Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Pubic wrote:

Iran won't do shit in Europe.  If they drop a nuke there sure the US would respond, but lets not forget that both the UK and France also have a decent stockpile of nuclear weapons.  Iran could be turned into a glassy desert and the US wouldn't even need to be involved.
It's not Iran itself that worries me. It's their buddies Hamas getting a nuke from Iran that concerns me. We all know where they get their weapons from.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England
I'm more worried about Pakistan.

- Government becoming increasingly unstable, even if it is a dictatorship
- Known to have nukes
- Known to help Islamic militants
- Known to have more extreme islamists than Iran (the general population seems to agree with the militants)
- An Ally of the west, nobody will see it coming

Watch your backs.
jonsimon
+224|6506

Poseidon wrote:

Just a simple question. Me and my friends were talking about and they were all paranoid, but I was just wondering what most people here think.

Myself? Sure, i'm a bit worried. But their best jet is an F-14 that is outdated and needs new parts. They have "supposed" missiles that can reach Israel, but we have planes that can shoot them down if it happens. We'd notice them launching a rocket before they even knew it had launched.
Not worried at all. Only thing I have to worry about? The US entering another pointless war.
herrr_smity
+156|6638|space command ur anus
No
they are Israels problem, let Israel do what they do best(spread chaos and death). besides everybody knows Arabs cant fight for shit
Mekstizzle
WALKER

herrr_smity wrote:

No
they are Israels problem, let Israel do what they do best(spread chaos and death). besides everybody knows Arabs cant fight for shit
They ain't Arabs but let's be honest they might aswell be. Same religion same culture same shit same everything. So much for the glorious Persian empire eh?
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6501|Menlo Park, CA

Aegis wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Our special forces are in Iran NOW! some of you already know what I am talking about from a previous thread!

Conflict with Iran is inevitable. . . .So is conflict with Syria etc.

This summer is going to be violent for sure!! Look at whats already happening in Palestine/Israel!!
You know... nothing
YOU are the one who knows nothing. . . .

think what you want, but I know whats up!!
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6774

herrr_smity wrote:

No
Umm, son where do you get your facts?

Arabs, Muslims, Moors have repeatedly kicked ass in conflicts in the past where they were a trained fighting force, crusades anyone? Spain being invaded by the Moors for quite a long time? Ok, there we go.  As for today when you talk about militiants you are talking about people who have very little if any formal weapons training so they spray and pray, a regular army will have trained its troops and they will  take aim and fire, not poke the barrel around the corner and pull the trigger blindly.

Iran has a national military that won't roll over and run like Iraq did in OIF 1.  The Iraqs would leave extremely good fighting positions because they were scared of dying, the Iranians would stay and fight I'm betting.  Not only that but the Iranian government has been using Iraq as a poxy war and waging a fairly successful guerrilla war against the Western Forces there, not to mention Al Qaeda guerrilla war helping them. 

Add in a few random acts of aggression, a border dispute, more kidnappings of armed forces and you got yourself some bad action going down.  This is not the first time that US Army personnel have been kidnapped in Iraq by the way.  A few months ago a convey (SUV's similar to those used by PMCs) of light skinned males drove through a check point right up to a group of US soldiers open fire and killed a few and kidnapped a few more, those abducted were later found stripped of their uniforms and executed.  Truthfully I believe that they are gathering uniforms and information for a future conflict between the United States and Iran.

As for the orginal post I am worried about Iran on a global political scale.  As for it actually going to war with them I see it as a 50/50 chance.  I am much more worried about the little hotspots, Djubuty, Somalila, etc. and being deployed to fight over there.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6571

Aegis wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Our special forces are in Iran NOW! some of you already know what I am talking about from a previous thread!

Conflict with Iran is inevitable. . . .So is conflict with Syria etc.

This summer is going to be violent for sure!! Look at whats already happening in Palestine/Israel!!
You know... nothing
fadedsteve is correct. Maybe not special forces but CIA for sure. We took out a whole bus of their elite guards. At least I hope it was us.
herrr_smity
+156|6638|space command ur anus

Mekstizzle wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

No
They ain't Arabs but let's be honest they might aswell be. Same religion same culture same shit same everything. So much for the glorious Persian empire eh?
they are Arabs to me and non of your fancy history can change that
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6665|United States of America

Poseidon wrote:

Just a simple question. Me and my friends were talking about and they were all paranoid, but I was just wondering what most people here think.

Myself? Sure, i'm a bit worried. But their best jet is an F-14 that is outdated and needs new parts. They have "supposed" missiles that can reach Israel, but we have planes that can shoot them down if it happens. We'd notice them launching a rocket before they even knew it had launched.
Al Queda didn't even have a fighter Jet.  Anyone that gets a nuke is powerful, even if they only have a sailboat and desire to kill someone across the ocean.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

herrr_smity wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

No
they are Arabs to me and non of your fancy history can change that
lol you can't change people like you. Doesn't affect me if you don't want to know shit. Continue on.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6233|Escea

We have this thing, although it may not be able to shoot the missile down at a safe distance.

and this thing I believe is being developed to shoot down incoming missiles, maybe they're ready for use and we don't know.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007 … 130railgun

As for Iran, I'm not massively worried, it would be turned into a smouldering pit if it did attempt anything major and the likelyhood is that whatever it fires would either not reach its target because of a malfunction, or be shot down by some form of air defence.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York

M.O.A.B wrote:

We have this thing, although it may not be able to shoot the missile down at a safe distance.

and this thing I believe is being developed to shoot down incoming missiles, maybe they're ready for use and we don't know.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007 … 130railgun

As for Iran, I'm not massively worried, it would be turned into a smouldering pit if it did attempt anything major and the likelyhood is that whatever it fires would either not reach its target because of a malfunction, or be shot down by some form of air defence.
omfg teh phalynx gunz

uss essex plz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York

Major_Spittle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Al Queda didn't even have a fighter Jet.  Anyone that gets a nuke is powerful, even if they only have a sailboat and desire to kill someone across the ocean.
True. All I'm saying is that we have far better technology AND manpower than they do (well, as long as we're not stretched into 3 wars when/if we go into Iran). That could win us the war. And if they do nuke us unprovoked...well needless to say there'll be a crater in good ol' persia.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6365
No
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

its gonna be a hot summer in the middle east. 

ive been noticing that the democrats have been beating the wardrums a whole lot louder the republicans lately in regards to iran.  fucking politicians...
Wardrums?

agent146
+127|6397|Jesus Land aka Canada
worried about iran? man this starts to sound like bf2! heck if there is going to be war against Iran; lets all JOin! we're pretty much trained already with bf2 :p
https://themot.org/gallery/d/8837-1/Ahmadinejad.gif
babak
+2|6204
Yeah, seems we are gonna go to concussion and war unfortunately.
I don't consider any winner in both sides except extremists.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard