prsguitarman
+1|6227
I'm looking at getting a new laptop in the next 3 months.  I really like this HP, the specs are great and the processor is decent.  The only part I'm not quite sure about is the on-board card.  As you might have guessed, it comes with a 256mb Nvidia Go 7600.  I myself am running BF2 and many other current games on full specs including AA with my 7600 GT on my desktop.  My question is will the Go 7600 provide me with enough power like the PCI-E 7600 I am currently using?  I know that the Go 7600 is going to be less powerful, but can I run CS:S and Battlefield 2 decently without the graphics looking like play-dough?

Thanks

P.S.-Sorry if this is a re-post, couldn't find it when I searched

Last edited by prsguitarman (2007-05-29 18:40:14)

Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6694|Keyboard
medium settings at most.
prsguitarman
+1|6227
Thanks, I have been searching for some FPS tests and couldn't find any results.  I'm not really getting the laptop to game. I just thought that if I was going to get a higher end one, I would get one that I could occasionally game on when I was somewhere with wireless and was bored.

Here's a link http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavil … tDetail.do

If you find a better laptop with better specs for a similar price do tell
Thanks

Last edited by prsguitarman (2007-05-29 19:28:18)

Smithereener
+138|6360|California
The 7600 Go might run BF2 at high settings, albeit a somewhat low framerate. An X1700 with 2G of ram and a 2.00Ghz C2D ran BF2 on High Settings + 6x AA at 35-55 FPS. Not too shabby. And an X1700 scores a little over the 7600 in benchmarks.

List of Notebook GPU Benchmarks.

Asus F3JP - $1,228.99 (Might want to buy another stick of RAM though)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6834220142

or
$1029.99 (Again, might want another stick of RAM)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6834220156

or
Configure a Dell Notebook (E1705 - can have a 7900GS GPU) to $1,399.00+ and get a coupon that can reduce it's price by $500.00.

http://www.notebookreview.com/dellCoupon.asp - Dell Coupons
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6538|N. Ireland
^ There is no point in getting good graphics in a laptop. They can hardly be updated and you are just spending waay to much. The 7600GO should be fine! My brother has a 7400GO in his and he is capable of playing HL2 on all high, widescreen, with AA and HDR. A 7600GO should be capable of BF2 Medium settings at least.

Edit> Just in case you don't know, they use the same engine (CSS and HL2) so yes, you'll be able to play on high on CSS!

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-05-29 23:30:48)

Po0PO0
+8|6548

leetkyle wrote:

^ There is no point in getting good graphics in a laptop. They can hardly be updated and you are just spending waay to much. The 7600GO should be fine! My brother has a 7400GO in his and he is capable of playing HL2 on all high, widescreen, with AA and HDR. A 7600GO should be capable of BF2 Medium settings at least.

Edit> Just in case you don't know, they use the same engine (CSS and HL2) so yes, you'll be able to play on high on CSS!
agreed
Smithereener
+138|6360|California
True, if you want an ultra 1337 gaming machine, you're better off getting a desktop. And again, its true you just can't upgrade much on a laptop, at least not easily. But the problem with Desktops is that they aren't portable at all - the reason people go to laptops.

People prefer desktops over notebooks because they're easier to upgrade and can consistently stay with the current technologies for some time before the whole thing has to be upgraded.

So why not get the most out of the current technologies in a laptop? So why not go for a decent graphics card for your laptop, if you know you won't be able to upgrade it in the future. I mean, I'd want to get at least an upper end card to run my games and maybe upcoming games if I knew that I wouldn't be able to upgrade. Cost is only way too much if you compare the prices of notebook hardware to desktop hardware. Of course it's going to be more expensive, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. Similar in that they're both fruit, but different kinds of fruit. Laptops and Desktops are both computers, but different in terms of what can be implemented into each. You can't quite lug around a desktop, but you can't get the same performance out of a laptop.

So to be honest, I think saying laptops are overpriced when comparing them to desktops is stupid because people need different types of computers for different roles. A good deal on a laptop may be expensive to those who are partial towards desktops, but to others, it's just that - a good deal.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6802|06-01
my laptop is currently using the Go 7600.
can run on medium settings w/o a problem
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6315
i have a hp laptop
2 gb ram
vista
240 gb hd
duo 2
7600 go

i run bvf2 all high and is smooth in 64 slots!
motherdear
+25|6696|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
my laptop: hel 80
CPU: Intel core duo 1.6 ghz
gpu: nvidia 7600 go (256
ram: 2gb
hard disk: 60gb 7200 rpm (7200 rpm is a must)

it runs cs:s on full settings with full AA and anisotropic filtering without lag (but i got some graphic flaws with the anisotropic filtering on

bf2/bf2142/pr:

everything on medium (except: textures (high))
and AA on 2x.

the AA can also be selected off and the other stuff put to a higher lv of graphic, but i choose to have AA to get the smother edges

but it can go higher up but properly with a little loss of framerate, but i haven't checked it since i got 2gb of ram and i just keep it on medium settings so that it's always able to play PR(project reality) which takes more power and i don't want to restart my game each time i shift between the two mods.

but then again my rig is a year old now.

hoped it helped.

Last edited by motherdear (2007-05-30 00:18:29)

prsguitarman
+1|6227
Hey thanks guys.  I already have a decent desktop and was just wanting to get a good universal laptop for work/college and such.  Thanks for the links.  I knew this would be the right place to ask.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard