Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ya...who was pulling the strings on Trodpint?
What do you mean?
Bill was controlling Trodpint?
I guess we will never know.  What is fact is they had him dead to rights, but did not call in the strike because there was an aircraft at that camp registered to Jordan.
So they didn't use an air strike on him and ended the whole thing because the plane was only registered to Jordan? Stupid.

Last edited by Ryan (2007-05-23 16:55:07)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Ryan wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

What do you mean?
Bill was controlling Trodpint?
I guess we will never know.  What is fact is they had him dead to rights, but did not call in the strike because there was an aircraft at that camp registered to Jordan.
So they didn't use an air strike on him and ended the whole thing because the plane was only registered to Jordan?
If they had authorized the strike, and someone from the Royal family of Jordan was killed.........
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

So they didn't use an air strike on him and ended the whole thing because the plane was only registered to Jordan?
If they had authorized the strike, and someone from the Royal family of Jordan was killed.........
He still isn't a puppet.  And you are making assumptions, unless you know classified information, of course.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

sergeriver wrote:

And you are making assumptions, unless you know classified information, of course.
Wow...wouldn't be like this forum for me to do that would it?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

And you are making assumptions, unless you know classified information, of course.
Wow...wouldn't be like this forum for me to do that would it?
Lol.  Good comeback.  But Clinton never was a puppet, maybe he made some mistakes, but that's all.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
1. Bush didn't declare war on Iraq because of 9-11.

2. The president cannot declare war.  Congress does.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6300|Éire
Here's what I have observed about the Bush administration...

When I was growing up here in Ireland the US was always seen as our benevolent allies, the good guys. The American flag and anthem were seen as positive symbols of freedom. Clinton was met by 1000's of cheering Irish men and women when he arrived and the US image was on the whole very positive. ...and during this time the US were still fighting proxy wars, arming terrorist and guerilla groups and invading countries whose regimes they disagreed with.

Enter George Bush ...even with the tragedy of 9/11 he has managed to completely turn international and general opinion against the US. He is doing nothing worse than previous administrations but his 'bull in a China shop' attitude and technique have served to fully expose a pernicious US foreign policy that has always been present but many were blind to or at the very least willing to ignore.

Previous Presidents have done what Bush does much better. The US weren't hated as much here in Ireland even during the blood bath that was Vietnam. Bush has tried to achieve too much in too short a space of time. The International community has traditionally accepted the US' 'quietly aggressive' foreign policy in short bursts, Bush has pushed it too much during his terms.

Gotta go now, Ireland are playing Ecuador at soccer in New York, it's live on RTÉ 2, go on the boys in green!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Shhhhhhhhh
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6290

Ryan wrote:

But imagine if you were in his position right now.

You are appointed the position of President of the United States of America.
September 11th rolls around, and you must do something to save your country.
Full stop. Save my country from what exactly? The attack happened all ready by this point. This isn't a land war, it was four planes and then it was over. Done. There's no successive waves of planes coming.

Ryan wrote:

You declare war on Iraq and begin dumping the troops in there.
Sure, if maybe I was born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Since I wasn't, why the fuck would I declare war on Iraq? These guys were mostly Saudi nationals. Maybe I should get the Saudis on the phone and ask them why their people are crashing our planes into our buildings.

Ryan wrote:

Then we have all these people that hate Bush because of the way he is running our country.
Well he does seem to be doing a piss-poor job of it. I'm supposed to feel sorry for him because it's so tough? If he can't hack it, maybe he should've stuck to running other businesses into the ground instead of my country.

Ryan wrote:

Wouldn't you be the same if you ran it?
No.
But the problem is, to fix the problems I'd have to have started working on it about forty or more years since before I was born and I'd probably have gotten myself assassinated about 20 times by everybody from big business to the CIA in the process of screwing up their games, and I just don't have that kind of spare time.

Ryan wrote:

Maybe he doesn't have a choice (ironic). Maybe the best thing he can think of is to use instinct and fight back.
Yes, the best possible option for a president would be to just start swinging around like a drunk in a barfight. "Well one of these sons o' bitches hit me and eventually I'll hit the right one"

Ryan wrote:

So the next time you want to say "I hate Bush", just think about what you would be like if you were the president.
Right, because all of my statements on the governance of this nation are as simplistic and empty-headed as "I hate Bush." and I realistically believe that if I were in charge, somehow I alone would be able to correct this colossal mess of a government in four to eight years without ending up "dead of natural causes".

Ryan wrote:

Sure, you may say "I would run the country much better than he does, and I would be extracting the troops as we speak." But actions speak louder than words.
Lemme guess. Your local WalMart had a sale on false premises this week.

Look, I know it's a lot easier to deal with criticism of Bush if you just reduce it to the absurd "I hate Bush!" point. It's not that simple. Sure, maybe you can find some dumbass teenage Trustifarian who says that, since he hasn't put any more thought into it than "maybe I can get laid doing this". For every one of those, I can find you five who are on this side because they're sick of seeing Americans come home in caskets from yet another pointless war, because they're sick of watching their government construct a national security apparatus that would make the STASI jealous, because they're sick of their tax dollars subsidizing companies that are supposedly struggling while they're actually making record profits. They're sick of a president who claims to be a man of the people and an enemy of tyrants and despots while he's schmoozing with Saudi royals and allying this country with Eastern European dictators.

Well, looking at it that way, I can see why you'd choose to dumb it down to "I hate Bush.". The alternative contains a lot more disturbing questions.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina

ThomasMorgan wrote:

3-Congress sets a deadline for troops withdrawal.  And the president can veto it.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6716

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Please, wake up.  The man is a puppet and sucks big time.
Name one President / King / tribe Leader..etc who isn't?
King Louis XIV
Ryan
+1,230|6853|Alberta, Canada

I obviously know nothing about politics and war. I'll delete this now before I look like a major fool.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6290

sergeriver wrote:

Lol.  Good comeback.  But Clinton never was a puppet, maybe he made some mistakes, but that's all.
Gods, sergeriver, don't disappoint me by sticking up for Clinton. That man was not our friend. All he did was allow the Right to redefine where the Left begins. All he was was a centrist social conservative who tried to ape progressive talking points while doing little to live up to those ideals.
Commie Killer
+192|6397

RedTwizzler wrote:

EVieira wrote:

What do I care anyway, I just want cheap gas...
Eat at Taco Bell. (Punbelievable!)

If I was Bush, I'd stop policing the world and adopt an isolationist policy, something most every American wants.
You are basing this on what?
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Gods, sergeriver, don't disappoint me by sticking up for Clinton. That man was not our friend. All he did was allow the Right to redefine where the Left begins. All he was was a centrist social conservative who tried to ape progressive talking points while doing little to live up to those ideals.
I think he was a good president.  When was America better, with Bush or Clinton?  How was America's image around the globe under Clinton's administration?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

sergeriver wrote:

When was America better, with Bush or Clinton?
Washington
golgoj4
+51|6784|North Hollywood

Ryan wrote:

But imagine if you were in his position right now.

You are appointed the position of President of the United States of America.
September 11th rolls around, and you must do something to save your country.
You declare war on Iraq and begin dumping the troops in there.

Then we have all these people that hate Bush because of the way he is running our country.
Wouldn't you be the same if you ran it? Maybe he doesn't have a choice (ironic). Maybe the best thing he can think of is to use instinct and fight back.

So the next time you want to say "I hate Bush", just think about what you would be like if you were the president.

Sure, you may say "I would run the country much better than he does, and I would be extracting the troops as we speak." But actions speak louder than words.
September 11th 'rolls around'. maybe I just read too much tom clancy as a kid, but terrorism is important too me. Not so much to Bush before sept 11. Or rudy's dumbass who put the command center BACK in the WTC. After it had been attacked.

So assuming i miss all that. Imma get osama. And we aint going home till his head is on a pike. end of story. not going to iraq, not some other bs adventures. eyes on the prize.

call me crazy, but Im an American before any party. And whatever your views (except maybe neo-cons) you have to admit that Bush has take liberties with the capital he gained on 9/11. Personally, he went heavy into debt on that day. 7 minutes...

as for domestic policy, thats a different can of worms. But i would be pushing actual immigration reform and a national health care system.

just my 2 cents.

p.s. its probably good that im NOT President @ the moment cause im in favor of invading and annexing mexico.
golgoj4
+51|6784|North Hollywood

D6717C wrote:

I support him, but I think most of the younger poeple that are against him are doing so because it's trendy. They have no idea why, and don't take time to educate themselves to form their own opinion. Those are the people that really piss me off.
I would think as older and wiser you would have seen this game before. How old are you exactly? 26 here. Full Disclosure is Fun!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Washington
Present day.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Common mistake. The President can declare war in certain circumstances. Congress hasn't declared war since WWII. The Korean War, Vietnam, and the first Gulf War were not declared by Congress. The balance of power is in the form of funds to engage in conflict.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6290

sergeriver wrote:

I think he was a good president.  When was America better, with Bush or Clinton?  How was America's image around the globe under Clinton's administration?
We may have been slightly better off. Gas prices were lower. Job market was a little better. The religious right wasn't quite so bold and they were probably consuming antacids in record quantities, so that was good. Other than that it was business as usual; American corporate interests were still being looked after (NAFTA, "free trade", etc.), the intelligence arm of our government was still up to its usual dirty tricks in other countries, the people who wanted to punish the poor for their grievous sins were still being appeased (welfare "reform"), the people of Iraq were still paying the price for having a formerly US-supported tyrant for a leader. It all just had a progressive-friendly face on it. I stopped accepting things on face value a long time ago, no good comes of it.
Ironsteed
Fuck Shoes
+18|6481|North of Dallas
I don't hate Bush, I hate all politicians.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6432|California, US
I hate Bush
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Washington
Present day.
Cliton ain't present day brother.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6768|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Common mistake. The President can declare war in certain circumstances. Congress hasn't declared war since WWII. The Korean War, Vietnam, the first Gulf War were not declared by Congress. The balance of power is in the form of funds to engage in conflict.
But they needed the Congress authorization.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard