Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644
Often people get really pissed off when I shoot them out of a jet with an M95. They think that somehow, they got it fairly. They think that somehow, there should be no discussion as to it being their vehicle.

Let's take it slowly here.

You're at a shop. You want to buy a few things, so you go to the cash desk. What do you do? do you all huddle up around the counter all shouting "PICK ME!"? no, you don't. you stand in line. You have common sense.

You're playing golf. It's a busy day, and you have to wait for people to finish before you can move on to the next hole. There is another guy in front of you waiting for the people currently playing the hole to finish. After a few minutes, they're done. What were you doing? standing next to the guy, ready to pounce onto the start of the course the moment the other players leave? no, you were waiting behind the guy, so he can have his turn.

You're playing Battlefield 2. A guy is waiting for a jet. The tag above his head reads "SargeV1.4". You do not say anything, you do not attempt to communicate, you just run straight towards where he's standing, block him, and ram e hoping you'll get it. By luck, you get the jet. You're about to take off, when you suddenly die. At the top of the screen is the message "SargeV1.4 [TeamKills] You". You get angry. you finally have the decency to say something, even if it's barely legible crap. You spend the rest of your round teamkilling him. And yet somehow you think that you're completely right in your actions and that SargeV1.4 is an asshole.

I have happily been teamkilling people for jets for almost a year now. Those brave few that have dared strike up a conversation quickly came to an agreement with me, and we both had our fun. The majority that decided that talking to others is a blasphemy and that standing around waiting to get lucky is good, got a .50 bullet in their head.

I try to be nice. I join people's squads. I talk to them. I never get a response. In fact, they don't even seem to realise that other people are attempting to communicate with them.

Unfortunately these brainless zombies are only the beginning. There are several more kinds of morons. The worst has to be, without a doubt, the ones that will settle for getting any vehicle and will do anything to get it. They stand around on carriers and airfields, actually looking for players that are waiting for vehicles. If they spot one, they will then try to take the vehicle for themselves instead. They do not care what vehicle they get, as long as they get it. These players are usually the worst in terms of skill as well.
There is another type of player that sometimes also is included in the spotters mentioned above: the blockers. These people will stand in front of you and push you, hoping to increase their chances obtaining of temporary power before dieing. If you get the vehicle, they will stand in front of/on top of it with a vengeance, hoping that the prospect of running some random idiot over is enough to make you get out.

"every action has a consequence." This saying is appropriate for me teamkilling people in Battlefield 2 - A lack of communication and decency will cause me to teamkill you for your inappropriate behaviour. I'm really quite nice, if you'd just have the common sense to take a few seconds out to talk.

My guidelines vary per map, too. For instance, on maps like Kubra Dam, Gulf of Oman, and OCS I will happily give players a chance to fly without much trouble. If they're waiting for it, it's their jet. They are, after all, dogfighting maps. However, you have absolutely no business taking the F35 on wake if you re going to get yourself shot down straight away. The previously mentioned maps are great for learning how to fly. Maps where you don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of shooting an enemy down is not a way to learn how to fly. As such, I will not stand for players that repeatedly come back to the airfield to get, what is to them, a flying coffin. Expect M95 action.

So, next time you're trying to take a vehicle from a teammate, and he team kills you, don't whine. Shut up, and have some common sense. If you have any arguments against this, please re-read the thread up to this point.

If you've managed to realise that having an e-fest is reason enough to be teamkilled, then I have one more thing to say to you:

A chopper with one player in it is NOT an invite for you to join him. Any pilot that is genuinely interested in you will wait for you to get in. However, if he turns the chopper away from you and repeatedly spams no, why do you get in? If he asks you to get out, you get the fuck out. If two people want to pilot a chopper together, you get the fuck out. Don't cry about being redzoned if the pilot actually asked you to get out because he wants to solo. Of course, if he didn't, he's at fault. If he did, and you decided to stay in, you deserve nothing more than a one way trip to the border of the map.

Oh, and a final piece of advice - as FF off servers are becoming an increasingly popular phenomenon, I've had to find a different way to teamkill people. This trick only works in hangars, but its the best I can do: place 5 packs of C4 at your retarded teammates feet, and detonate. They will laugh thinking that FF is off. As they crash into the ceiling, then the floor, and die, without you even being officially responsible, you can fly off laughing yourself.

you are not the centre of the universe. The players you see ingame are other people, that are capable of talking. Just like you. So do it. And don't cry about being M95'd.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2007-05-30 08:27:32)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ssandstorm
+73|6726|Perth, Western Australia
Good job writing an entire essay justifying teamkilling and preventing others from using a chopper. If being teamkilled for vehicles isn't bad, how do you react or feel when it happens to you?
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6344|uk

You argument holds no case, but i somewhat agree with you.
Barrakuda777
+86|6728|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
All the above, and the TK's that ensue are why I play IO.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6521|Belgium
So, you have the right to steal some else's jet because youre the one "trying to be nice"?

Can i have your jet if i ask you nicely?
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6711|Scotland
good argument, by I only TK for vehicles if rank <Sergeant Major

Edit: considering I'm a 2ndL lol

Last edited by [E.F.L]Airwolf (2007-05-30 08:46:37)

DooM
+28|6298
Yah I agree what pisses me off is noobs think its okay to tk for helis and jets just because they want them not because their actually going to be an asset to the team. I get teamkilled everytime I play on a vehicle server such as Gulf etc. Kubra tends to be low on the teamkilling for me though, Gulf is a big one don't even go there with Wake thats why I don't bother playing on that map.

But what the fuck is with people. Oh yeah don't bother trying to communicate, waste of time. When I enter a pub server I won't even bother saying anything might as well type to a brick wall.

Honestly BF2 is plauged with dickheads, If I see a good player hop in the Jet, for example you then I wouldn't tk them as their actually going to benefit the team. Actually on my last round I was standing at the side commanding and I saw two 3 star generals waiting on the tank, the first guy tks the other guy so I went and tk'd him. I command quite a bit and I have to put up with this idiotic shit constantly. On sharqi on MEC side im commanding and in the first 5 minutes 3 people had over -10 because they kept sniping each other out of the MI-28 then the AH-1Z came raping. I can accept if its say a clan wanting fly (thats good) or someone who is good and getting rid of a shitty flyer so be it but its stupid constantly tking people out.

Oh yeah even though Sarge might tk over and over for the Jet (with or without good cause) I don't actually blame him, the amount of shit good players have to put up with, dickheads ramming buggies into you, tking you, srawing you. Im surprised he doesn't massacre the whole team on a daily basis. I get it every round I play for no reason I do nothing to call for it.

Last edited by DooM (2007-05-30 08:49:13)

Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6259|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
I'm British, I queue all day anyway. I play games for escapism, why would I want to play a game to queue?

That aside, I do the same, but with C4!
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6649|California
Stores and Golf coures have rulz... you wait for your turn...

BF2 has no waiting lines... that's just dumb..

Just curious... were you crying when u wrote this?

I'll take vehicles from u all day... go ahead and teamkill me...

It's your stats not mine...
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6687|UK
Theres nothing wrong with team killing as long as no one does it to me.

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Samtheman53 wrote:

Theres nothing wrong with team killing as long as no one does it to me, or Surgeon.

fixedeypoo
baggs
+732|6196
SargeV1.4 = correctism
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6348|the Great British Queendom :)
Maybe it's the fact that I am English or just plain sensible, but if I see some one waiting for a vechile I will walk away and let them have it, they are more than likely better than me anyways! If not they get shot down very quickly making the wait worth while!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644

iPoon.be wrote:

So, you have the right to steal some else's jet because youre the one "trying to be nice"?

Can i have your jet if i ask you nicely?
volgens mij leer je tijdens je educatie wat "drogredenen" zijn. Daar moet jij blijkbaar nog iets over leren.

Maybe you just failed to read it properly because youre belgian and all that. I cannot see where exactly you can get the idea from that I think killing teammates waiting for jets is right.

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

I'm British, I queue all day anyway. I play games for escapism, why would I want to play a game to queue?

That aside, I do the same, but with C4!
My point: you decide to be an asshole and jump the queue, I'll be an asshole and send you to the back of it.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6462|NY
Awesomeness.....

And that c4 trick in a hangar was done to me the other day by some j10 whore on dalian, I was pissed for all of 30 seconds till another j10 spawned and I was on my merry way.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
I never teamkill people for vehicles. I wait or i try to get in ! Nobody is alive the whole round and after he respawns and want the jet again i fucking stand in front of the jet and punish after tk.
As i hate if people cant see that otehrs want to fly as well !
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6821|Denver colorado
I see your side. The people who SHOULDN'T tk others are the people, other than you, who don't wait in line.
BlackKoala
+215|6317
I TK for vehicles...all the time.

But I see no need to justify it on a forum.
SteikeTa
+153|6739|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

surgeon_bond wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

Theres nothing wrong with team killing as long as no one does it to me, Surgeon or SteikeTa!!

fixedeypoo
You two made a mistake that I fixed.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria
I somehow have to agree with Sarge.
If I was able to fly jets or helis decently, I'd probably get annoyed too if someone teamkills me just to crash into the next palm tree.

When I get near a jet or heli and already see people jumping around in the middle of the spawn point, I leave immediately, as it's no use to get in anyway.
It's very rare to see servers were people queue up, so I can get in line.

The only thing that I absolutely not agree with is solo-flying in helis.
Seat-switching is absolutely illogical and should be patched out of the game.

When someone crashes the heli, red-lines me, squishes me with a car or TKs me, he'll get the C4 treatment on his solo heli.
It's a fucking 2-seated helicopter! Use it as it was intended to (and as it's the logical way).
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6319|105 RVK
you compare BF2 to real life.

sad.
Simon
basically
+838|6649|UK

SteikeTa wrote:

surgeon_bond wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

Fuck you all, Simon owns.
fixedeypoo
You two made a mistake that I fixed.
Nope you missed a bit.
[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6448|UK
I do agree with you, but a question about ur sig:

It says "Sarge stole MY jet" (cut and emphasised appropiate parts), now does this mean u also jump the queue and steal the jet of the first man in the queue, in which case it wud be their jet and thereby totally going against your argument here.
Or does it reinforce ur argument here today that u will TK a person, who in your view stole ur jet, then re-take the jet for yourself. Thus to them seemin like u stole it, as to them they rightfully believe it was there jet?.....If u get me , i know its hard to understand. I jus cnt think of the words to use. English wasnt my 'forté' as school.

Im in no way flaming you, far from it. I'm jus curious of the context of your sig.
floodgate
+2|6180
so now i know when i see you waiting for a jet i'll just let you have it.

then tk you and jump in

waiting in line is for chumps
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6379|Scotland
thats fair. but that doesnt deal with ppl that shoot u out when it IS your turn.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard