Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6141
What the hell is the point of being a medic when you're in a jet 1000 feet in the air and going 400mph?
Isn't it obvious?  2 advantages:

1. You can see on the minimap where your team is dying.  So, if you see no-one is alive at a flag but there's a bunch of critically injured people, then there's obviously enemies in the area and you ought to bomb the flag (similarly, if you see a cluster of dead guys half way between flags, it probably means they've just been mowed down by armour or a chopper or something).

2. When you fly out of bounds (which inevitably happens, sometimes through choice, other times through making a mistake) you can survive longer and also heal yourself back up if you manage to make it back into the play area.
JT_001
+17|6419|Canada

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

What the hell is the point of being a medic when you're in a jet 1000 feet in the air and going 400mph?
Isn't it obvious?  2 advantages:

1. You can see on the minimap where your team is dying.  So, if you see no-one is alive at a flag but there's a bunch of critically injured people, then there's obviously enemies in the area and you ought to bomb the flag (similarly, if you see a cluster of dead guys half way between flags, it probably means they've just been mowed down by armour or a chopper or something).

2. When you fly out of bounds (which inevitably happens, sometimes through choice, other times through making a mistake) you can survive longer and also heal yourself back up if you manage to make it back into the play area.
The guide says to stay above 450m.  At that height, you can't see the icons of fallen soldiers, can you?

Also, when you're in a jet, you're either dead or alive.  There's no in between.  If you happen to fly out of bounds for a few seconds and lose some health... big deal?  You can still fly the jet, even if you have 1 bar of health.  When an enemy blows you out of the sky, it really doesn't matter if you have 100% health or 5% health.

Last edited by JT_001 (2007-07-17 09:19:11)

Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6141
Are you being purposely obtuse? 

1. Mini..map.  Look at the minimap.  Yes?  It shows injured friendlies.
2. You can survive longer and get back into play if you're a medic.  It will buy you another couple of seconds -- that can be the difference between surviving and dying and, if you do survive, your health will immediately come back meaning that you're 100% ready to go out of bounds again (as opposed to immediately dying).

I should just give up I guess.  Your 4 minutes of jet time obviously mean you are ready to impart your extensive knowledge with such a condescending tone.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6141
Btw I just tried that stratorunning technique tonight -- works as advertised.  Cheers for that.

The only problem is that if the J-10 pilot is smart he'll just follow behind you and wait for you to run out of bounds, and, since it's really hard to do this accurately while looking via the rear cam, you won't know how many missiles he has left (so he can just observe you until he's ready to fire some more ).  Definitely better than dying at the first lock, though.
Djbrown
+129|6495|Adelaide, Aussieland
very nice, i just cant agree with the way you bash the j10 and praise the f35. Yes it may make you look more pro (as if your stats didnt tell us that already ) but it borederlines a blatant lie. for the purposes of this game, where taking out enemy pilots and avoiding getting shot down yourself is #1 priority, the j10 owns all. its just a fact

very prone to ramming helos also because of lack of responsivness.  constant changes in direction will cause a pilot of a j10 to lose his targets most times.

misc: flying this jet almost feels like you've had a few drinks IMHO, I very much disllike this jet and will steal a enemy jet whenever I can.  many times youll get first kill against this jet just because the enemy j10 pilot thinks hes untouchable, you know what? you dont need lock for guns right?  use em...
Pure assumptions imo. I almost never ram helicopters, and probably 90% of the ones i accidentally have have been in the F18 or mig. And i get the feeling, reading this you assume all j10 pilots are noobs. NO good pilot will ram helicopters often, and NO good pilot thinks theyre untouchable. im sure if you were in a j10, you wouldnt think that? and good luck using the MG's to down a pilots like me, who check rear view camera every 2-3 seconds.

Last edited by Djbrown (2007-07-17 18:58:26)

wargallion
+5|6473|Sweden

JT_001 wrote:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard... what good is that going to do?  I'm not going to jump out of my jet just because I saw someone who got shot, just so I can revive them.

And like other people have said, setting your sensitivity to 10 is stupid too as you'll lose your precision control.

Stupid stupid stupid.
Is he stupid or YOU?  he told u why if u read it, its if the plane goes out of map, and being a medic then will buy you a few extra seconds to get back inside the map.
think of this" Its better to be quiet and be taken for a FOOL, then open your mouth and prove that YOU are one!!!"
wargallion
+5|6473|Sweden

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

Are you being purposely obtuse? 

1. Mini..map.  Look at the minimap.  Yes?  It shows injured friendlies.
2. You can survive longer and get back into play if you're a medic.  It will buy you another couple of seconds -- that can be the difference between surviving and dying and, if you do survive, your health will immediately come back meaning that you're 100% ready to go out of bounds again (as opposed to immediately dying).

I should just give up I guess.  Your 4 minutes of jet time obviously mean you are ready to impart your extensive knowledge with such a condescending tone.
LOL, good one dude
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6620|Gold coast, Aus.

TravisC555 wrote:

Holy cow! Almost 10000 words!

Nice guide.
what? ITS OVER 9000!!!!!

good guide, tl;dr most of it though.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6795|Barrington, RI

gene_pool wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

Nice guide.
what? ITS OVER 9000!!!!!

which is under 10,000 as he pointed out.  great guide though.

Last edited by =ST6=SewerMaster (2007-07-18 00:05:20)

Djbrown
+129|6495|Adelaide, Aussieland

=ST6=SewerMaster wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

Nice guide.
what? ITS OVER 9000!!!!!

which is under 10,000 as he pointed out.  great guide though.
I dont think you get the reference here...
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
Nice guide but it is missnamed:

Ultimate FIGHTER guide.
Flying bombers is COMPLETELY different. Different tactically. Different defensively. Just plain different.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6488
Exactly, bombers ARE very different, there is some over lap in tactics but very minimal, btw a 50 word jet guide is not a guide mind you but just a very small asortment of tips, i didnt fill this guide with fluff like the real world stats of the jets or pictures, this is bf2, real life has nothing to do with this game, if you like the guide good, if you dont then flush it and forget it, if you go up in an F-35 with the attitude that you already lost well... you in fact have already lost.  I know for a fact I am a major pain in the ass with the F-35 against J-10's, I've started playing again so if you want to see theory put into practice all are more than welcome to spectate.
BlackHawkOo
+2|6237
I always knew my trusty F35B is not completely useless
BTW, Mobb, I would love if you added me to your xfire (Don't have your's).

Last edited by BlackHawkOo (2007-08-01 16:14:30)

Overdose
+13|6113|Fort Worth, TX
AMAZING GUIDE, if i just had my laptop back ill be following everything you taught  me
Reiskis
+6|6149|Bartlett Illinois
Nice work +1 for u
Tauri1980
+1|6628
Being medic doesent always help when going out of bound. I've played on some servers where you dont heal-up when you have been out of bound
multiplying_monkey
+1|5998|Melbourne

Tauri1980 wrote:

Being medic doesent always help when going out of bound. I've played on some servers where you dont heal-up when you have been out of bound
Never heard of that before...
Tauri1980
+1|6628

multiplying_monkey wrote:

Tauri1980 wrote:

Now you have...
Whitefang
Whit3fang [30-06] Deer
+2|5995|Mississippi
nice - and long
furball
+2|5996|England
Nice guide, could be layed out better but I guess thats just the way you chose.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6647|Norway

Tauri1980 wrote:

Tauri1980 wrote:

Now you have...
That's a very rare bug which occasionally occur in the F-18 on Kubra

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-11-27 11:01:27)

Catch|Phantom
+3|6171|Norway

Fredrik wrote:

Tauri1980 wrote:

Now you have...
That's a very rare bug which occasionally occur in the F-18 on Kubra
Wrong, the Medic healing NEVER works in F18 in fact Not not Kubra, not on Fushee and certainly not on Operation Clean Sweep, nor Wake Island or Daqing. This is why flying 1v1 with Mig vs F18 is totally waste since two equal pilots always will scissor to the Out Of Bounds border, and the the F18 pilot will eighter die or be shot down because he wants to survive.

Otherwice, a very good guide which you surely have laid a lot of work into There is just one think, you seem to present the F35 as the best airplane, but you probably know that The F35 stands no chance vs. a Mig nor a F18 or a J10 Now im talking hardcore 1v1 dogfighting When it comes to teamplay i would say the Mig is  the best, closely followed by the F35. Mostly because of the effectiveness of bombing, but also the stability of the MG.
   And your "two step J10 takeout plan" would not work vs a skilled pilot, if he's in the J10. Every pilot wich basic knowledge checks his rare every other second And it's not difficult to follow a F35 in stratorun eighter, I do it all the time
TFSlott
+2|6157
All u jet pilots are keeping me away from most air maps. You are too good!!! I cannot get into a tank without getting bombed instantly. I cannot capture a flag before I get blown up. I cannot shoot u down with AA missiles because u leave my scope before my missiles catch up with u.

So I play ground trooper only moving around in light vehicles and I capture flags by going neutral, then fleeing the flag... waiting for those bombs to land, finally taking the flag.

BUT - It's so lame. All u jet pilots ruin all the air maps. U win the games if you're good. Best thing is having two good pilots on the map - one on each side. This way u spent your time chasing each other leaving some fun for all ground troopers like me, who found out very early that I'm NOT going to be a new Tom Cruise. So be it.

Relax a little. Fly your jets to Hell...
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6622|EU

Why am I reading this 6 months after it has been posted? damn

thanks man, you answered alot of questions for me
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6488
Actually, I havent been playing the game at all now for over 2 months, I moved on, hope the guide helps those of you who still play though, look for me in frontlines: fuel of war, I'll probably be going to that game the day it comes out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard