smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6641|USA
I think its about time Mexico bans all handguns and rifles. 

With problems like this, no wonder we need a fence.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/ … index.html
Wreckognize
+294|6495
And banning guns would solve what...?
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6641|USA

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

That is my point. 

There are a lot of posts about banning guns in the U.S. that would solve nothing also.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
fyi mexico has stricter gun laws than the US.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653

mexico wrote:

Caliber restrictions
Generally, Mexicans are legally limited to handguns (pistolas) .380 or .38 caliber or smaller, shotguns (escopetas) 12 gauge or smaller, and rifles (same spelling but said differently) that are not common military caliber’s such as .223, 7.62, 30-30,30-06,.308, etc.

However exceptions are made to these caliber restrictions for "registered sports shooters" - members of recognized hunting and shooting clubs.

Registration: Required of all guns and done at the local army base - every sizeable town has one.
thats pretty friggin limiting

http://www.packing.org/state/all_of_mexico/#statenote

further, being formerly somewhat familiar with the hispanic gang culture of southern california,  i could tell you that the big thing for mexican criminals in mexico is firearms.  they could get a pound of doja like nothing, but to find a shitty little saturday night special is a chore.  a handgun that will cost 100 bucks on the street in the US could see 500 dollars over there in mexico.  a lot of these drug runners actually trade drugs from mexican cartels for guns from american street gangs.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-05-17 13:43:00)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

smtt686 wrote:

Obey_m0rph3us wrote:

That is my point. 

There are a lot of posts about banning guns in the U.S. that would solve nothing also.
Because comparing Mexican law/society to US law/society is very conducive to the gun law debate, right?

It's like people comparing English law/society to US law/society in that regard.
PureFodder
+225|6295
The problem Mexico is facing is their pourous Northern border is allowing illegal guns to be all too readily smugled into the country from foreign lands where guns appear to be horrifically easy for criminals to get hold of.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA
How about Mexico getting serious about ending the outsourcing of its poor population to the United States. . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard