HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6727|Germany
Hey folks.

So, after installed a new GC (1950x pro) I found this weird, choopy lag on warlord when raising the scope of the F2000 and the MP7 for example.
I can´t remember having those problems with my older 7600 GT but I´m not sure.

So do me a quick favor please, try it out, and tell me.

By the way, tried out ghost town and the scope "runs smooth" on there.

Thanks for help, HH
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6548|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
Screenshot?
HellHead
+336|6727|Germany
A bit hard to make a screenshot  of a sequence of pictures. But i´ll try to make one.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6645|Warlord
I have had scope lag regularly in this game since the start as I never had a great card and the first one I played with was crap. This is mostly through the sniper-rifle scopes but I've gotten it over iron sights too plenty of times (carbines and ARs I specifically remember) particularly when there were a number of players in the field of view.

SF is more texture-heavy than vanilla so that might be why you're getting it on Warlord... try it inside the carrier on Iron Gator, you might see the same thing. I don't imagine you're using the same settings now as on your 7600 GT are you? Whole point of a new graphics card is to crank things up a bit

I don't think it's just about the graphics card though, from what I have experienced it's tied to the response from the server and maybe data throughput on your computer, so the quality of your hardware and your connection may be important. The people who never get this tend to have high-end rigs and/or good broadband connections (or they play on servers geographically close to them).

Incidentally if you want to try to show people what this looks like you'll need to take a vid, still frames don't catch the effect.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6553
I have had a similar problem it comes and goes. You get it 100% of the time on warlord?
HellHead
+336|6727|Germany
I made a few more tests on different maps and it looks like "Warlord" is the only map that shows that kind of weird attitude. I even checked the framerates :
Empty server, standing still, I have about 100 Fps. The moment I raise the waepon, frames drop around 20 - 30 frames. Of cause that is not very irritating but when around a full server with 50 frames dropping to 20, when "scoping", can be surely pretty annoying.

Anyway, I guess there is no easy sollution to that, might as well live with it and avoid "warlord".
What still bugs me though, is the fact that I never had this problem with my "old" 7600 GT. And only on warlord. Spooky.

Last edited by HellHead (2007-05-28 11:49:16)

The0neAndOnlyX
Banned
+1|6199
Tell EA and wait a year for a reply.
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6510|Land of Cotton
Recently, I have return to playing SF. I too noticed the laggy-ness of Warlord. It happened mostly in the palace when there was a lot of action taking place. I have a Radeon 9600XT with 1.5GB RAM. I've had the video card for a little over 2 years and had great luck with it. But after the 1.41 patch, it seemed that SF overall was more choppy. Upon adding the additional 0.5 GB RAM stick, the palace played smoother. I think I also had my gfx card turned down back in the day. I have changed a lot of things but not sure if I am demanding more from my hardware. On Surge, I cannot fly the chopper as it is way too laggy. I get a good ping to a server but the flying is very choppy. I do not have these differences of vanilla with the choppers.

I have had the scope problem before. It seems to manifest itself in the early start of the round. It would stop after a few moments. Sorry that I do not have a solution for you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard