bs6749
+3|6760

dobbs wrote:

Kriznik wrote:

if this is serious... so:

they gonna ruin BF2 (except last medic one > pretty good) BUT

why reduce hit point? so we will not be able to destroy tank with antitank / tank or whatever ... ok or we should shoot 10times to single tank to destroy it? ... it sux
What the hell are you talking about, it said reduce AIR hit points.  Means it will take less to take down a heli.  Didnt say anything about tanks, god i wish people would read before bitching.

This patch is gonna kick ass!
Funny, he DID correct himself (caught his error and acknowledged it). Maybe you should take your own advice and READ BEFORE POSTING.
bs6749
+3|6760

zimmer92 wrote:

Sturmvogel wrote:

So, um where are the OFFICER RANKS?? Having the ranks end at 2nd Lieutenant is just plain dumb. The point descrepancy between Sergeant Major and 2nd Lieutenant is flawed also. There is no way I'm going to be playing for another 120,000 points just so I can be a 2nd Lieutenant. I know ranks arn't really important or anything but it is just one more thing you can look forward to attaining.

Other than that the new patch sounds really good. I CAN'T WAIT to play with this patch during the first few days it comes out. I can picutre it now.. running down one of the ally ways in Karkand and an enemy Assault peeks around the corner, he charges towards me, JUMPS! "Oh wait... no noob toob? WHAT THE HELL!" But alas, it is too late I've already gutted him with the G3. <3
true because 2nd liutenant is a pathetic rank in the high ranks in us army. theres 1st liutenant. theres not even CAPTAIN!!!!!! i think the highest rank in ea should be the highest rank in the us army that commands from the ground at the battle. this of course would be MAJOR. that would be real good.   

http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/ins … aptain.gif    captain

http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/ins … _major.gif     major

http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/ins … olonel.gif    colonel
Except the game doesn't have the United States Army it has the Marine Corps. Aren't the ranks different?
bs6749
+3|6760

Krappyappy wrote:

games that don't allow you to shoot while jumping are stupid.

make the jumping accuracy terrible, make it where you can't hit shit two inches from your face, and i won't complain. but where did this magic safety switch that only turns on when you jump come from? is there some invisible DICE programmer floating around the map, sticking his penis through the trigger guard every time someone jumps and tries to shoot?

it's a completely stupid way to solve the problem. not to mention its effect on grenades, c4, mines, and med/ammo packs [you know, all those things that are more difficult to use than a gun]. it's nice to be able to jump and toss those over a fence.

i don't have problems with the rest of the changes. especially the sa80 and g3, about time they're buffed up, they're upgrades and should behave like upgrades.
The Medic unlock is fine as it is. I get killed enough with it as it is while playing sniper.

By the way I don't ever remember seeing the unlocks being called "upgrades". They are simply alternate choices to weapons available for each army. In some cases the unlock may be "better" than the default weapon but not always.
bs6749
+3|6760

RKF77 wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I honestly can't belive out of all of those, everyone puts bunny hopping at a higher 'hate this, fix it' than the fucking n00b tube.

But grenade launchers...? Those are a bit hard to deal with provided you don't die when you get hit with it. If they miss, sure you kill 'em, but 90% of my time I've been 1 shot with those things.
How would you suggest they "fix" them? 
Probably make them more realistic. Rounds from the M203 won't detonate until they have traveled a certain distance. I would guess that Ryan_Mercury wouldn't mind being killed from a GL at a decent distance. It's being killed by a "n00b tuber" from 10 meters away (requires no skill) that pisses most of us off. They use the GL as their main weapon and the rifle when they are out of ammo.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6763|The United Center

bs6749 wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

I honestly can't belive out of all of those, everyone puts bunny hopping at a higher 'hate this, fix it' than the fucking n00b tube.

But grenade launchers...? Those are a bit hard to deal with provided you don't die when you get hit with it. If they miss, sure you kill 'em, but 90% of my time I've been 1 shot with those things.
How would you suggest they "fix" them? 
Probably make them more realistic. Rounds from the M203 won't detonate until they have traveled a certain distance. I would guess that Ryan_Mercury wouldn't mind being killed from a GL at a decent distance. It's being killed by a "n00b tuber" from 10 meters away (requires no skill) that pisses most of us off. They use the GL as their main weapon and the rifle when they are out of ammo.
i'll agree with that.  i've got no problem when someone kills me from range with the tube...its something i havent mastered yet so i'll give them credit.  its when i turn a corner and an enemy jumps and fires at my feet, killing me instantly that bugs me.

since id imagine the distance thing might be kind of tricky...(i.e. if you fire it at your feet, will it never explode?) i'd prefer to see a timer put on the grenade launcher.  say, two or three seconds after you fire it, itll explode.  as it stands now, the noob tube is close to a shotgun than a grenade launcher....one big, instantaneous blast with little to no splash damage.
bs6749
+3|6760

Kkookie wrote:

I am a racist n00b-tubing, son-of-a-whore, no talent ass clown.
Agreed.
uk.solidsnake
+3|6724|England, UK
Making helos weaker is ultimately a bad idea, yes they are very powerful but so is anything in BF2 when used correctly, making them weaker really punishes players who have developed their technique when flying. It's not like they are hard to take down either, AA works reasonably well against them when used correctly, and a 50 cal on a hummer rips through a helo like a knife through butter.

Obviously people will adjust, but it's a bad move by EA.

Improving the L85 is totally awesome, I love the weapon but it feels like I'm shooting bits of potato at the enemy and is crap compared to other rifles, considering it is one of the most accurate rifles in the world it wouldn't hurt to beef it up a bit.

I'm also all for the fixes with dolphin diving, prone jumping and shoot jumping, but my mind tells me these changes will do more harm than good. It's a nice notion, but people have learned to deal with it, it's become part of the game. Major changes to something people love is stupid, most people are hesitant when in comes to change. I know I for one have no problem with hopping and diving, it's laughable to me, it makes players unbelievably predictable and if you are any good, they won't be able to hop that bullet to the head.

As for the rest.. meh, we'll see, it's not like EA have ever been interested in community input, those adjustments will be added whether we like them or not. And the ones we do like will probably be removed from the list. (Timed C4, anyone?)

Oh well.

Last edited by uk.solidsnake (2005-12-15 14:40:23)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6763|The United Center
oh yeah, i figured out what prone spamming is.  and when i say figured out, i mean went on the EA message board and read it...anyway, i know a lot of people were wondering...

its just when you keep hitting the prone button....so you kind of float in the air.  its totally bullshit if anyones ever done it to you.  im really glad theyre taking it out.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6761|Houston, TX
Whew!  Need a beer after reading the entire thread to this point.  Thanks to the mods for capping the flaming when necessary. 

I rather like the list of fixes.  I do hope that this is a draft of the final list, as there are more improvements (red/blue glitch) that need addressing. 

Something nobody seems to know.... 

When is the bloody patch coming out?

I don't mind the wait, but HOW LONG???
ninjaturtleshadows
+0|6724

vjs wrote:

------------

As for the AA... I'm thinking that this could all be solved with more accurate plane missles. I almost refuse to go after choppers since they can drop flares like mad... and it's tough to get two good hits with a missle.

Hopefully the reduced armour etc on planes and choppers will help.
I find that if you lock a chopper, then wait and the pilot will generally expel his flares - you then fire after flares are gone and he has no chance for flaring. Also think of this when pilot-- wait for the tone for locking to be constant then use flares. By the time your flares are recharged and his AA is recharged, you can avoid them again.
Blankwindow
+1|6741

atlvolunteer wrote:

RGB|Apocalypse wrote:

Blankwindow wrote:

As to how to fix the Gl spamming. That is simple make the weapon realistc. In real life a grenade from a gp30 or m203 has to travel atleast 30 meters ( i velieve thirty is the min range) before it will explode. The reaosn is to prevent kiling yourself or other friendly.

If the put a min distance on the weapon then it would not be a problem because if the target is over 30 meters and is moving it requires a bit of aim to take down. I meen hell look at the old game DF:BHD they have amin distance on the m203 you can pop off a target at anywhere in sight range. (and beyond with practice if you know exactly where they are such as a prone sniper that you've seen tracers from.) BUt if they are less than the min range the only way the m203 can kill them is if you hit them in the upperchest/head with the grenade. (in BHD if the grenade hits them in the opperchest/head area it acts as a headshot because the grenade is traveling quite fast.)

anyway just add a minimum distance for arming of the grenade which makes the weapon realistic. Honostly if someone kills me with a gl at over 30 meters i don't mind really becaus eit took a bit of skill.
I don't think distance is the factor. Grenades prime base on timing and so should the GL. Take for example the rifle-grenade in Enemy Territory. You can actually fire it at an enemy in front of you but it would bounce right back and kill yourself. It takes skills to recognise the timing and alleviation in order to hit a target and close quarter and long distance (trajectory estimation). I wish the GL in BF2 can be like that.
It is my understanding that distance IS the factor for GLs in RL.  The grenade turns as it travels through the air; after so many revolutions, the grenade is armed.

EDIT:

I found this on the America's Army website (http://www.americasarmy.com/intel/usweapons.php):
From Army Field Manual FM3-22.31:
The M203 grenade launcher is a lightweight, single-shot, breech-loaded, pump action (sliding barrel), shoulder-fired weapon that is attached to an M16 rifle series, or the M4 carbine series with the M203A1, and M4 carbine series with the rail system

The grenadier’s operations include loading, unloading, and firing the weapon. The weapon uses a high-low propulsion system to fire a 40-mm round. The firing pin strikes the primer, whose flash ignites the propellant in the brass powder-charge cup inside the high-pressure chamber. The burning propellant produces 35,000 psi chamber pressure, which ruptures the brass powder-charge cup at the vent holes and allows the gases to escape to the low-pressure chamber in the cartridge case. There the pressure drops to 3,000 psi and propels the grenade from the muzzle at a velocity of 250 fps. The grenade’s 37,000-rpm right-hand spin stabilizes it during flight and applies enough rotational force to arm the fuze. The weapon is unloaded with the barrel open and fired from a closed bolt. It must be cocked before it can be placed on SAFE.
Thanks i was too lazy to go get the exact information. I knew that the spinning was what atually armed it. but it has to travel a certain distance to have spun enough and for in game coding it would just be based on distance.. (i believe but not positive that 25-30 meters is about the distance.) Anyway if they added this feater i would have no qaulms about people using the Gls whatever because it would require aiming and a bit of skill with the min distance where as now it just acts as a short,medium, long range shotgun. Though honsotly this path wil fix half the problem because they wont be able to jump and fire thus more than likely they will kill themselves more now which will deter a lot of the people who use the weapon exclusive.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6772
personaly I would rather see them add in the code to disable a vehicle once it gets down to say 1/4th health.  for a helo without an amazing pilot that would be death, for jets, death.  For tanks, realistic (as most tanks will loose thier treads, yet still have turret and guns long before they go boom).  For APC's a bit less realistic, but still feasable.

That would fix alot of the balance issues IMO.  As it stands now I have taken a tank with 3 bars of health accross a map, taken 2 flags and killed a @#% of infantry.  Hell most of my tank kills are from tanks that some one bailed from before it went boom.  Thinking it was to low on health to be of use.
<b|k> lukie
+7|6738|Germany
A Tank is not that powerful. A medium skilled AT can destroy a Tank with 2 Eryx hits.
Arming range for GL and low accuracy while jumping and shooting would be fine. I still want to fire an Eryx from an higher position.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6754|New Brunswick Canada
I personally have been prone-spammed, wow did that suck, I was on Karkland capping the hotel, prone with the PMK. This guy runs up the stairs towards me i fire he jumps then goes prone so i fire again but he pulls out his knife floats at me on his stomach about 2feet off the ground and knifes me in the head. Also I hope the AA fix helps jet missles too. i have been flying in a jet lock onto a chopper it DOES NOT drop flares and I fire and both missles sail right underneath it. This getts annoying after the third time.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6736|The Netherlands
sounds okay to me, glad to see summit done about bunny hopping

but what the hell is "Prone Spamming"?
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6723|Belgium
Armor HP reduced  ....  i can't wait to see the rain of complain about tubes nubes ...  there going to be coming out of the ground like mushrooms  ....  Freaking everywhere  )))
Ludic
+0|6784|New York

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

This is the lamest patch created for the majority of BF2 whiners... who are lame and talentless.
Quoted for truth, edited for effect.
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6723|Belgium
PRolly the only good thinabout this patch is improve the Support weapon accuracy because that is the worst of the game by far. And when i say far i mean freaking miles that take for ever !!!!!
p0wn
+1|6780

General-Echo wrote:

sounds okay to me, glad to see summit done about bunny hopping

but what the hell is "Prone Spamming"?
Perhaps read the thread? This is even explained on the same page on which you posted.
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6723|NL
Im glad about the up coming updates.
Ok, tv-guided now even shorter range is not so nice. I believe that in real-life they can go up to 3 km.

Still... i would have loved an update like:

- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now explode when used on metal.

Or something funny like that. Or even better:

- Engineer fix tool has been adjusted. They now can also be used as hammer.

greetz
Clayton_Bigsby
Dumptruck
+6|6836|ATX

bs6749 wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

Sturmvogel wrote:

So, um where are the OFFICER RANKS?? Having the ranks end at 2nd Lieutenant is just plain dumb. The point descrepancy between Sergeant Major and 2nd Lieutenant is flawed also. There is no way I'm going to be playing for another 120,000 points just so I can be a 2nd Lieutenant. I know ranks arn't really important or anything but it is just one more thing you can look forward to attaining.

Other than that the new patch sounds really good. I CAN'T WAIT to play with this patch during the first few days it comes out. I can picutre it now.. running down one of the ally ways in Karkand and an enemy Assault peeks around the corner, he charges towards me, JUMPS! "Oh wait... no noob toob? WHAT THE HELL!" But alas, it is too late I've already gutted him with the G3. <3
true because 2nd liutenant is a pathetic rank in the high ranks in us army. theres 1st liutenant. theres not even CAPTAIN!!!!!! i think the highest rank in ea should be the highest rank in the us army that commands from the ground at the battle. this of course would be MAJOR. that would be real good.   

Except the game doesn't have the United States Army it has the Marine Corps. Aren't the ranks different?
Unless I am mistaken, the officer ranks for the Corps are the same as the Army (and Air Force in fact) except that I don't believe that there is technically a 5 star General for the Corps.  Other than that they are the same:
2nd Lt, 1st Lt, Captain, Major, Lt Col, Colonel, Brigadier General (1 star), Major General (2 star), Lt General (3 star), and General (4 star).
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6759
you're right clayton.  officer ranks for army/USAF/USMC are the same, with the exception that the USMC does not have a O-11 (5 star flag officer).  Technically, the army and the air force don't have one right now either (it's a rank reserved for war time)
n00b.Worx
+44|6742|West Berlin!
In my opinion that will be a great update that will bring new life to the BF:2 Comunity.

Ehhm, how much time we have to wait for it?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6772|Scotland

Clayton_Bigsby wrote:

bs6749 wrote:

zimmer92 wrote:

Unless I am mistaken, the officer ranks for the Corps are the same as the Army (and Air Force in fact) except that I don't believe that there is technically a 5 star General for the Corps.  Other than that they are the same:
2nd Lt, 1st Lt, Captain, Major, Lt Col, Colonel, Brigadier General (1 star), Major General (2 star), Lt General (3 star), and General (4 star).
they are the same.  except for the us navy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard