bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland
I'm having serious issues with this driver. My c&c3 was messing up, so I figured I'd try installing the new drivers. Updated to 7.4, it worked fine for a while, but every time I log on now, the screen goes black and all I could see was the mouse icon. Tried restarting a few times, no luck, it would be normal for a while, then as soon as the catalyst tried to launch, the same problem would occur. I know it was the catalyst centre, because I brougt up the task manager, and as soon as CCC.exe appeared, I'd have 10 seconds to click end program before the black screen appeared! And it kept tryin to launch after that again.

So I stopped it from starting. Uninstalled every piece of ATi software. Restart. Re-install the latest driver and then the same thing happens! So I stopped it from opening, and performed a system restore, but I'm now stuck with version 7.1 instead of 7.4, the newest. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

any help is much appreciated

~Joe B
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

Which graphics card you using?
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland
ATi radeon x600 256mb
I was on the ATi site, it asked me that question, n what OS I had, then recommended that driver
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

Was asking on the off chance it was an x1600 Pro as 7.4 doesn't work with that one card. You downloading just the driver or the whole catalyst package? I gave up on catalyst a long time ago, it's just generally pants, get the stand alone driver.

If that dont work try ATi Omega drivers.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland
okay cheers, mite try jus the driver then, although thats a job for 2moro!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
i agree.... the catalyst control center sucks... just install the driver and use ATI Tray tools to monitor if you want...
http://www.guru3d.com/article/atitraytools/189/

I also have most of the versions of ati vid cards drivers for XP... if you need a specific one?
5.6/5.8/5.9/6.1/6.5/6.8/6.9/7.1/7.4
Also download the ATI driver uninstaller from their site... works well
Love is the answer
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6654|Camoran's Paradise
7.4 is working fine for me.  The new version makes it easier to overclock the GPU.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6661
I'd just like to second the installation of ATI Tray Tools and the un-installation of CCC.

Also, report the issue to ATI's website. And for the moment go with the driver that works for you, it could be either the driver (which wouldn't surprise me.. ATI have a bad rep with drivers) or the card itself.

I've had similar kind of issues with my X1900XTX a few driver versions ago (around 6.4 I think it was).

The address is http://support.ati.com/ics/support/defa … deptID=894 for support, you will need to create an account to raise a ticket though.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland
chers for all the help guys. Altho I wont get a chance to do it today, cos I've been stuck in traffic for 4 hours n now I'm goin out with my girl. 2moro however we shall see
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

remember to get rid of your driver with "driver cleaner" first. Otherwise there is a high chance of it not working properly
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
bennisboy
+829|6655|Poundland

max wrote:

remember to get rid of your driver with "driver cleaner" first. Otherwise there is a high chance of it not working properly
yeah that was it, the old driver was clashing with the new one. cheers guys

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard