Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6568|Australia, NSW
installing this wants to patch bf2 to 1.11, but i dont want to screw up bf2 and have to reinstal the whole thing. do i install special forces and then patch 1.42 again??
Rennkasper
+27|6749|Dortmund
1. Install BF2
2. Install SF
3. Latest Patch
4. Install EF or AF or both
5. Install latest patch again
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6568|Australia, NSW
but bf2 and the latest patch are installed already, do i just >special forces>latest patch again?
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6627|Mhz

Drax wrote:

but bf2 and the latest patch are installed already, do i just >special forces>latest patch again?
Correct
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6765|Denmark

Rennkasper wrote:

1. Install BF2
2. Install SF
3. Latest Patch
you can also switch 3. and 4....:

1. Install BF2
2. Install SF (SF patches to 1.3 I believe..)
3. Install EF or AF or both
4. Latest Patch

just did that 2 weeks ago..

that way you dont need to patch twice.. and the 1.41 takes a loooong time to install if you have BF2, SF, AF and EF installed because it has to patch them all..

EDIT:.. in other words, if you install something on top of BF2 you have to patch.. some mods dont need to though

Last edited by Z-trooper (2007-06-04 05:14:08)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6716|England. Stoke

Z-trooper wrote:

Rennkasper wrote:

1. Install BF2
2. Install SF
3. Latest Patch

1. Install BF2
4. Latest Patch

that way you dont need to patch twice.. and the 1.41 takes a loooong time to install if you have BF2, SF, AF and EF installed because it has to patch them all..

EDIT:.. in other words, if you install something on top of BF2 you have to patch.. some mods dont need to though
Nah you have to patch before you install EF/AF beacuse SF does patch it up to a current enough version for them to install...
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6765|Denmark

coke wrote:

Z-trooper wrote:

Rennkasper wrote:

1. Install BF2
2. Install SF
3. Latest Patch

1. Install BF2
4. Latest Patch

Nah you have to patch before you install EF/AF beacuse SF does patch it up to a current enough version for them to install...
well, I did it a few weeks ago, and I'm fully able to play alle of the boosters/exp's installing it the way I descriped it..
chittydog
less busy
+586|6842|Kubra, Damn it!

Drax wrote:

installing this wants to patch bf2 to 1.11, but i dont want to screw up bf2 and have to reinstal the whole thing. do i install special forces and then patch 1.42 again??
ZOMG HAX!!1 Where'd you get 1.42???
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6543|Las Vegas
Patch after every Mod you install. period.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6568|Australia, NSW
i installed bf2, then special forces, then patched 1.41 and the patching failed for special forces, so i tried to boot it up anyway and i get a problem where it says there are no shader for some 'lightning' file and it wont open
=PWG=SSJbat06
+0|6454
Yeah. I have the same exact problem..

And I tried reinstalling, and all of that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard