ab2dzeus
+0|6729
I think the throwing C4 thing is getting as bad as the noob tubes. Any retard can throw a C4 brick out and rack up the points. The point of the C4 is to be an intelligent player and use the C4 wisely not use it like a noob tube shotgun. I mean really can we get back to guns for gods sake? In closing here I just think the C4 should have to be placed not thrown....at all...period. I got my C4 from running up to tanks and hiding them on roads and flags so I know it can be done as intended.

Before anyone flames this: throwing the C4 is not a valid tactic if you are throwing it repeatedly like horseshoes and you know it....so don't go there.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

I agree. The C4 has tape on it for a reason. It is to be placed on a target and detonated at an appropriate time. Throwing and exploding is fucking queer man.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ace_X
+0|6702

ab2dzeus wrote:

I think the throwing C4 thing is getting as bad as the noob tubes. Any retard can throw a C4 brick out and rack up the points. The point of the C4 is to be an intelligent player and use the C4 wisely not use it like a noob tube shotgun. I mean really can we get back to guns for gods sake? In closing here I just think the C4 should have to be placed not thrown....at all...period. I got my C4 from running up to tanks and hiding them on roads and flags so I know it can be done as intended.
I agree that throwing C4 at troops is one of the bigger problems in BF2 today but making it so you have to place it on something is just stupid.  Countless times I have been trapped on a roof with a tank below me raping the hell out of my team and the only thing that saved us is me throwing a brick of C4 off the roof onto the tank.  There is just no concieveable way to make it so that people don't throw C4 into a crowd of troops. 

When you realize that people can only throw a C4 brick about 15 meters, you should have shot the guy to death before he got to toss it anyway.
Jodah3
+1|6731
This may very well be fixed with the new patch if the "no longer able to shoot while jumping" applies to C4 and not just guns.  Tyferra would have no worries as doing this would not hinder the ability to drop C4 and detonate from a roof, it just prohibits people from tossing them out like grenades.
Freezer
+4|6701
Yeah in SF I have dropped C4 on tanks from buildings when they are tring to cap flags in Ghost Town I would have been blow the hell up if I jumped off whipped out the C4 stuck it on the APC and Tank then pressing the button.. Im sure the two people I killed that way are still wondering where the hell the C4 came from..  and I still don't have my damn badge yet..

Also they should make it so engineers can remove c4 and mines from areas, of course it should take them a little bit of work to pop those things off..

Last edited by Freezer (2005-12-21 14:17:37)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6695
That is a sort of good idea 50/50
Pros:
No more n00bs throwing C4 over fences and blowing you sky-high.
A little more realistic.

Cons:
IMPOSSIBLE to get the badges (As if they aren't hard enough already)
It would detract from the faced paced gameplay Dice have engineered BF2 to be! Notice no weapons at all have to/can be deployed? Also notice how the TOW or other missiles are re-loaded extremely fast? That's all to do with the gameplay they wanted.

It's like Halo 2 compared with Halo 1. Halo 1 had life, so you could drag the levels out. Halo 2 no life so it's run around avoiding getting hit while kicking alien butt.

Though good idea.
Tarasque
+0|6711|Norway
engies can remove AV mines with the wrench.
nexus3372
+1|6773
c4 throwing is a tactic--use it and abuse it, too bad u cant do it or get killed otherwise
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland
Shouldn't this be in the whine forum?
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6703|Groningen / Netherlands
C4 needs to have a timer for like 10 sec or something aswell
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6677|Espoo, Finland

RonnY[NL] wrote:

C4 needs to have a timer for like 10 sec or something aswell
Lol, you survive 10 seconds after you have planted C4 on a tank!
Most if not all ideas here are so damn stupid I'm almost laughing at them.
Just another whine thread....
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6741|Mark it zero.
the person throwing c4 has no gun out and cant shoot you for atleast a second or more, so just shoot the hell out of him. in the amount of time it takes to throw the c4 then detonate it you could have easily killed him. unless if you suck.
FromTheAshes
+53|6697

Kamikaze17 wrote:

the person throwing c4 has no gun out and cant shoot you for atleast a second or more, so just shoot the hell out of him. in the amount of time it takes to throw the c4 then detonate it you could have easily killed him. unless if you suck.
If they're abusing the c4, they're bunny hopping/dolphin diving.

Do you know how hard it is to hit them?

I've done it before with the noob tube on karkand. I just jumped into the middle of enemies and hopped my ass off firing the noob tube as soon as it reloaded, then i capped the flag with my m8s, not dieing. Of course i got cussed out after that but hey, I was 6 trupaled teamed
shspunkrockr
+0|6745
I think placing C4 in this should be somewhat like it is in CS, where you actually have to set it and shit like that. That's just my opinion, cause I'm tired of people throwing the C4 over fences and shit like that. It's pretty homo.
countorange
+0|6623
I think that C4 should be able to be thrown, but that it should bounce/roll around before sticking because no one can throw it perfectly to stick but people can throw C4.  You should all quit whining anyway cause the new noob explosive is the claymore,  .. so STFU!!!!
risson
+17|6760|Wisconsin
I miss being able to throw C4 .. just to be able to get it in the middle of the road or close to some of these tank whores.  Now you get to sit on the side and hide from the tank and try to get close.

RiSSoN
[TFT]Hostage
Never fear, I is here
+11|6546

Tyferra wrote:

I agree. The C4 has tape on it for a reason. It is to be placed on a target and detonated at an appropriate time. Throwing and exploding is fucking queer man.
True, the only thing you can throw thats close to C4 are satchel charges.
xbrandomx
+9|6642
I think that spec-ops should be able to pickup the C4- same as engineer.  I have no problem placing it.  I just want to pick it up when I enter a room and notice that its EVERYWHERE.  And that the guy thinking he's a smart ass for placing it so i can see it doesn't get his kills.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6478|England
I love throwing c4 its cool, its good that you get kill a hole bunch of dudes without using bullets!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard