TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6458|Brisbane, Australia

Well, it is the day.

The first State of Origin is on tonight. Who will win?

QUEENSLAND!

for the aussies, post here and show your support.

for the others, knock yourselves out.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
twiistaaa
+87|6687|mexico
queensland. i prefer to go for the team that everyone else (here) is against. but ive followed broncos since i was little so i suppose its sorta legit.

who do you think will win between knights and broncos this week?
TimmmmaaaaH

twiistaaa wrote:

who do you think will win between knights and broncos this week?
I would like to think Broncos, as that's who I go for, and we pay out our friend at school who is NSW and knights..........

but tbh I am not sure what brisbane will do, sometimes they will perform, sometimes not.
pj666
+16|6384|Sydney, Australia
Queensland will win it, damn you cane toads.

Broncos over Knights. Bronocs tend to handle the Origin pressures well. The Knights will rely on Mullen too much and he has never backed up from an origin before.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6341|Orrstrayleea

pj666 wrote:

Queensland will win it, damn you cane toads.

Broncos over Knights. Bronocs tend to handle the Origin pressures well. The Knights will rely on Mullen too much and he has never backed up from an origin before.
lol, i heard a joke about cane toads today;

Whats big, black and fucks cane toads?
The tire of a semi

On topic: Im an aussie but i follow AFL
TimmmmaaaaH

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

On topic: Im an aussie but i follow AFL
GET OUT!!

jks
pj666
+16|6384|Sydney, Australia
I'm a union and football supporter, but follow the Tiges in the league.

But I'll always support the Blues against those banjo playing, inbred rednecks from the north ....

Now I've got to to watch both the Origin and Sydney FC paying Urawa in the Asian Champions League tonight. Could be a fight with the wife coming ....
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6674|Brisbane, Australia

QLD Represent.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6538|Adelaide, South Australia

Should've been a poll...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6640|Gold coast, Aus.
look, it boils down to this....

I live in NSW therefore we win.
TimmmmaaaaH

gene_pool wrote:

look, it boils down to this....

I live in NSW therefore we win.
*cough*

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Should've been a poll...
i guess
xtreme
+0|6392
Nsw Ftw
Hawk390
+27|6662|Melbourne, Australia
NSW FTW! though i think QLD will win unfortunately, bastards.....

And though i live in melb, im enlightened, i know rugby is the greatest sport. Pff, AFL. so crap compared to RUGBY! hells yeah
xtreme
+0|6392
lol soccer owns rugby thats why its called the world game

Last edited by xtreme (2007-05-23 02:45:34)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

xtreme wrote:

How does soccer "own" rugby exactly?
twiistaaa
+87|6687|mexico

xtreme wrote:

its the world game because its probably one of the oldest, and cheapest to play.

rugby is the real, best game.

also qld one it. fuck yeah!!! i think broncos will win it now,

is gidley out?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6482|Tyne & Wear, England
Newcastle!!!  (The English version however, sorry for the Hijack )
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735
Qld!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6683|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sarrk wrote:

xtreme wrote:

Rugby was invented during a football game and union is a direct derivative of football (soccer to the idiots who insist on referring to it by the wrong name)...

League is a direct derivative of union and thus also a derivative of the game known as football.

You could call union and league the football equivalent of BF2's 1.2 and 1.21 patches. Except Union is better than League. Upon reconsideration, Union and League could be considered 1.4 and 1.41 due to the quality of play.

AFL is 1.3 (so royally fucked beyond recognition or goodness that it is unplayable... )...

American Football could be considered SF; really popular among a certain crowd (Americans... Sorry but there are very, very few "Grid Iron" fans anywhere else on Earth.)...

Football (or soccer for the retards) is the original and the best... IF IT IS BEING PLAYED PROPERLY AND NOT IN THE PANSY ASS FASHION THAT THE ITALIANS STARTED... "Oh noes he hurts my toe! " Nonsense... My father shattered 2 ankles, a shin and something like 40 toes (other peoples, only injury he took was he did an ankle in at one stage) when he used to play football in a local comp in Victoria. That was before insurance prices skyrocketed. All were accepted as valid accidents and such. People just got on with it. Still not sure how you would play football with a broken toe but I've seen people do it several times when I used to play. Nasty when they take their boots off though. Demeted toes that are all purple and swollen from bruises. The only broken shin I've seen was disgusting though... Argh, poor bastard.

Last edited by Flecco (2007-05-23 05:59:04)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6700|Disaster Free Zone

Flecco wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

xtreme wrote:

Rugby was invented during a football game and union is a direct derivative of football (soccer to the idiots who insist on referring to it by the wrong name)...
Both games where being played under the 'name' football in england in the early 1800s. The problem was there were so many differing versions of the game different clubs (areas) could not play against each other so in 1863 a committee was held to determine a general set of rules for all clubs to follow. There were basically 2 different camps, the 'soccer' and the 'rugby' side and in the end the 'soccer' side won the right to there interpretation of the rules. A couple of years later the 'rugby' camp came out with there version of the game and named it rugby. The whole 'someone picked up the ball in a football match and ran with it', is a myth and there is no proof to it ever existing'. So Rugby is not derivative, but a different interpretation. One game did not come from the other.

League is a direct derivative of union and thus also a derivative of the game known as football.
I don't know all the facts, except Union did exist before league so I can only come to the conclusion it is a derivative of Union but not of 'football'

AFL is 1.3 (so royally fucked beyond recognition or goodness that it is unplayable... )...
Completely and utterly wrong. Firstly the game was invented in 1840 and proper rules made in 1859, before the rules of 'football' were officially decided on in 1863. Secondly the game has little to no resemblance to Rugby or football. And as to your personal opinion thats all it is. As is mine when I say it is my far the greatest football code to exist on this planet, which takes the best parts of strength, tactics and skill to deliver a non stop action packed football game.
Saying all that I enjoy watching most forms of football (excluding that Gridiron ****) for the differing styles and skills required. I played AFL for over 10 years for my local club, played soccer for the school team and rugby/touch footy a lot with friends. And I can unbiasedly say AFL is by the toughest/hardest of the 3. Soccer takes a lot of foot coordination, and rugby was just a different kind of fun. But for me (and it wont be for everyone) AFL is by far my favourite code of football to play and watch.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2007-05-23 06:54:57)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

I actually find that AFL is pretty fun to watch, its nice and continous action unlike League in where it stops. However, it depends on the time and the place, I'd watch League/Union with mates over AFL.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6505|Melbourne

I watched a bit of the end of it.  NSW won.  GG them.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6538|Adelaide, South Australia

Flecco wrote:

This is truer than you think: Channel 10 has died at least three times while broadcasting AFL games...
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Flecco wrote:

This is truer than you think: Channel 10 has died at least three times while broadcasting AFL games...
Yeah, but Ch 10 is a fucking shit filled hole and I would hope that the entire station burned to the ground killing EVERYONE. Yeah, House and NCIS are good, but I can get the episodes off the net.
TimmmmaaaaH

R3v4n wrote:

I watched a bit of the end of it.  NSW won.  GG them.
I think you watched the wrong game

QLD won 25-18.......

Sarrk wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Yeah, but Ch 10 is a fucking shit filled hole and I would hope that the entire station burned to the ground killing EVERYONE. Yeah, House and NCIS are good, but I can get the episodes off the net.
but what about big brother, that show is great!

/sarcasm

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2007-05-23 23:05:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard