Special_ops_3
Dolphin Diver
+37|6507|The Sky
No, I think bf2 is better than 2142.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
do you have BF2?

If yes get 2142, you will probably enjoy it.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6749|Chicago.
2142 is an aquired taste. I, personally, would rather spend my time playing BF2. I thought 2142 was too simplified.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

its a split decision amoungest everyone ..............   me - I like it and it was worth the buy (even though I got it for $25 )
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6528

nah not really, I was playing 2142 yesterday, hadnt played it in awhile, and it didnt feel as fun as bf2. In bf2 it feels like when you kill someone its much more satisfying than in 2142.

my 2 cents
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6629|New Hampshire, USA
BF2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2142

I played 2142 for a couple weeks, but I stopped cause I realised how much better BF2 was
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6298
bf2 over 2142
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6635|USA
is it alot like starwars or halo?
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

If you do not own either one, get BF2, preferable something that gives all of the packs + special forces addon. I like 2142, but it does not have the real deal feel of bf2.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6635|USA
dude look at my sig i have bf2 im a GySgt....
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

elite3444 wrote:

dude look at my sig i have bf2 im a GySgt....
I'm dumb

If you are bored with BF2, 2142 is fun (caveat as long as flying is not what you most like, then you will be disapointed). But by looking at you awards ... you cannot be bored at this point. Special Forces is probably a better buy.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-20 19:00:08)

Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6555|Brisbane, Aus

BigmacK wrote:

2142 is an aquired taste. I, personally, would rather spend my time playing BF2. I thought 2142 was too simplified.
^exactly. If you wanna see if you'd like it download the demo (should be at least one demo server out there, there's still BF2 demo servers alive.)

But if you like:

Powerful anti tank guns
motion mines
UAV's and detectors basicly everywhere
gun drones to do fighting for you
3 use Defribulator (don't worry it'll recharge after 3 lol)
If you think the word 'Krylov' is teh secky, you should see it with Rockets
Transports that don't have nerfed guns, yet
PODS!! omg
Walkers
Easiest sniper's to use I've seen in the battlefield series
More squad play (can be good, can be bad, but Just being in a squad gets you more points)
Active camouflage (sucks but, it exists)
Claymores that don't explode your friends anymore (thank you patches)
Very easy rank system
If you want more humiliation than just sticking the knife in, you get tags forever too.

Although be warned about the negatives:

You WILL need a pretty fast PC to handle it & have good gameplay

Titan mode can/will cause Massive lag

Enemy titans will be crawling with Drones/mines/RDX/medics/Support so you'll prolly die wondering what happened at first lol.

Sometimes with high ping/just general lag, when you die you'll sink into the ground (you can partially look around) and you won't be able to spawn until you completely die (This is the worst looking thing I've seen in 2142).

Most hit detection is much better than BF2 bar the knife, my record is 32 hits no kill (unranked K&P server don't worry lol)

All the Asshats you faced in BF2 before 2142 came along, thats where they are.

So in the end, only you can decide to join the lag fest lol.

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-05-20 19:09:12)

stratozyck
+35|6630
Great thread - I was sitting on the fence now I am def sticking with Bf2.  Active Camo?? wtf?  Drones doing fighting?? Yeah def not for me.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

Get both and be a happy person.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Tetn1s
+59|6640|Los Angeles
I always wondered this, but I think that most people would play bf2142 if it came out before bf2. just a sign that people want to continue playing a game they have already started then start a fresh new start with a different setup. I have no suggestions, but choose wisely on which one you want. When you pick one, you will most likely not like the other.

Last edited by Ned_Z (2007-05-20 20:59:17)

Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6559|Australia, NSW
i actually prefer 2142 for infantry much more than bf2.. rather than lay point and click, you actually have to aim.  also gunships are really fun to fly around, but i think i was much more addicted to jets and choppers in bf2 back when i was playing bf2 everyday

now i mostly play 2142 for conquest and a few gunship titan rounds, and only play bf2 when clanmates are in
Commando
+8|6600

Ned_Z wrote:

I always wondered this, but I think that most people would play bf2142 if it came out before bf2. just a sign that people want to continue playing a game they have already started then start a fresh new start with a different setup. I have no suggestions, but choose wisely on which one you want. When you pick one, you will most likely not like the other.
Im the opposite. Im dying for a new game. BF2 and 2142 are getting very very stale for me

2142 is great, so is BF2. Either way you will get your moneys worth
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6682
Too much lag and weirdness in 2142 for my taste.  Also, it is really random even amongst the same server...some rounds you can't seem to miss and others, you can't be missed.

I personally like the stability and consistency of BF2.  Yes, I actually said that.

Also, I've said it before, not being an air jock, I REALLY like how air power in 2142 is not supreme.  In fact, unless you're a good pilot, it's quite feeble.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6568|United States
BF2 > BF2142

No contest. Don't waste your money.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6629|New Hampshire, USA

elite3444 wrote:

is BF2142 worth buying over playing BF2?

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

No
Yeah... I sooo went there
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6828|Denver colorado
No.

The only reason you should buy it is if you only play battlefield games and your bored as hell with bf2. Or if your bad at bf2. That too.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6531|Columbus, OH
its worth buying, but don't give up bf2.
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6313
if you want the truth , i have played Bf2 for almost 2 years and Bf2142 for a good 6 months.

BF2142 plays like BF 2.142. Get the idea, if you dont , it means that that BF2142 plays more like a MOD than an original game. every game reviewer, video game master, professional will tell you this.

BF2142 lacks in originality, I played BF2 for the first time 2 years ago and it was addictive. IT got me out of WoW for sure. 2142 lacks that originality kick thats for sure.

THe unlock system for 2142 is the highlight if not the only strong point of the game. after six months and over half the unlocks done, i am bored to death with the game especially when i play all the classes.

i think 2142 could have been more futuristic enough, 2142 hitboxes are totally off thats for sure..

I remember the first time I played BF2 and BF2142 6 months ago. i can tell you right now, BF2 has more excitement than 2142 on release day.
bigdroo
+7|6425|Yooahss-ayy!
BF2142 is a nice game, but it's hard to beat the game play of BF2. I personally had a little trouble adjusting to 2142. The graphics are... distracting.

Now are you missing anything by not having 2142? Well, yes, but you'll likely keep playing BF2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard