sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina
What would the World look like?
How do you imagine today borders?
Would Stalin have invaded all Europe?
Would Europe be Communist?
Would WWII have taken place?  If so, why and when?  Mention the main forces taking part of it.
How do you imagine the ME?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-31 05:59:56)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6775|Dallas
Europe would not be unified and peaceful.

America would not be a superpower.

Most of Europe would probably be Communist.

There would be a lot more people in the world.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Cougar wrote:

More or less accurate. Communism would have reigned by default not because of Stalin though. Republican Spain would have defeated Franco if not for Hitler. That would have triggered a domino effect across Europe.

One thing though: this would only be the outcome if Germany was one of those dominos, which they very well could have been had it not been for Hitler.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-05-31 06:12:13)

Rennkasper
+27|6753|Dortmund
Germany would have had a communist leader who had invaded europe and started WWII and killed at least a many people as Hitler did, and his ally would have been Stalin.There would only be a German-Russian Super Power after the war with a defeated america.

Last edited by Rennkasper (2007-05-31 06:12:38)

Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6657|Peoria
That counter-factual is way too dynamic to to even bother with. You have to make your counter-factuals more reasonable.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6538|Belgium

well, play Red Alert and you know what will happen ^^
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

more homosexuality
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6474|Tyne & Wear, England
Neither me, you nor him, would even exist.  We would have been replaced by other humans.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6530|Adelaide, South Australia

De_Jappe wrote:

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6537|Milkystania, yurop

jsnipy wrote:

more homosexuality
wow just wow...................
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

Magpie wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

more homosexuality
wow just wow...................
I don't play Wow.
But I meant "more" as in it would have been more profound, homosexuals were persecuted just like the Jews. Perhaps there would have been a homosexual Renaissance prior to the 60s/70s.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-31 06:59:54)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6579|Mountains of NC

we would not have the medal of honor or COD series
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
PureFodder
+225|6296
My guess would be pretty much the same as what happened with him there, just with someone else taking his place. Who knows, possibly someone sensible enough not to invade Russia.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572

CameronPoe wrote:

Cougar wrote:

More or less accurate. Communism would have reigned by default not because of Stalin though. Republican Spain would have defeated Franco if not for Hitler. That would have triggered a domino effect across Europe.

One thing though: this would only be the outcome if Germany was one of those dominos, which they very well could have been had it not been for Hitler.
Actually, Germany probably would have turned Communist before Spain.  The pro-nationalist alliance, united under the Nazis and backed by the brown-coats, was the only force strong enough to go toe-to-toe with the Communists.
doxy
+74|6801|Nevis
it might be possible, history wouldn't be changed, but history has a lot of patience, if someone doesn't invent it, there would be another one who will do. e.g. Galileo and Copernicus, both had to fight church world order, the round earth against the dish theory.
My two cents:
Germany existed under the treaty of Versailles after WWI, it was never a question of why this could happen, more when will someone stand up against this treatment. the side-effects, which came with Hitler(holocaust, Euthanasia, cyclon B) were some of the worst actions, someone took against humanity. it's my pov today, as someone who never lived through that period of history, but if you take a look back, at the geopolitical situation 80 to 70 years ago, you will recognize, that a whole bunch countries (e.g. italy, spain, us, russia) took serious actions against all kinds of ethnic groups. even the Portuguese traveled 1500 miles to the Netherlands to slaughter some hundred priests.

Post Scriptum
i love the Autobahn!
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6557
I think without Hitler the situation in Germany, specifically Weimar, would have collapsed into a civil war. It would  probably have severely split the country and even led to places like Bavaria breaking away. It would be a long a bloody civil war but the communists would lose because they didn't have the army and a fascist government would come to power. It is also very likely that the German fascists would have recieved help from England and Italy to win. I say this because the fear of communism was much greater than the fear of Fascism. Fascism really didn't put the fear into people until Hitler.

Poland still dies. You just can't fix that no matter how many times you go back and stab Hitler.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572
Germany was in a state of war for a period.  Further, there was support for Communism in the military, which is why the Freikorps was created.
{USMC}Louis
+9|6192|Santa Rosa, California
The Holocost would never have happened and alot more Jews would still be alive or atleast their families..Poland would probably be alot better off
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

This is so easy, guys...

kthx

Rennkasper wrote:

Germany would have had a communist leader who had invaded europe and started WWII and killed at least a many people as Hitler did, and his ally would have been Stalin.There would only be a German-Russian Super Power after the war with a defeated america.
Wishful thinking. The production capacity of the US was immense. If they developed the nuke first, perhaps, but they wouldn't have enjoyed trying to run us.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-05-31 09:47:39)

Lisik
+74|6511|Israel
Israel population could be 13 millions and not 7.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6695|West Yorkshire, U.K
Germany would have gone bad either way, look at Alfred von schlieffen
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

De_Jappe wrote:

Yep, plus Israel probably wouldn't exist at all and most ME conflicts wouldn't have existed.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina

Lisik wrote:

And where would Israel be?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6820|Nårvei

sergeriver wrote:

Lisik wrote:

And where would Israel be?
All over the place and the Palenstines would have had a country looking like it did in 47, so in the aftermath of WW2 Hitler is actually responsible for the creation of the state of Israel .... kinda
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
doxy
+74|6801|Nevis

Arcano-D.E.S wrote:

I think without Hitler the situation in Germany, specifically Weimar, would have collapsed into a civil war. It would  probably have severely split the country and even led to places like Bavaria breaking away. It would be a long a bloody civil war but the communists would lose because they didn't have the army and a fascist government would come to power. It is also very likely that the German fascists would have recieved help from England and Italy to win. I say this because the fear of communism was much greater than the fear of Fascism. Fascism really didn't put the fear into people until Hitler.
i don't think the germans would have fought against themselves in a civil war, first, they had no weapons, second, they came out of war, it took hitler three years to build his army, and the moral for war, he, and his folks, needed. the germans waited for someone that showed the way to unity.
no one is interested in politics, if they know there is SOMEONE (one single person, the individual believes in) is in charge, and leads his country. this simple fact worked fine, and still does.

{USMC}Louis wrote:

The Holocost would never have happened and alot more Jews would still be alive or atleast their families..
watch the jewish diaspora, true 6 ooo ooo jews were killed and many thousand families were extinguished by hitlers genocide, but he wasn't the only one, as far, as i remember, the population of israel was even forced to leave their country, some thousand years ago. i think the diaspora started 600 BCE.

{USMC}Louis wrote:

Poland would probably be alot better off
i don't think so....
poland was the years before WWII a very ununified country, the parties were in controversy positions to the country itself, how to handle it after the monarchy and the treatment of versailles. besides they started a war against czechoslovakia. war was a common, political, solution to many problems, that days.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard