usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_ … 2008_trail

"But Richardson, the governor of New Mexico, and Dodd, a senator from Connecticut, have been under pressure to shun the debate from liberal groups who say Fox is biased against Democrats."

This is where you debate you idiots.  Try and change the mind of the other side.  WTF is wrong with these people?  My goodness, ask me again why I do not vote.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6667|Sea to globally-cooled sea
if you do not vote, why voice an opinion?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

G3|Genius wrote:

I want a reason to vote.  I do not vote just to vote.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-05-30 19:10:17)

iamangry
+59|6686|The United States of America
You have a reason to vote.  You vote because it is through voting that you exert your political force.  You are a marine.  I suppose you've been to Iraq or Afghanistan.  I would expect you to know better than anyone else on this forum why you should vote, why you NEED to vote.  You have gone over to other countries, countries where voting isn't taken for granted; where voting is a dream, a whisper in an ear, but hardly a reality.  Why do those people want to vote?  It is through voting that the people have power.  Those people vote because it is through voting that you do your part to steer the direction you want your country to move in.  There is no such thing as voting just to vote because a vote is the only time you express your opinion and it actually effects the world around you.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6602
I find it funny how usmarine goes on and on about disrespecting those who lost their lives for freedom and democracy and then doesn't vote..................

I also find it funny that he can't see why the Democrats should skip the debate given the treatment of people who disagree with Fox on previous broadcasts....................
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6589|San Diego, CA, USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

I want a reason to vote.  I do not vote just to vote.
You have the right not to vote...but I think he maybe saying why bitch if what you didn't vote doesn't agree with your political leanings?
iamangry
+59|6686|The United States of America

Bubbalo wrote:

I find it funny how usmarine goes on and on about disrespecting those who lost their lives for freedom and democracy and then doesn't vote..................

I also find it funny that he can't see why the Democrats should skip the debate given the treatment of people who disagree with Fox on previous broadcasts....................
They're politicians, and politicians do not like to actually answer questions.  Fox got up in the republican's faces about this, and the democrats just don't want to jump off the same cliff the republicans did.

Last edited by iamangry (2007-05-30 23:32:54)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6331|Éire

iamangry wrote:

You have a reason to vote.  You vote because it is through voting that you exert your political force.  You are a marine.  I suppose you've been to Iraq or Afghanistan.  I would expect you to know better than anyone else on this forum why you should vote, why you NEED to vote.  You have gone over to other countries, countries where voting isn't taken for granted; where voting is a dream, a whisper in an ear, but hardly a reality.  Why do those people want to vote?  It is through voting that the people have power.  Those people vote because it is through voting that you do your part to steer the direction you want your country to move in.  There is no such thing as voting just to vote because a vote is the only time you express your opinion and it actually effects the world around you.
I agree, I gave out to my flatmate for going on the beer all day instead of voting last week. We should all be appreciative of the right to vote and there is no point griping about politics if you don't even show up at the polling station on election day.

On the whole issue of FOX news, I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to go on that 'news' station either. There's plenty of other public forums for political debate without having to go on that worthless station.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6483|SoCal

Braddock wrote:

On the whole issue of FOX news, I wouldn't be in any kind of rush to go on that 'news' station either. There's plenty of other public forums for political debate without having to go on that worthless station.
Almost every other news network shows liberal bias.  FOX is the one network that forces Democrats to catch, rather than pitch.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6331|Éire

geNius wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Almost every other news network shows liberal bias.  FOX is the one network that forces Democrats to catch, rather than pitch.
I won't argue with you that other stations show liberal bias but I have to say in my opinion (being as objective as possible) FOX is by far the worst in terms of how it puts its own spin on everything. Even Sky News, the UK sister station of FOX, is nowhere near as bad as FOX and Sky news has been getting very bad lately.

All news stations suck, they should be objective and not biased towards any side.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

Bubbalo wrote:

#1 - I vote in local elections all the time.  I have not voted for a President yet.

#2 - You are talking about FOX ENTERTAINMENT talk shows.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_el_pr/on_the2008_trail

"But Richardson, the governor of New Mexico, and Dodd, a senator from Connecticut, have been under pressure to shun the debate from liberal groups who say Fox is biased against Democrats."

This is where you debate you idiots.  Try and change the mind of the other side.  WTF is wrong with these people?  My goodness, ask me again why I do not vote.
If you don't vote, your opinion doesn't matter.  If your opinion doesn't matter, why do you bother.  If you shouldn't bother, you shouldn't post.  If you shouldn't post, and you are anyways, you are wrong.

You're wrong again Mr. Devil Dog.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

Cougar wrote:

I want to vote for a president............
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

I want to vote for a president too...............
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Let me know when you find one then.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Let me know when you find one then.
I did.  I doubt however, that he will make it past the primaries.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

Cougar wrote:

So, if he doesn't you will not vote?

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-05-31 05:30:27)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

If Paul doesn't make it, I will probably vote for Romney.  I don't like Romney but in comparison to the others, he's the least awful.  I thought I would vote Democrat but Hillary is maniacal on her Anti-Gun stance and Obama....well, he lacks experience and is only a gimmick candidate as far as I'm concerned.
buttersIRL
+17|6638

iamangry wrote:

I suppose you've been to Iraq or Afghanistan.  I would expect you to know better than anyone else on this forum why you should vote, why you NEED to vote.  You have gone over to other countries, countries where voting isn't taken for granted; where voting is a dream, a whisper in an ear, but hardly a reality.  Why do those people want to vote?  It is through voting that the people have power.  Those people vote because it is through voting that you do your part to steer the direction you want your country to move in.  There is no such thing as voting just to vote because a vote is the only time you express your opinion and it actually effects the world around you.
eh..didn't america bring voting to these 2 countries ?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6331|Éire

buttersIRL wrote:

iamangry wrote:

I suppose you've been to Iraq or Afghanistan.  I would expect you to know better than anyone else on this forum why you should vote, why you NEED to vote.  You have gone over to other countries, countries where voting isn't taken for granted; where voting is a dream, a whisper in an ear, but hardly a reality.  Why do those people want to vote?  It is through voting that the people have power.  Those people vote because it is through voting that you do your part to steer the direction you want your country to move in.  There is no such thing as voting just to vote because a vote is the only time you express your opinion and it actually effects the world around you.
I think that was his point.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

Braddock wrote:

buttersIRL wrote:

iamangry wrote:

I think that was his point.
Some people just don't pay attention.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6743
You fool. A vote is against the government or with it.

If you do not vote then you're not saying to the government that you'd rather vote for someone else.

People died just to get to cross a piece of paper.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6805|Dallas

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

If you do not vote then you're not saying to the government that you'd rather vote for someone else.

The same people also died to give him the choice not to cross that piece of paper.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6331|Éire

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

Exactly, I made a point of going out to vote in our elections last week. I didn't feel strongly drawn to any one candidate or party but I assessed what was on the table and worked out what I thought best suited my demands and needs from my country. I thought about how I debate on this forum quite frequently and how I'd be a hypocrite to not go out and do something that will actually affect the political landscape around me. Now I feel fully entitled to bitch and moan about our leaders until the next election comes around!
HeimdalX
+37|6691

Cougar wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

If Paul doesn't make it, I will probably vote for Romney.  I don't like Romney but in comparison to the others, he's the least awful.  I thought I would vote Democrat but Hillary is maniacal on her Anti-Gun stance and Obama....well, he lacks experience and is only a gimmick candidate as far as I'm concerned.
Hell I'd vote for Paul over any democrat, and I'm a fucking democrat. He's the only guy talking any sense and hes getting censored by both sides, it's really sad.

As the way things are now, if its Obama or Hillary vs any republican, the republican is getting my vote unless its Giuliani. I will more than not likely even vote if that is the case, unless its against Giuliani.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard