ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

And that's not the kind with wooden legs and parrots...

Are US law makers finally going crazy?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Because all the software pirates would actually buy the product if they couldn't get it for free.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6541|CH/BR - in UK

Life for piracy? Where? I just saw

news.com wrote:

Anyone using counterfeit products who "recklessly causes or attempts to cause death" can be imprisoned for life
And wiretaps... But other than that, I can't see what you mean with "life for piracy".

-konfusion
UGADawgs
+13|6312|South Carolina, US

konfusion wrote:

news.com wrote:

Anyone using counterfeit products who "recklessly causes or attempts to cause death" can be imprisoned for life
And wiretaps... But other than that, I can't see what you mean with "life for piracy".

-konfusion
It's only in extreme cases where your use of pirate software could get someone killed. You're not getting life without parole for burning a CD and putting it on Limewire.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6471|Somewhere else

it a sad thing, the poor enteratinment industry, I mean, its so obivous that copyright infringement is destroying the entertainment media.

Hollywood is going broke, musicians are forced to live for mere pennies, and record companies are not profiting.  right?

The price of purhcasing politicians isn't very high anymore. 

Shit. IF I were Bill Gates, Id pay congress to enact a law and appoint a commitee that deems which women attractive, and the new law makes it illegal for those women to wear clothes.   Go bless our rentable government.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Seriously rooster, the entertainment industry is so whiny. Spidey 3 is probably getting downloaded by the bundle illegally. And look at all the grossing records it's setting. It's gone well above their budget; somewhat over 400 million bucks to be exact. Yeah, I'm sure everyone who worked on that film will be sleeping in a cardboard box tonight...
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
I really don't care i'll still be downloading my music from Limewire.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.

RoosterCantrell wrote:

it a sad thing, the poor enteratinment industry, I mean, its so obivous that copyright infringement is destroying the entertainment media.

Hollywood is going broke, musicians are forced to live for mere pennies, and record companies are not profiting.  right?

The price of purhcasing politicians isn't very high anymore. 

Shit. IF I were Bill Gates, Id pay congress to enact a law and appoint a commitee that deems which women attractive, and the new law makes it illegal for those women to wear clothes.   Go bless our rentable government.
If I was Bill Gates I'd by my own country and legalize piracy (Sealand anyone? :p)
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6500|Minnesota eh

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I really don't care i'll still be downloading my music from Limewire.
Im sending that quote to the FBI.
UGADawgs
+13|6312|South Carolina, US

Hurricane wrote:

Seriously rooster, the entertainment industry is so whiny. Spidey 3 is probably getting downloaded by the bundle illegally. And look at all the grossing records it's setting. It's gone well above their budget; somewhat over 400 million bucks to be exact. Yeah, I'm sure everyone who worked on that film will be sleeping in a cardboard box tonight...
I doubt a store would be bankrupted if some guy took the cash out of the cash register, but I imagine they'd still want to find the burglar.
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6608|UCF
well, if you pirate a CD and never sell it, its non-for-profit. So the only real people in trouble would be EBayers.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

UGADawgs wrote:

konfusion wrote:

news.com wrote:

-konfusion
It's only in extreme cases where your use of pirate software could get someone killed. You're not getting life without parole for burning a CD and putting it on Limewire.
Meh, I don't really see how you could endanger someone's life with a pirate copy of Windows. But if someone is doing it, I guess they may as well try hold off the police with hostages and guns, as it's not like it'll add many years on to the sentence.

Am I honestly the only one that thinks these laws are ridiculously over the top? People get 10 years for murder and rape, surely piracy is a far lesser crime?
JahManRed
wank
+646|6619|IRELAND

ghettoperson wrote:

Am I honestly the only one that thinks these laws are ridiculously over the top? People get 10 years for murder and rape, surely piracy is a far lesser crime?
No, corporations are much more important and need to be protected. Profit after all is the cornerstone of a capitalistic run society. Order of priority goes something like this:
1.Profit
2.Making rich ppl richer.
3.Keeping cooperation taxes flowing in to buy new shinny tanks & planes.
4.Punishing people who interfere with the profit.

235. Protecting the ordinary man on the street.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ

IPPA wrote:

* Permit more wiretaps for piracy investigations. Wiretaps would be authorized for investigations of Americans who are "attempting" to infringe copyrights.
Exactly what is needed...

I wonder, how much meddling with their basic human rights and freedoms it will take for the people to take drastic measures.
ƒ³
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

oug wrote:

IPPA wrote:

* Permit more wiretaps for piracy investigations. Wiretaps would be authorized for investigations of Americans who are "attempting" to infringe copyrights.
Exactly what is needed...

I wonder, how much meddling with their basic human rights and freedoms it will take for the people to take drastic measures.
Based on the responses so far, quite a bit more. Maybe they'll crack when they bring in torture to discover who's pirating software.
BVC
+325|6687

ghettoperson wrote:

Based on the responses so far, quite a bit more. Maybe they'll crack when they bring in torture to discover who's pirating software.
...when they deport people from other countries to torture them for breaking US piracy laws...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard