What do you do?

Throw down a med-pack and then reload.80%80% - 84
Reload and then throw down a medpack.16%16% - 17
Other2%2% - 3
Total: 104
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6231
Here's the scenario.  You're a medic, you're out of ammo with your primary weapon and you have less than 1/4 health.  Do you throw down a med-pack, get back to full health, and then reload?  Or do you reload your weapon so you have some chance at defending yourself before getting your health back? 

Personally, I automatically hit "r" when my ammo gets too low.  But I think thats just second nature after playing CS for a number of years where you didn't have the option of healing yourself.

A buddy of mine says its better to do it the other way so I thought I'd see what you guys think.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6390|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
I useually just go prone so when i die i dont fall and hurt myself.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6625|Quebec city, Canada
I throw down the med-pack before reloading because once the pack is on the ground, you dont have to wait to get healed, so you can reload while being healed without losing precious seconds.

Instead, if you reload before throwing your med pack, you lose the 4-5 seconds reload time.

Considering that throwing the med pack is almost instantaneous, you should do it first.
ragingtomato
+5|6181
if ur dead, how can u fall and hurt urself...

i would heal myself then run and reload at the same time
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6625|Quebec city, Canada

ragingtomato wrote:

Its way more favorable to take 0.5 second to throw the bag and step on it than running with it in our hands, because you will get healed instantly for a negligible amount of time.

Edit : sry, now I think you meant the same thing...

Last edited by -=raska=- (2007-05-27 21:27:39)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6530

I would reload because there is that chance that if somone comes around the corner and you have a full weapon youll get the kill without getting hit.

Its happened
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore
throw a med pack and reload

theres a delay between the med pack touching the ground and you receiving it. so there.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here

ragingtomato wrote:

You dont wanna know.
sexecuti0ner
+148|6231

jkohlc wrote:

theres a delay between the med pack touching the ground and you receiving it. so there.
Yes, but this delay is more or less canceled out by the second or two it takes to switch to med-pack and back to gun.  So, I'm kind of ignoring this fact since it takes about equal time to do either combination.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here

sexecuti0ner wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

Yes, but this delay is more or less canceled out by the second or two it takes to switch to med-pack and back to gun.  So, I'm kind of ignoring this fact since it takes about equal time to do either combination.
Lol why are you making such a big deal about it lol who cares its 1 second differance and you would probaly die anyway while working out what to do so add 15 seconds ontop.
Alliednations
+0|6239|Illinois, United States
if im in a big combat zone, usually someone else takes the med-pack i throw down before reloading and then we both die from a nade...
sexecuti0ner
+148|6231

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

Lol why are you making such a big deal about it lol who cares its 1 second differance and you would probaly die anyway while working out what to do so add 15 seconds ontop.
Didn't realize I was making a big deal...I'm just curious about what other people do.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here

sexecuti0ner wrote:

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

Didn't realize I was making a big deal...I'm just curious about what other people do.
Well if your hurt so bad you need to heal no point reloading because you will die anyway so everyone probaly will heal 1st.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6322|Orrstrayleea
I always reload, if your smart enough you have bad health, but no ammo is usually a big problem for me
Nanten
+24|6429
Other; use sniper kit, won't play for the team, sit 30minutes in a bush just to get one kill, never cap a flag or spot enemies. Oh yeah, and before that, i just run around and toss my clays to spawnpoints! Heck yea!
BudyFX
+7|6547|Lost
HEAL.. you have your gun also then you switch to your gun
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6390|fåking denmark
Throw a med-pack, then reload and bunnyhop ..
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

It's all in the situation:

Firefight: Medpack first, unless I'm at cover.

Lone-Wolfing it across the map: Reload first, unless I see/hear someone coming.

Edit: I tend to throw medpacks into and/or out of the fray before I start anything. Gives me a retreat option.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-05-28 03:05:03)

VorteX
+6|6338|Lithuania
ofc through a medpack and if enemy comes, you can always use pistol but from my experience its always better to use medpack first..
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.
run, throw down two med packs and start reloading. First med pack heals you whilst reloading, and if you get sprawled whilst reloading then you can jump on the second one possible giving you enough time to reload again.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6227|Scotland!
throw down medpack and grab someone else's kit, if no kits are around and it's safe, reload, if someone's coming after me, pistol em.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51
Usually it doesn't get that far, either I die or he dies, but when that isn't neither the case then I am more likely to pull out my handgun and get him with that, if that fails just run around a corner, heal, reload, and finish it off.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria
I'll throw the med-pack first.
It happened to me a lot of the time that I had my weapon reloaded, but I haven't yet determined where I was hit from and that few bullets killed me.
Had I been on full health, I could have finished reloading while I was looking out for the enemy.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone
If theres no enemies shooting at me, throw med pack then reload.
If there are enemies shooting at me, switch to pistol/knife/grenade.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-05-28 08:55:16)

pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6404|Earth
I normally throw down a grenade first, far enough to not kill me but to where it will scare him off a little to let me heal then reload.
Signature

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard