Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6273|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
I was loading a server and it froze with the old "Dadadadada" stuck music.
Ctrl+Alt+Del did nothing, I couldn't get out of it so I pressed the power button.

Whe I tried to restart it asked me if I wanted to "Start in Safe Mode", "Start in Safe Mode with Networking", Start in Safe Mode with Command Prompt", "Start from the last known good configuration" or "Start Windows Normally"
I chose Normally and it showed the Windows loading screen for about 3 seconds, and then reboot itself!
It doesn't matter which option I choose, it just reboots!

If I turn it off for a while and then try it only gets to the "Hit Del to enter setup screen" and then it stops with the message
"Your computer maybe OVERCLOCK or POST failed"
"Hit Del to enter setup and select default configuration"

I can get into setup, but I've no idea what I can change to make a difference.

Anyone got any ideas?
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6475

Sad...

Sorry, don't know how to help you.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6715|England. Stoke
I would suggest you probably need to format and re-install windows as I had a similar problem a while ago and this was the only thing that I found that would fix it...
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6358|uk

my friend had the same problem.

So you can no longer get to the boot choice menu? (try booting and hitting F8)

If you can get there, select safe mode and see what it stops at.
Simon
basically
+838|6664|UK
Just wait for 1hour
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6648|Deep In The South Of Texas
Once you get into Setup(BIOS) there should be a clearly labeled option named "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" or something similar. Select that, then Save and Exit and let it boot.

Also, listing some system specs, particularly your system manufacturer and model or motherboard make and model will make it much easier to get the help you need.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6448|Stealth City, UK
Try booting without the disk in the drive. See what happens.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51
Looks like your windows file is damaged..meaning you will have to put a back-up on your PC on reinstall windows..(same happened with me)
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6656|Keyboard
If you had the system restore feature activated, just select it to return to previous stage/date and that can solve your problems out. My sister's computer had that crazyness and I fixed it by doing what I've just told you (I use ubuntu, I don't get to go through that kind of shit in windows )
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6715|England. Stoke

RDMC(2) wrote:

Looks like your windows file is damaged..meaning you will have to put a back-up on your PC on reinstall windows..(same happened with me)
Ninja_Kid2002

Titch2349 wrote:

If you can get there, select safe mode and see what it stops at.
I do get the options, but it still doesn't get to Windows in safe mode.

Simon wrote:

Just wait for 1hour
Waited a day, nothing

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Once you get into Setup(BIOS) there should be a clearly labeled option named "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" or something similar. Select that, then Save and Exit and let it boot.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that and let you know.

buLLet_tOOth wrote:

Try booting without the disk in the drive. See what happens.
I'm guessing that's a joke! If not, there is no disk in the drive.

RDMC(2) wrote:

If The Stillhouse Kid's method doesn't work I'll try that next, just need to get my XP CD off a mate.

Yaocelotl wrote:

If you had the system restore feature activated, just select it to return to previous stage/date and that can solve your problems out. My sister's computer had that crazyness and I fixed it by doing what I've just told you (I use ubuntu, I don't get to go through that kind of shit in windows )
Don't think I used it, rebooting the last known good config does the same thing. Might try it after i've fixed it this time.

Thanks for the responses guys
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6203|Winland

Re-install Windows. Simply. If that doesn't work, ask someone for on-the-spot help.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ninja_Kid2002

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

Also, listing some system specs, particularly your system manufacturer and model or motherboard make and model will make it much easier to get the help you need.
Tried this, couldn't find "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" closest thing was "Load Setup Defaults" which did sh1t all. Thanks anyway.

The mother board is an Asus p5vd2-mx.

I think I'll be reinstalling Windows then.
DeadJim
+19|6754|Valencia, California
If you are going the 're-install' route - be sure you try a repair first, will save your settings.

Boot from the XP CD.  when it offers you the option of doing an Auto Repair, don't select this option.  No one ever has the auto-repair diskette ready.  Just continue on as if you are installing a 'fresh' copy of windows.  agree to the EULA, etc etc - when it gets to the section where you choose your partition for installation, windows will find your existing install and offer the option to repair it - this is exactly what you want to do.

This will replace the system files, and won't trash your profile.

Depending on the age of your machine, you may or may not have an SP2 XP CD.  that said, the very first thing you need to do when you get back in is to invest the next hour of you life going into Windows Update.  Besure to return to windows update after every reboot - until it tells you _specifically_ that there are no further updates.

Beyond that, scan your drives for physical problems.  Odds are your machine flipped out during an I/O op (One of the reasons Raptor drives are phenominal for BF2 players is due to the enormous pounding the drives take).  If you haven't done it in a few months, defrag your machine - get a copy of OODefrag and do a complete defrag, optimize for space.

Good luck.
Ninja_Kid2002
I've formatted my hard-drive and re-installed!

Thanks for the help guys, I tried everything else, but it was fuct.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard