TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

OK, basically I need to set up ftp access to some files for people at work, unfortunatly they arn't computer literate in the slightest so I'm having to simplify an already simple task), basically I need to get it down to the point where all they do is click an icon on the desktop and they get their files, the only part I can't think of a way of doing is automating the logon to our ftp server, I was trying to do it using the command line in the shortcut (like the BF2 auto login thing) but that failed.

Any of you resident boffins got any ideas (simple ones that don't require much work preferrably) as I'm half asleep and can't engage my brain.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-05-24 02:53:34)

B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6399|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
or You could get fired then you wont need to do it.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

How constructive, go home child.
P00R_M3
+19|6578|Yorkshire, England
Try the scripts at the bottom of this page... I haven't tried them and always had problems with autoftp, usually downloaded a free client and used that. - http://www.ss64.com/nt/ftp.html
Good luck.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

That should be a big help, ta.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

Can't you use msie (i.e. ftp://user:password@ftpserver/url-path)

A little more work, you can make an ftp script and have them put it their "send to" in their profile (assuming windows)

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-24 03:41:13)

EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6661

jsnipy wrote:

Can't you use msie (i.e. ftp://user:password@ftpserver/url-path)

A little more work, you can make an ftp script and have them put it their "send to" in their profile (assuming windows)
Ditto.

Create a shortcut in the form above.

ftp://bob:[email protected]/mysecretdirectory

This is a good example. (needs decompressing to your desktop.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6629|Mhz

I knew there would be something simple, I was about to start writing a php script for it lol.

Cheers guys does the job very nicely.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard