Ratzinger
+43|6407|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

RedTwizzler wrote:

Doesn't matter, I can live without alcohal.

If they don't sell ALCOHOL on Sundays, though, I'd be pissed.
No, you wouldn't.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6789|Noizyland

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Because the blind close-minded faith-entranced fact-less god zombies feel that that day is more special because a book written 2000 years ago says that a magical being created the earth and rested on the 7th day of the week.
I'm sure that on his one-day rest that God didn't have a beer either. Yeah right.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
CameronPoe
+2,925|6570
There are only two days in the entire calendar where alcohol cannot be bought or sold in Ireland: Good Friday and Christmas Day - and I'd say more alcohol gets drank on those days than in the entire months in which they lie...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-05-21 01:09:53)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6565|CH/BR - in UK

DesertFox- wrote:

If you're old enough to drink, you're just learning this now---why?

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Because the blind close-minded faith-entranced fact-less god zombies feel that that day is more special because a book written 2000 years ago says that a magical being created the earth and rested on the 7th day of the week.
Just as well, drinking causes you to become a bigot apparently.

What does alcohol do for you? The detrimental effects far outweigh any seemingly positive things that can come from it.
Apparently, according to the weed smokers on this forum, this doesn't matter as it's personal choice xD
I don't get why they don't sell alcohol on Sunday, but I see no reason to complain. If you want to drink, stock up. If you don't, don't... Where's the problem? It's not as if you couldn't buy in advance.

-konfusion
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6534|Πάϊ
This is unthinkable. If anyone tried to pull this crap around here there'd be riots.
ƒ³
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6794|Great Brown North
alcohol*  seems like you found some anyway

why havent you been on TS lately bastard face  >.< you're funny when you're drunk
JahManRed
wank
+646|6643|IRELAND

Never had any problems here. There are 2 bars in my town who have been open for 23hours a day 365days a year (close an hour for cleaning) through all the laws, as long as I remember.
We have dial a drink ffs. One phone call and booze turns up at your door, no matter what time of the day.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6664

JahManRed wrote:

Never had any problems here. There are 2 bars in my town who have been open for 23hours a day 365days a year (close an hour for cleaning) through all the laws, as long as I remember.
We have dial a drink ffs. One phone call and booze turns up at your door, no matter what time of the day.
Now that is a sign of a great nation!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

There are only two days in the entire calendar where alcohol cannot be bought or sold in Ireland: Good Friday and Christmas Day - and I'd say more alcohol gets drank on those days than in the entire months in which they lie...
There are no days which alcohol cannot be bought and sold in the UK. I've bought alcohol on Christmas day before (and they say having lots of Muslims in the country is a bad thing, they, along with a number of Hindus and Sikhs, keep corner shops running all the time, it's great) and Good Friday isn't that big a deal over here.

I find it bad enough that the shops close early on Sundays. I hate Sundays.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-05-21 07:21:21)

TheLostOne
+11|6527

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6565|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Sweden is the worst.  I lived there and you can only get alcohol from outlets run by the government and they are closed most of the time.

We used to have all sorts of laws on drinking but since the 24hr licenses came you can get it at any time and any day from a big supermartket with an all day license.  The shops still have restrictions on their Sunday opening hours though...
chittydog
less busy
+586|6850|Kubra, Damn it!

If you're too drunk to spell alcohol, maybe you don't need to buy more on Sunday.

The problem in the US is that our country was founded by the Puritans, who left England for the "freedom" to practice the most restrictive, oppressive form of Christianity there is. Hundreds of years later, we're still a very conservative country and have lots of silly laws left over from the (not so) good old days.

Last edited by chittydog (2007-05-21 08:38:26)

SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6575|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
well if you know its closed then plan ahead.. ohh yeah your a drunk, therefore not too smart i forget those details... sorry to hear about your alcoholism maybe you should get some help
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England
Where's fadedsteve

Steve, your country is being taken over by Islam. Look! First they ban it on Sundays, next thing you know it's totally banned and then all of a sudden you're being stoned! Watch out fade, Islam is taking over your country. Infact the U.S.A is already the Islamic Republic of Mexico.

Annoying, isn't it?

Also highlights the similaritys between those Middle Eastern bullshit religions.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6751|Salt Lake City

Wow, those are some pretty strange laws.  I can buy beer from 7AM to 2AM, 7 days a week.  It is available in every grocery and convenience store.  However, to get hard liquor you have to go to a state run liquor store, and that is closed on Sunday.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6716|Little Rock, Arkansas
How about this: I live in Arkansas.
  • No beer, wine, or liquor retail sales on Sunday. Period. Liquor, beer, and wine may be ordered at a restaurant (on Sunday), as long as you are also ordering an entree.
  • All bars open to the public are closed on Sunday. Private clubs may be open on Sunday, providing their specific liquor permit allows it.
  • I live in a dry county. No alcohol retail sales. Period. No bars open to the public. Period. No restaurants open to the public. A restaurant that is a private club may serve alcohol.
  • An entity (person or corporation) may not own more than one retail liquor store.
  • Gas stations and grocery stores, providing they are permitted, and in a wet county, may sell beer, and wine manufactured in the state of Arkansas. Other wines, and liquor, must be purchased in a retail liquor store.
  • Dry counties may pass ordances limiting the possession of alcohol. I.e. no more than 1 gallon beer, one gallon liquor, one gallon wine per person.

As you can imagine, I belong to a LOT of private clubs. I think 12, at last count.
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6377|Vancouver
Try Vancouver. Alcohol available at any time, except holidays.

Although, Canada only rid ourselves of Lord's Day laws banning Sunday shopping in 1985. Nova Scotia still remains a place illegal to shop on Sunday. I wouldn't stand for that crap.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6460|The Land of Scott Walker
You're all wrong, God invented beer.  Humans came up with the stupid rules.  As konfusion said, just stock up ahead of time. 
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6483
What a practical reason?

Because if people get shitfaced drunk and thus hungover they won't go to work on the following Monday.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6360|Twyford, UK
What? Yes they do.

Oh. American. Yeah, that's because you're governed by fundamentalist nutjobs.
SO glad we shipped them off like that. Bit of a shame they actually MADE it and survived the first few winters, though...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6776

Skorpy-chan wrote:

SO glad we shipped them off like that. Bit of a shame they actually MADE it and survived the first few winters, though...
Who did you ship off?  The people starving the Irish to death?
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6294

Skorpy-chan wrote:

What? Yes they do.

Oh. American. Yeah, that's because you're governed by fundamentalist nutjobs.
Imagine how the aboriginals must've been kicking themselves for helping them survive those winters once they got a good dose of their "gratitude".
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6667
fuck the law. monday nights can be the killer dipite the sunday speedbumb god damnit.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6699

Stingray24 wrote:

You're all wrong, God invented beer.  Humans came up with the stupid rules.  As konfusion said, just stock up ahead of time. 
https://media.brainwashed.com/brain/images/yahoo.jpg

Actually it was Young Einstein...Go Tasmania Go!

Last edited by 462nd NSP653 (2007-05-21 21:13:47)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6660

Invaderzim wrote:

lol, no alocohol on Sundays! FUCK THAT! I dont think it would bother me anyway as I buy all my alcohol in bulk.
yeah thats retarded lol no alcohol on Sunday, thats why I always have extra bulk of alcohol ready to go.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard