+609|6763|AUS, Canberra
so do you like it or not?
mpec82
+-1|6713
ahah lol
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England
Ive played this map for 32 hours and i love it.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6778

I think theworst map goes to operation cleansweep
snipen_u
+0|6716
i actually like the map. my only gripe about it is the UAV; when it shows u the enemys position, they're often not on the same floor as you are. its definetly no strike at karkand or ghost town, but it is a welcome break from the two.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6781|England

beeng wrote:

And thats my most played map!

EDIT: What the hecks up with your stats sig?

Last edited by Kobrakai (2005-12-12 12:44:30)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6778

Kobrakai wrote:

beeng wrote:

yea, and its the most boring map
Turtle
+7|6749|Boulder, CO

beeng wrote:

Kobrakai wrote:

beeng wrote:

yea, and its the most boring map
OCS is fun if you get the bomber. Or if you don't get the bomber, someone else good does and keeps the other teams jets on the ground. Iron gator is a great map so long as the mcs don't suck and actually realize that you need to get a foothold on the ship. Too many idiots always try to take a chopper over there, which takes forever compared to spawning and hopping in a jet ski. Then try parachuting ppl out and taking the flags on top. There are 4 cp's on the first and 2nd floor, 2 on the deck.. do the math. It's a good 16 player map since as a small map there is no shore, mec's start with a cp on the boat.
That reminds me... I was playing on one of H|T's servers and the map switched to 16 man iron gator, the server had near or over 32 ppl in it. Nedless to say, it was chaotic and I was constantly on the front line, cutting down a few ppl, dying, rinse, repeat. So I switched to spec ops and commenced to blowing up entire squads. I had somewhere around a 10:1 kd ratio and so some guy starts bitching that I should be kicked. So I say, "You want to kick me because I'm whooping your ass? Eat me.."
A few minutes later I got kicked with a msg of something along the lines of poor sportsmanship..
I got your sportsmanship right here H|T... SUCK IT! That is all...
[64]-Spud
+0|6707|cork city Ireland

Kobrakai wrote:

Ive played this map for 32 hours and i love it.
hmmm sad do u do any thing else?

i dont like the iron gator map either it's  SHIT plain and simple
emperorphoenix
+5|6767|Westeren Australia
wow u guys   it the easyest map ever if u r the us and its cool
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6800
I hate the map too. Confusing and annoying. All the other SF-maps are great though...
Vin.Nivlason
+1|6725
When I first started I hated the Iron Gator.  Confusing as all Heck, and there was no scheme to the map.

Since then I have spent more time on the ship.  Mostly spent time battling between the Mess Hall and the Hangar point.  I now feel that it is a great map, especially if you have a challenging team to play against.

Close quarter fighting makes sniping tough.  Use grenades against the squads.  Be flexible on what weapons you use.  Play as a Medic and you can rack up the points.

I have won and lost on both teams.   I believe that is balanced.  My success as MEC has increased since reading these forums.
KillerAFET
+3|6773|Abilene, Texas
Iron Gator is great with a squad that fights like a squad.  Repel from the chopper, take the aft deck spawn point and move forward.  Take out The USA UAV and you're in.  I've been in several games where insurgents marched across the ship and beat the living daylights out of the USA team.  This won't happen often unless Insurgents are super organized but it does happen.

Last edited by KillerAFET (2005-12-16 09:06:33)

Zantar69
+0|6712
I think the IG was a good concept, but it has too many faults.  Every hallway looks the same and its easy to get lost.  Plus, the spawn points are tough to get to, like the viewing deck.  Plus, the deck leaves you wide open to choppers like was previously stated.  I think they had the right idea, they just made the map too complex and not enough ways to access the different floors.
CRIMS0N_W0LF
+21|6731
IG is lag map. Its the only map I lag in. wtf why? I play BF2 under meduim but I put settings on low coz of Iron Gator but IG still lag.
borbor
+0|6712
I've tried Iron Gator a few times and from what I can tell it seems like an interesting map. But I can't really play it because my machine slows to a crawl. EA deserves a lot of credit for BF2 but it does a lot of boneheaded things too and Iron Gator is one of them.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6721|Australia
I think its great, my gf thinks its great, its complete chaos, and i run aorund being her personal medic
Flasheart88
+0|6752|Brisbane
I've played it a few times now, and I think it's quite a clever map, because while it's true that it's a chopper whore's dream, once the MEC get a foothold on the ship, the fighting in the halls is unlike any other map in the game - true close quarters combat, where you have to be careful not to shoot your teammates and you can end up fighting with pistols then knives in sustained firefighting.

Obviously the hardest part is getting on the ship, but that's why the map's a good 'un - it requires TEAMWORK. Let's say the attackers are actually coordinated, then with the AA tank and MEC attack chopper keeping the marine chopper busy, and the APC laying down cover fire on the deck, the MEC transport chopper and jet skis can mount an effective assault from the south east side. The attacking force, if made up of squad leaders, gets on board and then become mobile spawn points. Once the MEC are on board, it effectively makes the marine chopper and the ship AA gun pointless.

I think it would be best as a clan v clan map, but it can still be fun otherwise, methinks.
Jock3h^
+0|6709|Greenock (SCO)
I lov Iron Gator, but some improvments,
why can't we use the Grapling Hook? it would be better as only 1 side of the Ship is always protected!

I get 50-100 points everytime i play this map..
& as for Heli whoring... Stay under the ship there are 4 flags, more than enough to win the map!
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6712|The Netherlands
I love the gator, its close quarters combat... on steroids! Uav/scan is useless once mec's got a flag on the ship and its just pure skills and teamwork. Its prob the craziest map sf got!

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-21 09:53:45)

<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6694|New York
IG Is Trash. Alot of people Get a "Your useing Modified Files error when the map goes to start" Dont know why this is, But It is extremely anoying. Why they have objectives in that map is beyond me.

Harry
YitEarp
+1|6717
it was confusing to learn the ways around at first, but after learning it i rather enjoy it(especially as us).  tho on mec side its still not that hard.  if ppl are camping up the boat bay and a chopper is whoring the deck, just airdrop near the tower on the deck, get inside, head downstairs and cap a base in relative safety.

it lags a little bit, but nowhere near unplayable for me.  and shooting boats coming into the bay with rockets is just too much fun
Duramen1
+0|6743|wa,usa
i think its funny you guys are complaining about it being confusing to get around on the carrier.
i work at a naval yard and we do lots of work on full sized carriers if you think the essex is confusing don't ever try to go on to a real carrier.   the carrier in this game is a piece of cake to find your way around compaired to carriers in real life.   

just spend some time on it by yourself and figure it out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard