Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida
Isn't the though of losing one of your parents the worst thing ever?
Oh its so terrible to think of. Losing my father would be the worst thing imaginable.
15 more years! 15 more years!
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6394|New York
Agreed.

I'm fairly certain I'm going to be saddened for quite a while when this happens.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6454

Oh, every time I think about this, I am like "damnit, why this must happen?"
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6485|Sheffield-England
My friend lost his Mum to cancer last year... poor guy, I'd hate it to happen to me
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6573|NYC / Hamburg

Agree, that would be terrible.

But I'm an optimist: If my parents die, I won't have to go to university/work anymore. Retirement at 18 FTW!
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6630|Birmingham, UK
I'd probably go into a deep state of meditation which I'm prone to at the moment...
And slight depression, most likely.
I'll probably sing this song...
Although it seems sad, it always seems to comfort me a little...
Losing anyone is a sad thing, but life goes on and they would have wanted you to continue to be the best that you could be.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

max wrote:

But I'm an optimist: If my parents die, I won't have to go to university/work anymore. Retirement at 18 FTW!
Yeah but to me my parents mean so much more then money. Im sure they do to you also.
If you had the choice, either Keep all the inharent money, or give it all away and your parents live longer, which would you choose
Nintendogamer
+72|6593|Chelmsford, UK
Kid at school's dad died, hes gone mad kind of........everyone picks on him teases him calls him retard and stuff. apparently he walked in on his dad shooting himself, others say his dad died in a motorbike crash, but he says his dad died of cancer.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6242|Uk

TheDarkRaven wrote:

I'll probably sing this song...
id probably do the same sort of thing, id be depressed for ages, but id be singing/listening to the song come back by pearl jam...although the message might depress me more on second thoughts
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6273|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
I lost one of my parents....

but then I tried to think where I was when I last saw them. They're always in the last place you look arn't they?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6668|USA
Nah. Im sure its the easiest thing in the world.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6630|Birmingham, UK

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

I lost one of my parents....

but then I tried to think where I was when I last saw them. They're always in the last place you look arn't they?
Because when you find them, you stop looking...
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas
My Mom died last year on March 1st.   Sucked for a few months, got better.  Still sad about it but life goes on, you can sit and grieve or you can just acknowledge that they are in a better place and without pain.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

Cougar wrote:

My Mom died last year on March 1st.   Sucked for a few months, got better.  Still sad about it but life goes on, you can sit and grieve or you can just acknowledge that they are in a better place and without pain.
But thats the thing, they dont go to a better place, they go to a place were all brain activity ceaces and you no longer function at all.
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

But thats the thing, they dont go to a better place, they go to a place were all brain activity ceaces and you no longer function at all.
Know that for a fact?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

So whats the problem then?  They are in a place where they feel no pain and are unable to care about being dead.

As opposed to being in immense pain, which would you prefer?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

Cougar wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

So whats the problem then?  They are in a place where they feel no pain and are unable to care about being dead.

(for me)Completely honestly, pain. Tho i would have to experience it.

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-05-24 09:02:57)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6573|NYC / Hamburg

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

max wrote:

Yeah but to me my parents mean so much more then money. Im sure they do to you also.
If you had the choice, either Keep all the inharent money, or give it all away and your parents live longer, which would you choose
True that, but as I said, I'm an optimist. I try to make the best of the situation, no matter how crap it is.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

I think in the situation of extreme amounts of un-relenting pain that have no chance of subsiding, you would reconsider.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6626|London, England
*Derails thread by blowing up tracks*

I think of "life" being like energy or light. Can't be destroyed. Can't be created. Just changes from one form to another. Thinking like that, i reckon that the whole re-incarnation thing might have some ground. As everything in the universe is constant (how can it not be), who's to say that "life" isn't. So the worlds population is growing, what's to say that something else in the universe isn't dying out to balance it out. You can't just make something "new" as it's impossible. There has to be some sort of dodgy thing going on about the whole life thing. We'll experience it when we die.
TGMaverick
+16|6236
My mom passed away when I was 16 (I'm 28 now).  She fought leukemia for 4 years before finally succumbing to it.  Afterwards, it sucked for a while, but you eventually accept it and move on.  From time to time I miss her, as there are times that you just want to talk to Mom.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

Cougar wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

I think in the situation of extreme amounts of un-relenting pain that have no chance of subsiding, you would reconsider.
Ehh that sucks. I guess so.

Was this what your mom was in? what was causing it?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6770|Dallas

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Lung Cancer.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6531|South Florida

Cougar wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Lung Cancer.

God i've got to get my parents to stop smoking.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6668|USA

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Lung Cancer.

God i've got to get my parents to stop smoking.
Good idea. Though you don't have to smoke to get lung cancer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard