Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
Just a simple question. Me and my friends were talking about and they were all paranoid, but I was just wondering what most people here think.

Myself? Sure, i'm a bit worried. But their best jet is an F-14 that is outdated and needs new parts. They have "supposed" missiles that can reach Israel, but we have planes that can shoot them down if it happens. We'd notice them launching a rocket before they even knew it had launched.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
its gonna be a hot summer in the middle east. 

ive been noticing that the democrats have been beating the wardrums a whole lot louder the republicans lately in regards to iran.  fucking politicians...

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-05-17 18:39:12)

splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6731|Omaha, Nebraska
No
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

Iran? Well, with the nuclear bullshit that is going on, yes, sort of.

I'm more worried about Iraq and Afghanistan.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
Ok bear with me here... The US is considering an attack on Iran. Not the other way around. So what are your friends worried about? Getting drafted?
ƒ³
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635
Iraq is going to be at the top of my concerns for obvious reasons, but,  i gotta bad feeling about Israel/Palestine/Syria.  I used to count out syria as a real factor behind some bad shit going on, but the more I learn, the more I brace for impact.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

oug wrote:

Ok bear with me here... The US is considering an attack on Iran. Not the other way around. So what are your friends worried about? Getting drafted?
Retaliation from Iran.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
They are trying to get nukes but they will not use them.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635

oug wrote:

oug, irananian "volunteers" have been fighting coalition forces in iraq for quite sometime. but on another note,  I know a lot of Iranian ex pats and a lot of their relatives have been liquidating all their assets and trying to catch a ride out.  from what they tell me, there is HUGE secular movement in Iran.  much bigger than any of could imagine given the amount of info filtered down through the "news" and from what they tell me, they actually support and hope for a change in govt and are willing for the United States to start it.  I dont think thats the path to take, the whole "OIF" syndrome, but this is what im hearing.  lot of persians where I live, a lot.
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6737|I'm worldwide, beotch

Poseidon wrote:

Myself? Sure, i'm a bit worried. But their best jet is an F-14 that is outdated and needs new parts.
Who's worried about Iranian tacair?

Poseidon wrote:

They have "supposed" missiles that can reach Israel, but we have planes that can shoot them down if it happens.
We have what?

Man, the threat is mines and coastal defense cruise missiles or some cavalier small boat over there just doing something stupid, thereby igniting that little powderkeg and shutting down virtually the entire gulf... do some reading!

Last edited by Aegis (2007-05-17 18:54:15)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6747|United States of America

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

They are trying to get nukes but they will not use them.
You wanna bet? Let me pull up some videos with their president and other radicals yelling death to America, death to Isreal. Also, didn't Hitler come to power and build an army against everyone's say? Well, dictators and bastards don't tell the truth.
link52787
+29|6513
Iran just likes to flex its muscles that it does not have.
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy

link52787 wrote:

I wouldn't be so quick to say they don't have any muscle...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635

link52787 wrote:

oh really?

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ … 87,00.html

a few months before our british allies were abducted.  Kidnapping campaign anyone?  look how iran looked to the world after they released those brits.

theres lots of occasions where the media doesnt know, or even the higher ups in the chain of command dont know.  theres lots of shit that i would never even consider posting on the internet either.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-05-17 18:58:28)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK
They have no weapons platforms that can reach the UK with any sort of meaningful payload, let alone accuracy enough to hit me.
I'm more worried about America and Russia. Russia have in the past aimed nukes at my country, and I live a few miles from the place where we develop nuclear weapons. (I even applied for a job there. They didn't reply, I don't think I passed security screening.)
America definetly has the capability, the accuracy, and the warheads to get me. Either in a precise surgical strike as soon as I get out somewhere away from collateral damage, or in a brute-force saturation attack that gets most of the country at once.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6747|United States of America

Skorpy-chan wrote:

They have no weapons platforms that can reach the UK with any sort of meaningful payload, let alone accuracy enough to hit me.
I'm more worried about America and Russia. Russia have in the past aimed nukes at my country, and I live a few miles from the place where we develop nuclear weapons. (I even applied for a job there. They didn't reply, I don't think I passed security screening.)
America definetly has the capability, the accuracy, and the warheads to get me. Either in a precise surgical strike as soon as I get out somewhere away from collateral damage, or in a brute-force saturation attack that gets most of the country at once.
Yep, we want to kill all you Brits...
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the British ship(s) over there are within range... Yeah - pretty sure of that one.

Last edited by Aegis (2007-05-17 18:59:03)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635

Aegis wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure the British ship(s) over there are within range... Yeah - pretty sure of that one.
Iran has the ability to hit europe, well maybe not the UK.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Skorpy-chan wrote:

He knows too much... sending in the D-boys to finish him off...

Signed,
Hurricane, the NEW War Czar
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

not worried at all ... we are on the bad end of the karma stick; our fate is inevitable.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ

Poseidon wrote:

Retaliation from Iran.
As in how? Nukes? Don't have 'em yet.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

oug, irananian "volunteers" have been fighting coalition forces in iraq for quite sometime.
I know. So?

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

on another note,  I know a lot of Iranian ex pats and a lot of their relatives have been liquidating all their assets and trying to catch a ride out.  from what they tell me, there is HUGE secular movement in Iran.  much bigger than any of could imagine given the amount of info filtered down through the "news" and from what they tell me, they actually support and hope for a change in govt and are willing for the United States to start it.  I dont think thats the path to take, the whole "OIF" syndrome, but this is what im hearing.  lot of persians where I live, a lot.
It is my understanding that many Iranians are not happy with Ahmadinejad's handling of several foreign and domestic issues. But I'm certain that no Iranian wishes for outsiders to intervene. Especially the US, and especially after we have seen the devastating effects this has had on Iraq. Iran is quite a modern society, and a truly secular government is not so far away. But this is not the way to bring this about. It has to come from the inside if it is to succeed.
ƒ³
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)
Yes and no.

They have a lot of the tech they need to build and launch a nuclear missile.

The hardest part of that is the business end - building an intercontinental missile itself isn't difficult - building the nuclear warhead is.

But, having said that, I reckon they'd be turned to glass if they ever even tried to launch a non-nuclear intercontinental missile...

But then you've also got to consider dirty bombs - a few smaller dirty suicide bombs around the world would, arguably, do more damage than a single nuke.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6635

oug wrote:

As in how? Nukes? Don't have 'em yet.
correct.  they may not have them now, but even all the experst who have been saying that Iran is years away have been cutting the amount of years drastically over the past few months.  iive noticed this trend in the media.  and remember,  not too long ago it was when pakistan surprised the entire world when they tested their nukes.  nobody even knew they had em until the mushroom cloud went off.  we cant depend on that factor.  just recently they denied the IAEA inspections of their special facility, i forget the name. the point is, the only thing we know is that we dont know.

oug wrote:

I know. So?
theyve been on the offense against americans and allies.  not defensive at all.  Iran prospers from the Iraq's misery.

oug wrote:

It has to come from the inside if it is to succeed
agreed.  I think invasion has been ruled out by the pentagon.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-05-17 19:15:50)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6337|Twyford, UK

Aegis wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Yeah, but I'm not ON one of those ships. I'm worried about war with Iran, but it's not much of a personal worry.
It's about on a par with where I left that pen I was fiddling with the other night, in terms of actual stress.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6482|Menlo Park, CA
Our special forces are in Iran NOW! some of you already know what I am talking about from a previous thread!

Conflict with Iran is inevitable. . . .So is conflict with Syria etc.

This summer is going to be violent for sure!! Look at whats already happening in Palestine/Israel!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard