My way or Haddaway!
+212|6696|Espoo, Finland
Nothing beats flying a chopper with you brother
We make a helluva team
StokoE
Losers-Server
+51|6852|UK

*TS*tphai wrote:

ok so im not that great at the game GOSH you guys are having a flame fest!! i dont really care what you assholes think
You clearly are for replying in the first place
Kabibu
+0|6691

tizzy83 wrote:

I know this is an old topic, but its probably the most frustrating thing in the game.  When you are really good at using the TV missle from a heli (I can shoot down jets if they are not at full speed) trying to get a decent pilot is almost impossible.  Most of the time I end up with some crazy mofo pretending he knows what he's doing.  Anyone else in here think there should be some sort of pilot kit which gives you minimum ammo and armor, but allows you to operate the air vehicles?  Maybe im just being picky

This post was put in the praise section simply because i think the tv missle is by far the best weapon in the game and would be even better if the pilots who had your life in their hands knew what they were doing. 
I have the exact opposite problem.  I like to fly the attack chopper, and when paired with someone halfway decent as a gunner, tend to do quite well.  However, I usually have a total noob in the gunners seat who either fires randomly all over the place, or doesn't appear to know that the TV guided missiles even exist.

I dislike hovering or slowing down, but I do so to enough of an extent that a gunner can utilise the TV guided, as I know its our best weapon.  The worst moment is banking around and lining up a tank, and then the noob gunner doesn't fire or just uses the MG on it.  Bleh.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6752|Clinton, MD, USA
I remember yesterday, I killed 2 fully loaded Blackhawks with 2 TV-Guided missiles.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6780|Human Meat Shield
I've only killed one tank with the TVGM, because usually when I am gunner the pilot is going so fast and moving not paying attention to the view, I don't know, but for me (not that good at the chopper) I need it steady for about a couple seconds then I can guide it by clicking the shit out of it.
={PS}=Rage
+2|6689|Lake Stevens, WA
Come gun for me, I promise you will have fun and get A LOT of kills.  :p  Im closing in on expert heli pilot and already have my heli combat medal. (which takes 20k kills in chopper to get).  You better be fast with that TV though, otherwise you won't be getting any kills, and I will have them all.   
-xXCRUWXx-
+0|6704|NEW YORK
will im good at both just started doing the Tv thing and love it just hate it when  pilot trys to go for kill for him self or  trys to get flag
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6731|Melbourne, Australia
the pilot kit idea is a bit to much mate.. i suggest what many other do.. a pilot course u have to of completed the little totorial b4 u can pilot a chopper / jet
RDMC_old
+0|6747|Almere, Holland

tizzy83 wrote:

I know this is an old topic, but its probably the most frustrating thing in the game.  When you are really good at using the TV missle from a heli (I can shoot down jets if they are not at full speed) trying to get a decent pilot is almost impossible.  Most of the time I end up with some crazy mofo pretending he knows what he's doing.  Anyone else in here think there should be some sort of pilot kit which gives you minimum ammo and armor, but allows you to operate the air vehicles?  Maybe im just being picky

This post was put in the praise section simply because i think the tv missle is by far the best weapon in the game and would be even better if the pilots who had your life in their hands knew what they were doing. 
Its so cool to fire an Tv missle when u just past the island and then hit the chinese chopper at the helipad they are like WTF xD
AdamEcks
+1|6714|Canada, Eh.
I would love to see that pilot course be but in to action. Nothing worse than circling behind an enemy heli just to hear your MG being rattled off. Then the heli with the competant gunner turns, you line up your gunner just to hear more MG rounds, then get a TV in the face.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6691
I love being the gunner . I love mowing down troops . I love it when a pilot who has the sense to line up shots for me with the TVM . I was gunner for this amazing pilot once . I got 43 infantry kills and like 6-7 tank and chopper kills . Were were the MEC team on Sharqui Penninsula . He headed to the middle flag near the sniper crane area . All he did was simply hold it steady and I was killing all the troops repsawning . When I saw a chopper I would spot it . Then this pilot would take action and we would take it out . I love spotting targets as a gunner . This way the pilot knows where to go and how to react . I mean he's busy just dealing with lag and holding it steady . I act as his eyes and ears . A devistating combo .

As for the TVM it's so easy . All you have to do is R-click to activate the TV screen . When you see a target place the cursur on it and fire the missle by L-clicking . For the most part if the target is still then you don't need to make adjustments . But if he backs up or drives foward a tiny increment of steering is needed . You can left click on the outter edge of the screen to steer the missle - somewhat . It isn't really easy at first but once you get it down sterring becomes natural .

What I did to learn and pratice shooting TVM's is this . I just jumped on a server with like 3 people on it and jumped into a helicopter . For the most part if you are parked on a runway and jump into the 2nd seat to be the gunner all of your missles will hit the ground in front of you . So I just found a nice roof top or cliff to kind of hang the front end off of . This way I can now fire and practice . This one time on Dragon Vally I jumped into the US attack helo and headed for the harbor . There were tons of freindly vehicles there . I landed on a roof and just practiced there . I took out some vehicles . After a while I got the hang of it . Then I reloaded at the ship and went to the Chineeses base and parked it up on one of the big oil tanks at thier airport . I waited for some poor soul to jump into the chopper . I see the helicopter spawn . Shortly after I see a guy jump into the helicopter . I waited till his rotors were at full speed allowing him to take off . Then I shot a TVM and blew him up . Once again he respanws and starts firing at me with an AK or some kind of rifle . I just blew the rounds off and soon his helicopter respawns . Sure as shit he jumps into it and tries to take off . Once again I let him get some rotor speed up and just as he was gaining lift I kill him lol . Then he rspawns and jump into a car and starts shooting me taking off some health points real fast . Then I wasted him with the gatling gun . This happened 3 more times before he left lol .
TryfanMan
+2|6751|Yorkshire, UK
I find the TVM works best on moving targets, esp fast ones, when you 'lead' it.  Take a guess as to where the target's going to be when the missile gets there before firing.  that way there are less corrections to make one the missile is airbourne.

Well it works for me sometimes.   :-)
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6701

={PS}=Rage wrote:

Come gun for me, I promise you will have fun and get A LOT of kills.  :p  Im closing in on expert heli pilot and already have my heli combat medal. (which takes 20k kills in chopper to get).  You better be fast with that TV though, otherwise you won't be getting any kills, and I will have them all.   
I own you...your trash
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6752|Vermont
My theory on Tphai is that he's just on a crappy computer.  Surely no one can be that bad if they don't lag like crazy right?  .20 small arms kpd?  7% Assault rifle accuracy?  What are your computer specs?
={PS}=Rage
+2|6689|Lake Stevens, WA

-iLL*NaYmL3sS wrote:

={PS}=Rage wrote:

I own you...your trash
Lmao,  funny .  Your only behind by 20,000 or so kills.  no biggy.  im assuming you have your expert heli bagde as well?
-iLL*NaYmL3sS
Banned
+1|6701
^^^Dude you have all that time and badges and shit yet you still got owned by someone with such a low rank as me. I remember i was owning this guy and he starts hopping in jets to ram me like a little bitch dude. your trash.
Cowheap
+0|6677
i remember i was on the wake island map as the gunner in a heli, with my buddy I2elik, boy did we own that place up, i ended up getting gold star, he got silver, we got shot down maybe 2 times, we were also in a squad with mics, so i always kept him informed of incoming troops or tanks, it was so damn awesome! great pilot too
I2elik
+12|6764|Perth, Western Australia
Hehe, I remember that, now that was an awesome round, too bad I've never had such a moment, ever since you took back the the mic :"(.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard