daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6245|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Do you think a demotion justifies a certain amount of TK's. Agreed that forced TKs are shit, but Forced TKs punish equal it out. Should a demotion justify a certain amount of tks? Demotion or a loss of points? Or even a loss of a badge.....!

Discuss.

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2007-05-28 17:36:30)

ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6631
It's possible to get demoted?
daddyofdeath
No, but would you think it would deter the idiots to play fair.Probably like yourself sir, I just want to play fair and play good.
derstralle
Iron Egg Skill, bitches!
+29|6207
My uncle got demoted twice because he was caught being drunk while on guard duty.
Oh.. you talking about BF2... never mind...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
Well obviously I would be below private then.
daddyofdeath
LOL I never get caught on duty drunk.....................................................

Punishable by death still in the British Army!

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2007-05-28 17:30:55)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6281|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

thareaper254 wrote:

Thareaper is a J-10 whore. Ironic considering the F-15 in his sig.

Good thing he was in my squad.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6687|UK

thareaper254 wrote:

No its not possible because you cant get points taken away in BF2.

If you get -10 at the end of a round you'll get 0 added on to your global score, thats it, nothing taken off, you can never decrease in points.

Last edited by Samtheman53 (2007-05-28 17:53:02)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
They were considering it at one point, they have a demotion cue in the sound files.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

IMPORTANT

There is no longer any such thing as a demotion. Originally, the sound and stuff were to be played at the end of the month, when the next Sergeant Major of the Corps was chosen. However, with the addition of the officer ranks, and the removal of the Sergeant Major of the Corps came the abandonment of the concept of "demotion".
daddyofdeath
Shame as I think a DEMOTION would be awesome in stopping the TKs in the servers, just a selfish post really asking on opinions of other members to be honest.I think I would like to see a few Demotions and Guid bans.

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2007-05-28 18:30:59)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6438|Chicago, IL
chronic teamkillers shoud get branded as a traitor, and it will appear in their ingame icon, so we know who they are.

Should be a certain kill/teamkill ratio, not just a number of TK's, since high rank players probably have more simply because of time played.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

daddyofdeath wrote:

Shame as I think a DEMOTION would be awesome in stopping the TKs in the servers, just a selfish post really asking on opinions of other members to be honest.I think I would like to see a few Demotions and Guid bans.
But imagine the runway blocking.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6631

cowami wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

Thareaper is a J-10 whore. Ironic considering the F-15 in his sig.

Good thing he was in my squad.
Hehe, I remeber playing with you =P
daddyofdeath

Hurricane wrote:

daddyofdeath wrote:

But imagine the runway blocking.
True, but demotion for them and guid bans surely a deterrent? I for sure knowing a Global ban wouldn't block a runway and force tks if I knew it ressulted in a ban.

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2007-05-28 18:37:03)

aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6341|Iowa...
in the localization there's a bunch of things about demotion messages,so i'd assume at one point it was possible.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6670|Middle of nowhere
wait, so if you get 0 added to your score at the end of the round, do the TK's you got count toward your stats?
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6341|Iowa...

genius_man16 wrote:

wait, so if you get 0 added to your score at the end of the round, do the TK's you got count toward your stats?
yup.why wouldn't they?
daddyofdeath

genius_man16 wrote:

No sir, I mean if there was a way to detect purpose tks as in blocking runways or forcing tks then a demotion. Or a loss of points, maybe leading to a  guid ban.

/Edit

Ie a loss of previous points or badge on that prevoius kit played. Maybe a slight deterrent for the ardent BF2 players?

Last edited by daddyofdeath (2007-05-28 18:44:17)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6742|Chicago.
There is a more effective solution to the problem: a ban.

Demoting is way too complicated. It would involve even more coding failures.

On a more serious note, a demote wouldn't affect many players. In fact, I know of a few who would find it quite funny to have played for 100 hours and still be a private because of their TK numbers. If people will TK, they will continue to TK. Demotion will not solve any problems. Bans work to stop TK's on servers. Thats all we can do in reality.
daddyofdeath

BigmacK wrote:

There is a more effective solution to the problem: a ban.

Demoting is way too complicated. It would involve even more coding failures.

On a more serious note, a demote wouldn't affect many players. In fact, I know of a few who would find it quite funny to have played for 100 hours and still be a private because of their TK numbers. If people will TK, they will continue to TK. Demotion will not solve any problems. Bans work to stop TK's on servers. Thats all we can do in reality.
But sir surely a person that buys the game and knows that if he/she fcuks aroud cannot play it again will think twice of tks and forced tks?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6742|Chicago.
It's true, but my understanding of demotion would mean that they would reduced one rank, at a time, per TK level. From their current rank, down to private. Since there is nothing lower, wouldn't they stay at that rank?

They could still play.
daddyofdeath
Surely this is a deterrent though? I mean to stop any type of tk in any server. I can see a problem with accidental tks for sure but a type of coding may help this, IE X2 tks on same player = a drop in global score? Make the air whores and  force tks think?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!

daddyofdeath wrote:

Surely this is a deterrent though? I mean to stop any type of tk in any server. I can see a problem with accidental tks for sure but a type of coding may help this, IE X2 tks on same player = a drop in global score? Make the air whores and  force tks think?
Even so, I don't think many would be deterred. Even if you do TK a few people for, say a J-10, you can still get all those points back and more when you do get the jet.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6742|Chicago.
I guess in theory, you are correct. But from a realistic perspective, I don't see many players really caring.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard