ATG
Banned
+5,233|6553|Global Command
Amputee soldiers return to active duty.
"The mindset of our Army has changed, to the extent that we realize the importance of all our soldiers and what they can contribute to our Army. Someone who loses a limb is still a very valuable asset," said Lt. Col. Kevin Arata, a spokesman for the Army's Human Resources Command at the Pentagon.
In an about-face by the Pentagon, the military is putting many more amputees back on active duty — even back into combat, in some cases.
https://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070530/capt.3f30ca23d8494b2390a4493ed6f51861.amputee_soldiers_txeg105.jpg?x=180&y=252&sig=OfCwU_QLXosYAw742cWZCg--

It is over. Bring them home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070530/ap_ … e_soldiers

Last edited by ATG (2007-06-03 01:02:03)

Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6617|Lexington, Kentucky
o.0

What...
The...
*&(*&?

Is the US Army that desperate for fresh meat?
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6445|Melbourne, AUS
How on earth are you supposed to be in combat with 1/2 prosthetic limbs attached?
Talk about low recruitment rates jeez...
ATG
Banned
http://www.boston.com/yourlife/health/o … too_abled/

bionic army here we come...

Last edited by ATG (2007-06-03 00:58:33)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

Do they want to return?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

Most of those who return to active duty are assigned to instructor or desk jobs away from combat. Only a few — the Army doesn't keep track of exactly how many — have returned to the war zone, and only at their insistence, Arata said.

To go back into the war zone, they have to prove they can do the job without putting themselves or others at risk.

The 34-year-old from Austin, Texas, said he felt duty-bound to return after losing his right foot to a land mine in Iraq.

"It sounds ridiculous, but you feel guilty that you're back home safe," he said. "Our country is engaged in a war. I felt it was my responsibility as a leader in the Army to continue."
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
But since the start of the Iraq war, the military has begun holding on to amputees, treating them in rehab programs like the one here at Fort Sam Houston and promising to help them return to active duty if that is what they want.
This seems wrong to me on so many levels.
The fat lady sang, the goose is cooked, the bacon is burnt.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6306|Pennsyltucky

Kmarion wrote:

Do they want to return?
^^^^^ Exactly !

I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts the answer is YES.

God Bless these Heros.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

But since the start of the Iraq war, the military has begun holding on to amputees, treating them in rehab programs like the one here at Fort Sam Houston and promising to help them return to active duty if that is what they want.
This seems wrong to me on so many levels.
The fat lady sang, the goose is cooked, the bacon is burnt.
They have a tough time leaving their brethren in a war zone, no matter what the circumstances. If you asked anyone who has served in combat they would probably tell you about the bond they have. Losing a limb doesn't break that obligation in their mind. Some are even offering to stay and mentor the new guys. http://www.boston.com/news/world/middle … perienced/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
I can't speak for the troops.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

No but you can listen Or look at the facts in the article I posted above your reply.

From Cpl Chris Mason, a soldier who was killed in Iraq in November, 2006. His father posted this video today.

Chris Mason, 32, was a member of the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division. He once told his brother over the telephone that “he loved being (in Iraq) and waking up there because it was another day helping those people,” Garland Mason said.

“He talked about it a lot. He loved the people, he loved the children that would come out and hold his hand and walk with him. He loved training the Iraqi army. He had a great relationship with the Iraqis.”
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
You're right.
Bring on the gimps!

When we have to start having amputees carrying weapons, whether they like it or not, it is proof we do not have the man power to be fighting this type of war.

Where is the Patton that would flatten the cities where roadside bombs are being planted? There isn't one, so we'll send our best and brightest out in unarmored trucks and humvees to find IED's with their bodies.

It is over.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

You're right.
Bring on the gimps!

When we have to start having amputees carrying weapons, whether they like it or not, it is proof we do not have the man power to be fighting this type of war.

Where is the Patton that would flatten the cities where roadside bombs are being planted? There isn't one, so we'll send our best and brightest out in unarmored trucks and humvees to find IED's with their bodies.

It is over.
Is this just another it's over thread? I thought we were discussing the reasons these guys are returning. Your article states they must prove themselves, and that the majority of them are not assigned to combat duty. FFS we can sit here all day and say it's over, but we don't have the right to insult the opinions of the guys who are so determined to do the job that losing a leg does not break their will. Cmon ATG they see more than anything we can pull off of yahoo.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
'Fraid so.

It's over.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6740
God bless him and may he rest in peace...  He fought to keep the US and the world safe... and to give the right to everyone... including the fucktards... to have the freedom of speech and to live the American way of life...
Love is the answer
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6699|Canberra, AUS

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

God bless him and may he rest in peace...  He fought to keep the US and the world safe... and to give the right to everyone... including the fucktards... to have the freedom of speech and to live the American way of life...
Oh, pretty words. But they don't cut anything with me, I'm afraid.

Show me a right or ability or freedom that the War on Terror has given me. Go on.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned

Spark wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Show me a right or ability or freedom that the War on Terror has given me. Go on.
If you are an American you have a right to your share of the national debt.
Enjoy.

Last edited by ATG (2007-06-03 01:44:35)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

'Fraid so.

It's over.
k.. if this is the extent of this then whoppee. I agree.

However, amputees and their desire to serve was not the "sign". We have won wars before while allowing them to continue to serve.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
+874|6699|Canberra, AUS

ATG wrote:

Spark wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

If you are an American you have a right to your share of the national debt.
Enjoy.
Huzzah! More WoT for me!

I think that's a pretty good indicator of what it actually has given us - a helluva lot of debt. And corpses. And empty magazines. But that's about it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

'Fraid so.

It's over.

However, amputees and their desire to serve was not the "sign". We have won wars before while allowing them to continue to serve.
Sorry to disappoint you.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

'Fraid so.

It's over.

Sorry to disappoint you.
I'll live.

I vary my sources.
http://www.mnf-iraq.com/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
Christ, what is it 6 AM there?

Don't you sleep?
Spark
+874|6699|Canberra, AUS

ATG wrote:

Don't you sleep?
Isn't it 4am for you?

Or is it 8am?
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Don't you sleep?
5... why sleep now. I thought you would have known about my insomnia by now..lol

Actually I have been on a normal schedule lately until now
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard