scousejohno
+0|6191
Been trying to sort a friends BF2 out:

His comments,

i am having trouble installing the patch 1.41 from a fresh install it gets to around 8% and comes up patch failed have D/L the patch from 3 different places checked the regedit had my anti-virus turned off lowered all the details in the game when when first installed have no idea what to try next except install patch 1.3 the update the patch to 1.41 and c does this work....any help or ideas guys as i dont have a clue whats up.......

We have also tried the following:

We have tried patches from various locations

We have tried installing with modified registry

Tried with no firewall or av running

Tried with original game settings on low, then tried to install

Removed any folders relating to BF2 on the entire system, reinstalled and still no luck.

Used Warlords tech FAQ and still wont work

Tried IE and firefox for the patch downloads

Really stuck now and this is becoming very frustrating. Could anybody suggest anything apart from reformatiing.

We have also made a new website at www.bodybags-uk.com feel free to drop by and have a look.
scousejohno
+0|6191
Problem solved.

Faulty ram!
Crazy-Madness
+8|6491
yea at least i world say  it caused by hardware
scousejohno
+0|6191
placed new ram in this morning and the problem still exists :oooops:
Fateless
+36|6249|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Sometimes it just stalls for a while, just try leaving it for a bit.

Fateless
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6496|Kamloops, BC Canada
I had to turn off everything I could... (like any background program including anti-virus) AND I had to disconnect from the internet (either unplug or disable)
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

wheres avoski these days still in bbuk ?
scousejohno
+0|6191
Yup avoski is still with us all at =BBUK=.

Yesterday i tried tons of things to get his game going, removing ram, disabling all start up applications in msconfig etc.

Installed on a laptop, patched it then copied all the files to cd and then copied onto the tower.

Now it says invalid cd key, which i half expected as the registry will need updating to reflect the changes that should be made by 1.41

Patch wont install now, as it gives the error message, cannot find bf2 drive, not enough room etc

tbh its fast becoming a total fucking joke! after spending 6+ hours on it yesterday for him!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard