Melmax
+2|6748
I've searched the site but cant find anything on this.

Recently i cant find a lot of servers to play on. I used to always find about 300-400 servers and i could pick a nice one... almost full, low ping, nice map etc.

Now i formatted my comp, reinstalled BF2, ran bf2_patch_103 and bf2_patch_112. I am currently only able to find about 30-40 servers to play on.... most have a high ping or only 10 players. I can still play, but it used to be way better.

The internet filters i use (and always used) are everything checked cept for the Battlecommo and No Password. Also only the medium maps are checked.

Why can i only find so few servers to play on now? When i uncheck Same Version Only and Same Mod i still can only find 30-40 servers...
Did i do something wrong with installing the updates? Any help is greatly appreciated!
pasthebiscuits
+2|6837|Redcar, England
i cant find anything at all tonight!
Jamalen
+2|6755|Shetland Islands
Nope, it was fine a couple of hours ago, but I have tried just now and ZERO servers?!?
schirmer14
+0|6774
Whats happend ?? 0000000 Servers
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6732|The Netherlands
same here, i ve managed to find a server in favorites tho and played a round but my normal internet server list is kinda empty...

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-12 12:58:25)

BLACKCODE
+1|6741|Germany
i think EA is making something on the server, casue I cant find 1 2, i only can join per favorits, and in Battlefield Vietnam i cant find a server 2
JohnnyChingaz
+0|6742
Glad its not only me...i only get like 2 rank and 4 unranks
kfirus
+0|6724
same thing happend 2 me.... i read about it . the guys here said that its problem on E.A ... its not from us.!!
CenTex19D
+0|6767
happening to me too, can play on favorite servers though
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6801|out of orbit
Why does this always happen when i actually have the TIME to play?!?

...but i see its a global problem...

Im sure my favourites list is going to become MUCH bigger the next days...

Glad i only buyed only 1 game from EA...

Damn...it was Batllefield1942,Road to Rome,Battlefield Vietnam,Battlefield 2 AND Special forces!!!
I want my game to work!!
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6799|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
favorites and connect to ip's only here
shroombaker
+0|6723
I just tried to ping the PunkBuster servers to see if EvenBalance is the problem.  The results (ie: not good!)

PBWEB v2.2
This program is (C) Copyright 2002-2005 by Even Balance, Inc., All Rights Reserv
ed.

pbweb must be launched from the home "pb" folder where the game is installed.
If launched from another location, pbweb will not be able to update PunkBuster.

If you experience a problem with this program, please visit our support center
at http://www.evenbalance.com.

Starting pbweb to check for PunkBuster updates via world wide web
Initializing ... (please wait - ctrl+c to cancel)
Resolving www.evenbalance.com
Resolved to 69.44.156.109
Checking for PB Client updates
Game: bf2
Attempting to download pbsec.htm (please wait)

**ERROR Timed Out Receiving File pbsec.htm

** ERROR: File Not Found (pbsec.htm)

Checking for PB Server updates
Game: bf2
Attempting to download pbsecsv.htm (please wait)

**ERROR Timed Out Receiving File pbsecsv.htm

** ERROR: File Not Found (pbsecsv.htm)

Press a key to exit
bs6749
+3|6756
The problem is that you have "too many of the filters" checked. I read this on the Battlefield 2 Support page or something. It says check 6 at most to avoid problems. Personnally I have had problems with 5 checked. Anyway, what you need to do is uncheck all of the servers after you have logged in. Then log out and log back in. None of the server filters should be checked. You most likely won't see any servers (or not many). Next shut the game down and then start it back up. Once you log on you should have all of the servers that are currently availble. NOW, if you want check up to 6 servers. It is recommended that you DON"T CHECK THE MAP SIZE FILTERS. This will save you a couple of checks. If none are checked it searches for all of the sizes. Currently I believe I have Punkbuster, Same Mod, Same Version, Populated, Not Full all checked but I could be wrong. It is easy to sort through the different map sizes once you get all of the servers appearing. Let me know if this works out for you.
shroombaker
+0|6723
This isn't the problem.  Some servers are coming back online now.  It was a problem either on EA or PunkBuster's end.

bs6749 wrote:

The problem is that you have "too many of the filters" checked. I read this on the Battlefield 2 Support page or something. It says check 6 at most to avoid problems. Personnally I have had problems with 5 checked. Anyway, what you need to do is uncheck all of the servers after you have logged in. Then log out and log back in. None of the server filters should be checked. You most likely won't see any servers (or not many). Next shut the game down and then start it back up. Once you log on you should have all of the servers that are currently availble. NOW, if you want check up to 6 servers. It is recommended that you DON"T CHECK THE MAP SIZE FILTERS. This will save you a couple of checks. If none are checked it searches for all of the sizes. Currently I believe I have Punkbuster, Same Mod, Same Version, Populated, Not Full all checked but I could be wrong. It is easy to sort through the different map sizes once you get all of the servers appearing. Let me know if this works out for you.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6798|Bulgaria
I have the same problem!!!!!
Only the "favorites" list is OK!
Help!
Echo
WOoKie
i can see some servers now but they all seem either full or empty, back to the favorites
eatmywheaties
+2|6770
could it be because the 'nilla players can't play on servers that cycle with SF maps?  Ea doing some kind of convergence to their server system?
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6776|mansfield
yet again a fuck up by EA. thanks EA you are brill

lol
pasthebiscuits
+2|6837|Redcar, England
Nice to see EA have come out and put our minds at ease by posting ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!
revolution.inc
Pass
+35|6783|Phoenix, Az

Melmax wrote:

I've searched the site but cant find anything on this.

Recently i cant find a lot of servers to play on. I used to always find about 300-400 servers and i could pick a nice one... almost full, low ping, nice map etc.

Now i formatted my comp, reinstalled BF2, ran bf2_patch_103 and bf2_patch_112. I am currently only able to find about 30-40 servers to play on.... most have a high ping or only 10 players. I can still play, but it used to be way better.

The internet filters i use (and always used) are everything checked cept for the Battlecommo and No Password. Also only the medium maps are checked.

Why can i only find so few servers to play on now? When i uncheck Same Version Only and Same Mod i still can only find 30-40 servers...
Did i do something wrong with installing the updates? Any help is greatly appreciated!
wow.. just chill for a while dont do all that shit.... geez
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6800|England
I don’t actually care that there’s a problem, I know that its understandable that with such a big game its not going to work 100% 24/7.
What annoys me is that EA don’t publicly acknowledge the problem and give us some form of indication that they are actually working on this. I mean how long would it take to make a quick forum thread or news post? they have that stupid news popup in BFHQ for god sake...
And threes no point emailing or phoning them as you wont get an answer.
their customer service stinks as always.
Possum61
+9|6760|Philly PA USA
Same here 38 servers is all that i show. And have only the pb and ranked filters checked
v1l2u5
+1|6790
hahaha he formated his pc because of server problems.. lol
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6801|Singapore

Agreed, LOL @ formatting his PC.

But I'm not complaining I just got a 100+ score in the map I hate the most (karkand) AND my expert command badge.

Can't find all the asian EA servers i.e. Japan, Korea, Thailand, Singapore. Hmph.
Echo
WOoKie

Kobrakai wrote:

I don’t actually care that there’s a problem, I know that its understandable that with such a big game its not going to work 100% 24/7.
What annoys me is that EA don’t publicly acknowledge the problem and give us some form of indication that they are actually working on this. I mean how long would it take to make a quick forum thread or news post? they have that stupid news popup in BFHQ for god sake...
And threes no point emailing or phoning them as you wont get an answer.
their customer service stinks as always.
Just the other week, we had massive problems connecting to the account server, now there's seem to be problems with the server lists. Usually i get about 3200 servers in my list and now i have only 20. :S

Using that pop up thingy for info is very good idea and its should be no trouble at all to make some posts on a couple of large bf2 forums like this 1.

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-12 18:33:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard