my idea of a PLA vs USMC urban map (I've only done it in 64 to begin with). USMC have three spawn points to begin with, the Essex, the Loading Cranes and the small arty island to the east of the carrier.
The PLA start with four spawn points, one at the top of a skyscraper that would have to be made. Reached by Blackhawks or AH-1Z.
There are also two neutral points to the east to give the USMC a better foothold on the map.

As for vehicles, USMC end up in total with two Abrams tanks, five DPV's, three HMMWV's, and four LAV-25's (two of which spawn on small island)
Air vehicles include, two Blackhawks and one AH-1Z.
RIB's are also available from the carrier.

PLA end up in total with two Type 98's, five FAV's, three NJ2046's, and three WZ-551's
Air Vehicles include one Z-8 and one Z-10.
RIB's unavailable for PLA.

No mobile AA included although there would be stationary AA and AT.

[url]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3159/plaurabnmapkd7.png[/url]

I ran this up in like fifteen minutes so its not great, just a basic layout of what I'd liked to see.
I was thinking that maybe some more buildings could be added, but tell me what you think.
I like your idea, but, I had a few ideas of my own. So I hope you don't mind that Ive changed your picture some.

Ill outline the basics,

The USMC starts out with three spawn points. the Essex, the Loading Cranes, and a Destroyer. The PLA start with 3 points, the Temple, the High Rise Tower and the PLA Garrison.

Vehicle Spawns amount to:

USMC:
2 M1A2 Abrams MBTs that spawn at Loading Cranes
4 Desert Patrol Vehicles, (3 will spawn at the Loading Cranes, and 1 at the East Landing Beach, should the US take that point)
3 HMMWVs that will spawn at the Loading Cranes
2 LAV-25s that will spawn in the carrier landing bay, where the RIBs normally spawn.
3 Blackhawks will spawn on the carrier
1 AH-1Z Super Cobra will also spawn on the carrier.
RIB will be available docked to the port side of the US Destroyer.

PLA:
2 Type-89 MBTs, (1 at the Garrison, 1 at the Temple.)
5 Fast Attack Vehicles (2 at the Temple, 2 at the Garrison and 1 at High Rise Tower)
3 NJ2046s (2 at the Temple, 1 at the Garrison)
3 WZ-551s (2 at the Garrison, 1 at the High Rise Tower)
1 WZ-10 will spawn at the High Rise Tower
2 Z-8s will spawn at the Temple

So people are probably asking, whats the Destroyer for? Naval Far Support, it'll serve as the artillery for this map, instead of those boring old cannons, your Commander gets to play with a fancy Navy destroyer for his far support.

Thats pretty much the map, Ill now put the picture.

[img]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1118/plaurabnmapmyil4.png[/img]

Like I said, M.O.A.B, I hope you dont mind me modifying your picture
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
looks like a combination of dalian and oman....
but looks real fun!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

M.O.A.B wrote:

Seeing as we're on the topic of new maps, I came up with my idea of a PLA vs USMC urban map (I've only done it in 64 to begin with). USMC have three spawn points to begin with, the Essex, the Loading Cranes and the small arty island to the east of the carrier.
The PLA start with four spawn points, one at the top of a skyscraper that would have to be made. Reached by Blackhawks or AH-1Z.
There are also two neutral points to the east to give the USMC a better foothold on the map.

As for vehicles, USMC end up in total with two Abrams tanks, five DPV's, three HMMWV's, and four LAV-25's (two of which spawn on small island)
Air vehicles include, two Blackhawks and one AH-1Z.
RIB's are also available from the carrier.

PLA end up in total with two Type 98's, five FAV's, three NJ2046's, and three WZ-551's
Air Vehicles include one Z-8 and one Z-10.
RIB's unavailable for PLA.

No mobile AA included although there would be stationary AA and AT.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3159 … mapkd7.png

I ran this up in like fifteen minutes so its not great, just a basic layout of what I'd liked to see.
I was thinking that maybe some more buildings could be added, but tell me what you think.
great idea, BUT, switch "Warehouse" and "High-Rise Tower" with "Oil Tanks" and "East Landing Beach" for neutral and PLA flags, otherwise that would be such a rape
weasel_thingo
+74|6328
dont know if this has already been posted but,
i have just found out the map isnt new, it was and old map from 05 and they just put intel ad's on it and released it.
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25075
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

weasel_thingo wrote:

i have just found out the map isnt new, it was and old map from 05 and they just put intel ad's on it and released it.
yea, someone else posted that topic (or a very similar one) pages ago. seems ea always cuts corners. sponsered by intel to make a new map with their adds and what do they do? stick 'um on an old map they never released.
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6351|Iowa...

OmniDeath wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

yea, someone else posted that topic (or a very similar one) pages ago. seems ea always cuts corners. sponsered by intel to make a new map with their adds and what do they do? stick 'um on an old map they never released.
wow,amazingly EA is actually cheaper than i thought they were.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
The old Highway Tampa was probably never fully completed, and left in an alpha stage in favor of Jalalabad.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01

aj0404 wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

wow,amazingly EA is actually cheaper than i thought they were.
no real surprises there i guess...

hopefully intel raises some hell for a better quality map!

Last edited by tthf (2007-06-06 21:41:12)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

tthf wrote:

hopefully intel raises some hell for the a better quality map!
An island map in the shape of the intel logo?
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01

S.Lythberg wrote:

tthf wrote:

lols! i hope not! just hope the folks at intel know what they are doing with their $$$ get EA/Dice to make a more challenging, picturesque map..
yes, i 'm daydreaming again...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

tthf wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

tthf wrote:

lols! i hope not! just hope the folks at intel know what they are doing with their $$$ get EA/Dice to make a more challenging, picturesque map..
yes, i 'm daydreaming again...
City map: PLA invades intels R&D facility to sieze new processors to replace the aging cpu's in the type-98 auto aim systems, could have warehouses, tall buildings, and maybe some house models from the the AF maps, the muscle car would be sweet too.

I ike Tampa though, it just needs to be more balanced, since the USMC team slaughters the MEC every time (haven't seen them drop below 200 tickets yet). Lose the haze too, Saudi arabia isn't that polluted.

Last edited by S.Lythberg (2007-06-06 21:49:06)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
i would think a new forest/ jungle map is in order....

shipment of top secret military intel chips etc etc on board a ship bound for japan is wrecked somewhere on the chinese coast and USMC is offshore to recover it from plundering PLA hands..
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

tthf wrote:

i would think a new forest/ jungle map is in order....

shipment of top secret military intel chips etc etc on board a ship bound for japan is wrecked somewhere on the chinese coast and USMC is offshore to recover it from plundering PLA hands..
Nobody would play it though, remember Shongua Stalemate?  Didn't think so.

I'd be the only guy on the server finding new ways to kill myself while waiting for the server to populate
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
i like songhua actually... haha
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

tthf wrote:

Me too, but nobody runs it, since you can't get a BR of 300+ on it...

I guess were the last of the true BF2 players...
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01

S.Lythberg wrote:

tthf wrote:

Me too, but nobody runs it, since you can't get a BR of 300+ on it...

I guess were the last of the true BF2 players...
yeah its hard to find well populated servers that have a good mix of PLA maps...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

tthf wrote:

yeah its hard to find well populated servers that have a good mix of PLA maps...
Other than wake...

daqing shows up alot, but I'm not a big fan of that map.

i always thought FuShe pass had excellent scenery, but again people only care about the points...
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I like it, but like someone said, its just like an AF map.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
yeah not a big fan of wake.
daqing aint that bad imo, fushe is sweet,
very panoramic and great for driving.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
i just went around highway tampa shooting at the intel billboards and crates...
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Why is anyone complaining about it feeling like an armored fury map? Now we can get the feel of AF without having to spend $10.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

tthf wrote:

i just went around highway tampa shooting at the intel billboards and crates...
lol, I't either intel or "Dice Cream" somebody's advertising on the billboards, who cares who it is?  I see billboards every day In real life, so it makes bf2 more realistic
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
I like the map.

and i hope, that this map stays in server rotations - i am getting sick of all those karkand bitches...
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
Played it last night. Cool map! A bit empty, but...
Also, a problem - very slow updates of my points and stats from that map!! Why so??? It says I have only 20 point from last night, but I have more!! are they gone?
Not that I got any awards, but still...
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Played it last night. Cool map! A bit empty, but...
Also, a problem - very slow updates of my points and stats from that map!! Why so??? It says I have only 20 point from last night, but I have more!! are they gone?
Not that I got any awards, but still...
maybe because its still a beta?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard