Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6647|Washington, DC

It's something that's always escaped me. For some unfathomable reason, there are kids (and, even more pathetic, adults) who simply MUST win. And if that means paying money for a hack, so be it. It's really just plain sad. Why would someone feel the need to ruin other people's time just for a few numbers? A pretty rank image? It's not like using steroids in baseball; you won't get anywhere with your hacks. Even if you are one of the very few people who could end up making a career out of gaming, that will never happen because the moment you show up at a LAN everyone will see that you really are a hack user and you never had any skill.

Is it a lack of self esteem? Do the players feel an attachment to the game where their only happiness comes from excelling at it? Or do some people just do it for fun? Why? You never see anyone going to the amusement park and cutting in line "for fun." They'd get their asses kicked or thrown out. The anonymity of the internet lends itself into letting these kids run wild without fear of retribution. If you play dirty in a street game of basketball, you'll be shunned. If you're a swindler at gambling games (AKA saying you suck to trick people into playing you for big cash), you are known as a hacker and nobody will play with you. In video games though, kids get this sort of body armor in the form of being anonymous and will do whatever they please, knowing full well in the back of their heads that if this were real life, they'd get their asses kicked.

So, why do people feel the need to go as far as paying money for some esteem boosts?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6411|The Gem Saloon
they fail at life, so they need to feel good about something......even if the good feeling is false.
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

Simple answer.
They are good at coding, but bad at the game.

So they put their coding skills to work so they can benefit and become good at the game.
Either that, or they do it just to piss people off.

There will always be hackers.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6453|UK
they fail at the game, so they need a little help from a bot

its that simple really

taken from one website that says : "people that moan at hacks are just mad, because they want one."
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6245|Scotland!
People who make the hacks themselves do it for credit, and respect, and they deserve it.

People who use hacks ingame usually aren't good at the game, or at anything much at all, they don't make the hacks, and they get a hardon for being called a hacker. Makes them feel like they've accomplished something.

people who create and build hacks themselves - at least they've got a talent for coding and bypassing anti-cheats.

people who use hacks and boast about it in pubs - normally fail at life and have no talent
imortal
+240|6682|Austin, TX
I would think it is also overly competatve people who think that winning is the only thing that matters, no matter HOW you win.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6319
I'll tell you why they hack.

They think they have an advantage over everyone else, But they don't.

When they are caught, Victory is great.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6594|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Hacking is not all about beeing a failure at the game or all those kind of things.

Some just do it because they mastered the game well enough and are bored of playing it the way they alway did...so they start hacking because its kinda like re-discovering the game.

Some do it just to piss the whole world off...(seem like it work well)

Some will do it just to see how long they can get away with it.

Some do it because they like to code.

Etc etc...Its not all about failure and e-penis size.
Evil_Apu
+40|6600|Denmark
True...

The sad fact is, that they get banned/stat reset by use and get busted by using hacks.

So why even waste money on hacks, now u cant use it to anything?

There's 3 ways getting in top 100(in this game):

1. Hack
or
2. acount share (many on top-10 000 does)
or
3. Have no life
Hurricane
Banned

Bull3t wrote:

Getting killed by mere mortals is better. Just now there was a kid who was blatantly hacking with the SVD... I one-shotted him with the M24 I never got him again but meh I killed him and that's what matters.

I should've said "Come back when your hack is uberuberleet and doesn't let you get killed by mere mortals."

edit: Yeah apu, I'd rather have no life and get points legit than have no life and prove it by hacking

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-05-26 09:37:31)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6510|N. Ireland
they have no penus
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6319

Hurricane wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

Getting killed by mere mortals is better. Just now there was a kid who was blatantly hacking with the SVD... I one-shotted him with the M24 I never got him again but meh I killed him and that's what matters.

I should've said "Come back when your hack is uberuberleet and doesn't let you get killed by mere mortals."

edit: Yeah apu, I'd rather have no life and get points legit than have no life and prove it by hacking
True, But I also hate people who accuse good players of hacking.

That is another thing that pisses me off.

leetkyle wrote:

they have no penus
It's spelled "Penuz" n00b.

Last edited by Bull3t (2007-05-26 09:39:25)

Simon
basically
+838|6675|UK

Ryan wrote:

Simple answer.
They are good at coding, but bad at the game.

So they put their coding skills to work so they can benefit and become good at the game.
Either that, or they do it just to piss people off.

There will always be hackers.
lol script kiddies?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6638|Gold coast, Aus.

Evil_Apu wrote:

True...

The sad fact is, that they get banned/stat reset by use and get busted by using hacks.

So why even waste money on hacks, now u cant use it to anything?

There's 3 ways getting in top 100(in this game):

1. Hack
or
2. acount share (many on top-10 000 does)
or
3. Have no life
Just 2 and 3. Most hackers generally use hacks cause there bored and don't play enough to get good, therefore even with hacks still wouldn't make it to the top 100. That and they will most likely get reset/banned before they get there.
Capt.Irviding
I like big butts, and I cannot lie.
+13|6242
because they are cock sucking fags.

people who make them at least have the skill of well... making them!
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6542|South Florida

Hurricane wrote:

Why do people hack
Well let me explain the real and true reason.
The stat system.
You know that awesome tingly feeling you get when you kill someone? You know that horrible pissed off feeling you get when someone kills you? Well, to most people that feeling is addictive. And ask yourself, who doesn't want to be better then everyone else?
Well, originaly, just a few people hacked, it was an "Elite" group of people. These people owned and everyone just thought they were really good. Well, then some of those hackers realised how much money they could make if they sell there hacks. Well, when the idea of "Purchasing hacks" came out, everyone loved it! And when more and more people realised that these Elite's wernt just really good, but had hacks, they either

A. Came to forums like this and bitch and whine and moan
or
B. Went and bought hacks of there own

And this is why BF2 is in an unstoppable whirlpool of hacking untill its final death in a few years.
When Dice stops paying for Punkbuster in there game because really punkbuster is a piece of shit, hacks will be available for free, and it'll turn out like most other FPS games that have been around for years... A testing ground for amatuer hackers.

So there you have it. Stop bitching, Stop whining, Stop asking questions, Stop saying Punkbuster should do something, Stop blaming Dice/EA, and either buy your own hacks, or shut up because honestly, its only getting worse from here on so enjoy it while you can because the amount of hackers is just gunna grow, and you know BF2's owners will NOT do something about it.
15 more years! 15 more years!
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6847|Denver colorado
I think that hackers are really boring and un-important people. They have nothing other than a few things going on in their real life's so they cheat.

Its the exact opposite of the kids who log onto xbox live and only play consoles for short amounts of time.
Hurricane
Banned

I admit to being guilty of accusing players who probably are genuine, hackers. I usually only do it when I'm in a bad mood and the guy is killing me a bunch of times =p To quote Metallica, given the easy availability of hacks + PB being shitty, you have to "sleep with one eye open."
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6583|England

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Hacking is not all about beeing a failure at the game or all those kind of things.

Some just do it because they mastered the game well enough and are bored of playing it the way they alway did...so they start hacking because its kinda like re-discovering the game.

Some do it just to piss the whole world off...(seem like it work well)

Some will do it just to see how long they can get away with it.

Some do it because they like to code.

Etc etc...Its not all about failure and e-penis size.
QFT. Play Soldier of Fortune 2 (no AC software) - by our clans hack detector, we worked out that 85% of players applying for our clan hacked, and in most cases they weren't even as good as myself and a few of the others. And thats why we left the game after 2years.
It was pretty impressive. It was originally going to give us their HD serial number so would track the same person entering more than once but the guy who made it never got it working.
In fact, heres one that I dug up:

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
SFS - ID
Computer Name: P4
Hack Report:
C:\New Folder\Taurine 1.05 SoF2 1.00.zip
C:\Program Files\SOF2_FULL\gna.dll
C:\Program Files\SOF2_FULL\gna.exe
C:\Program Files\Soldier Of Fortune II - Double Helix\gna.dll
C:\Program Files\Soldier Of Fortune II - Double Helix\gna.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\TAURINEBOT.EXE-38FE8920.pf
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\Copy of TaurineBot\TaurineBot.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\Copy of TaurineBot\TaurineBot.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\Copy of TaurineBot\TaurineBot.ini
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\Copy of TaurineBot\TaurineBot_Readme.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TaurineBot\TaurineBot.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TaurineBot\TaurineBot.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TaurineBot\TaurineBot.ini
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TaurineBot\TaurineBot_Readme.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TBot\MPC.nfo
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TBot\TaurineBot.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TBot\TaurineBot.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\TBot\TaurineBot.ini
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\My Received Files\Gnas Bot v1.2[1.00]\MPC.nfo
C:\Documents and Settings\K!D\My Documents\My Received Files\Gnas Bot v1.2[1.00]\gna 1.2 for 1.00\gna.dll

After a game like that, I know when to accuse/not to accuse people of hacking

Last edited by Snake (2007-05-26 09:44:18)

lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6847|Denver colorado
Hey Dezerteagal5. Nobody's bitching and asking why PB doesn't do anything about it.
We are just telling why these people do such pathetic things.

I dont think this game will go to ruins. instead of counting on PB (which works a lot of the time) we all need to count on the admins. Because, you know, admins don't want people hacking on their server.
Hurricane
Banned

lavadisk wrote:

Hey Dezerteagal5. Nobody's bitching and asking why PB doesn't do anything about it.
We are just telling why these people do such pathetic things.

I dont think this game will go to ruins. instead of counting on PB (which works a lot of the time) we all need to count on the admins. Because, you know, admins don't want people hacking on their server.
DC1 Karkand almost never has admins, and they never kick off the obvious hackers. I'd play more FullContactWar if I didn't get my ass kicked each round =p
simmy.uk
+117|6455
nothing to do with winning or losing.

Most hackers I have met just wanted to piss me off.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6477
Ask LordDragonClaw, apparently they do it because there sick of unlocks and bs hitreg.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6245|Scotland!

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

Ask LordDragonClaw, apparently they do it because there sick of unlocks and bs hitreg.
He does it cause he's fat and an idiot, and he uses the unlocks and bs hitreg as an excuse.
ZamoII
+11|6236

Zero!. wrote:

they fail at the game, so they need a little help from a bot

its that simple really

taken from one website that says : "people that moan at hacks are just mad, because they want one."
thats bollocks! i fucking detest hackers, yet... i dont want one. explain that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard