shadowkila
+26|6425|Canada
http://money.canoe.ca/News/Economy/2007 … 26537.html

Our money is going to be better then yours soon!

"The Canadian dollar will be worth as much as the greenback by the end of this year"
I guess you'll be seeing me shopping in your country more often.

Last edited by shadowkila (2007-06-01 10:30:12)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England
*cough* pound sterling *cough*

Bye now.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6647|949

Diversify yo' bonds!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Enjoy the inflation..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6582|NYC / Hamburg

Kmarion wrote:

Enjoy the inflation..lol
even better. Enjoy having a harder time exporting to the US. Weak currencies FTW!
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6377|Vancouver
No, it is definitely not a good thing for our currency to be at such levels, particularly at a rapid pace like we are experiencing. There is also financial implications, especially in our tourist industry (think Americans). Of course. 62 cents to their dollar wasn't healthy either.

Of course, these tourists will only hurt themselves by not visiting the greatest city in the world, Vancouver.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6665|Keyboard

Drakef wrote:

No, it is definitely not a good thing for our currency to be at such levels, particularly at a rapid pace like we are experiencing. There is also financial implications, especially in our tourist industry (think Americans). Of course. 62 cents to their dollar wasn't healthy either.

Of course, these tourists will only hurt themselves by not visiting the greatest city in the world, Vancouver.
Congrats to you and your city .
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6544|Global Command
I only have one question;
will Rush concert tickets cost me more or less when it happens?
dubbs
+105|6647|Lexington, KY
That is what happens when you outsource all of the work in your country.  The US will have very little economy power soon.
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6561
We don't take money for Rush tickets. You can only pay in AWESOME!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum
UK stirling anyone?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6563|San Diego, CA, USA
Wait...I thought we were going to annex all the other territories when Quebec leaves?
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6552|Chicago
Maybe you will, but what's the benefit? The only things you can buy in Canada are maple syrup and milk in a bag.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6570
How far can the dollar drop without something extreme happening? If I was an oil-exporting nation I'd be trading in € or £ for sure.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-06-02 07:32:10)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6369
makes you feel like a Real State now huh ?   oh wait.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

How far can the dollar drop without something extreme happening? If I was an oil-exporting nation I'd be trading in € or £ for sure.
It will happen. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because of the Saudis.

You've gotta remember the US is the biggest importer in the world. All foreign (except Chinese) products will become very expensive in the US. Something US consumers will not like.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum

CameronPoe wrote:

Good point, and quite a lot more trade now happens using Stirling or Euro, over the dollar
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jarhedch
+12|6685|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st
the dollar rises and falls, just liek everything else, the dollar was weaker in the mid 90s than it is now, and it will regain strnegth. just like a free market economy, things runs in cycles.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

fatherted13 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Good point, and quite a lot more trade now happens using Stirling or Euro, over the dollar
Which compounds the problem.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum

Bertster7 wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Which compounds the problem.
True, its good for business over here, but i guess it isnt really helping theircurrency out much. Any solutions that you could think of?

Edit- Noticed you were from England.

Last edited by fatherted13 (2007-06-02 08:17:48)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

jarhedch wrote:

the dollar rises and falls, just liek everything else, the dollar was weaker in the mid 90s than it is now, and it will regain strnegth. just like a free market economy, things runs in cycles.
Yeah, for about two weeks in '92. 25/08/92 - 09/09/92.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6420|North Carolina

shadowkila wrote:

http://money.canoe.ca/News/Economy/2007/06/01/4226537.html

Our money is going to be better then yours soon!

"The Canadian dollar will be worth as much as the greenback by the end of this year"
I guess you'll be seeing me shopping in your country more often.
Canada FTW
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

Bertster7 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

It will happen. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because of the Saudis.

You've gotta remember the US is the biggest importer in the world. All foreign (except Chinese) products will become very expensive in the US. Something US consumers will not like.
Every time the dollar drops the Chinese cut the yuan as well, or at least they try (1 Chinese yuan = 0.13078 U.S. dollars). They can't have the debt start swinging in the other direction now can they? If it's cheaper to use domestic products the deficit goes down . When I hear about US unfair trade practices I laugh. Over the last few years the US has tried to be more inclusive (They are finally looking at long term goals). The Chinese are doing the opposite, and it's a rookie mistake. They are hating the fact the yuan is starting to appreciate.

Here is a good article I read a couple of days ago if you guys are interested. It provides a nice perspective. http://usmarket.seekingalpha.com/article/36606
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6471|The edge of sanity
US needs to export like it use to in the industrial age. Then our currency > than all currency
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6420|North Carolina

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

US needs to export like it use to in the industrial age. Then our currency > than all currency
You do realize that you want your currency value to be down when you export, so that other nations can buy your goods cheaper that way.

It's funny that you mention that though....  If the dollar falls enough over time, we may see a resurgence of manufacturing here, since our standard of living would fall as well.  We'd slowly become cheap labor in our own right....

Last edited by Turquoise (2007-06-02 22:38:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard