+628|6751|Chicago.
Who? Where? Why?

Details man.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6653

BigmacK wrote:

Who? Where? Why?

Details man.
Well for one what if the weekend warrior runs out of beer on saturday night and needs a few after a hard days work on whatever project their workin on? Or what about our football fans? You have a few people over and you got only half a case left. Theres a big problem there if this runs out 1/4 of the way into the football game. Your just SOL.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2007-05-20 20:06:56)

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida
Because the blind close-minded faith-entranced fact-less god zombies feel that that day is more special because a book written 2000 years ago says that a magical being created the earth and rested on the 7th day of the week.
15 more years! 15 more years!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Because the blind close-minded faith-entranced fact-less god zombies feel that that day is more special because a book written 2000 years ago says that a magical being created the earth and rested on the 7th day of the week.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
They tried that here in AUS but it didnt work, people just stocked up on saturdays instead
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6653

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Interesting point. So i wonder why the lawmakers would feel that way when the ten commandments aint even allowed in public view.
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6449|Newcastle NSW Australia
lol, no alocohol on Sundays! FUCK THAT! I dont think it would bother me anyway as I buy all my alcohol in bulk.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

Why? So you don't get in a crash on the way to late night church. ()
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida

Drunken_Tankdriver wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Interesting point. So i wonder why the lawmakers would feel that way when the ten commandments aint even allowed in public view.
Because religion is corrupt
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6538|Chicago
Doesn't matter, I can live without alcohal.

If they don't sell ALCOHOL on Sundays, though, I'd be pissed.

Grammar Nazism FTW.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
WTF! Trying to remove the right to some1 the right to drink alchool is inhuman!

We all know that alchool is one of the reward god (if he does exist) put on the earth so we can relax a little.

And if my post dont make sense its normal...im currently drinkin so!
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

srsly, +1
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
If you're old enough to drink, you're just learning this now---why?

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Just as well, drinking causes you to become a bigot apparently.

What does alcohol do for you? The detrimental effects far outweigh any seemingly positive things that can come from it.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2007-05-20 20:22:05)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

srsly, +1
ty ty tyvm
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6280

Wonder why? I think its bullshit.

Discuss.
They're some of the last remnants of the "Blue Laws", religious moral strictures written into our laws back when it was easier to get away with it. It's really a sad commentary on our society that they've managed to survive all the way into the 21st century.
wachtler83
+22|6587|Columbus,Ohio
i think you can buy beer just not hard liquor
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

I will add something to this.

When I went to A&P school in Pittsburgh, I had to move from Cleveland.  I had to do it myself, so by the end of the day I was beat.  I went to the 7-11 for some beer.  I could not find any.  I went to the grocery store, could not find any.  I asked the kid at the checkout counter, he said the only place to buy beer is a bar or beer distributor.  WTF? 

All I wanted was a six pack, instead I was forced to buy a case.  GJ government.
13rin
+977|6480

Wonder why? I think its bullshit.

Discuss.
Considering that the US was founded by very religious people who found the Sabbath a holy day of rest, it isn't much of a surprise.

BTW you can buy booze here in Leon County, FL on Sunday.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6443|SoCal
Whether it's a mandate or not, some places will continue to keep Sunday a "dry" day, because of their beliefs.  In my opinion, a day of rest generally includes alcohol.

Long Saturday nights need to include Sunday Funday!
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6571|United States
Sundays are the same as any day of the week here. Beer is sold on Sunday, but liquor isn't.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

They don't sell it till 1:00 pm here.
Just in time for the football games.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6653
Sounds like florida is a cool state.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6613|balls
afirm, not till after 12:00/noon.  and not after 9:00pm where i live.  really gay for us 2nd shifters who like to buy a few after a long day of work.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

I've ran into places where they won't sell alcohol past 2am on a weeknight. Guess they don't want people getting wasted before work the next day...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard