sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina
I wonder if Israel really wants the Palestinian rockets to stop hitting their soil.

They are now taking advantage of a civil war in Gaza:

Israel today entered the escalating Palestinian conflict between Hamas and Fatah fighters when it launched air strikes on Gaza. Palestinian officials said an Israeli helicopter gunship had fired three missiles at Hamas buildings in the town of Rafah, leaving several people buried in the rubble. The strikes were retaliation for Hamas militants firing rockets into Israel. The rocket attacks, which caused no reported injuries, were interpreted by some as a Hamas attempt to broaden the internal conflict and unite Palestinians against the Israelis.

What's going on in Gaza?

The heaviest fighting for months has broken out between Islamist Hamas and secular Fatah, killing almost 50 people - 22 yesterday alone. A tenuous ceasefire appeared to be holding today, although one person died when an Israeli air strike hit a Hamas compound in Gaza. This action prompted Hamas to threaten a resumption of suicide bombings inside Israel.

What is Israel doing?

Israel has warned of "harsh and severe action" after militants in Gaza fired dozens of rockets into Israeli territory. Israeli tanks are also poised just inside the Gaza Strip, although there are no plans yet for a ground attack.

I'm starting to think that Israel is very comfortable with this situation.  While the extremists in Palestine keep throwing rockets into their soil, they have the excuse to oppress Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank.  They can continue the building of the New Berlin Wall.  They can keep the killing of hundreds of innocent civilians.
I wonder who is funding these extremists.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Ofc they are. The more Hamas tries to blindly rocket anything in Israel the more justification they give Israel on the international stage.
link52787
+29|6523
If somebody is launching rockets into your back yard, would you want them to stop doing it?   Of course you would.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
This is one of the times where i'm on Israels side. Hamas or whoever didn't need to fire rockets into Israel. And this whole Palestianian civil war is stupid, if these people can't sort themselves out then fuck them. It basically seems like Arabs hate everyone including themselves.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6594|Lexington, Kentucky

link52787 wrote:

If somebody is launching rockets into your back yard, would you want them to stop doing it?   Of course you would.
But if the rockets are giving you an opportunity to invade your neighbors' property and make some money off of the situation, would you want it to stop?
link52787
+29|6523

Anfidurl wrote:

link52787 wrote:

But if the rockets are giving you an opportunity to invade your neighbors' property and make some money off of the situation, would you want it to stop?
hmmmmm......touche' sales man.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France

sergeriver wrote:

I wonder if Israel really wants the Palestinian rockets to stop hitting their soil.

Israel today entered the escalating Palestinian conflict between Hamas and Fatah fighters when it launched air strikes on Gaza. Palestinian officials said an Israeli helicopter gunship had fired three missiles at Hamas buildings in the town of Rafah, leaving several people buried in the rubble. The strikes were retaliation for Hamas militants firing rockets into Israel. The rocket attacks, which caused no reported injuries, were interpreted by some as a Hamas attempt to broaden the internal conflict and unite Palestinians against the Israelis.

What's going on in Gaza?

The heaviest fighting for months has broken out between Islamist Hamas and secular Fatah, killing almost 50 people - 22 yesterday alone. A tenuous ceasefire appeared to be holding today, although one person died when an Israeli air strike hit a Hamas compound in Gaza. This action prompted Hamas to threaten a resumption of suicide bombings inside Israel.

What is Israel doing?

Israel has warned of "harsh and severe action" after militants in Gaza fired dozens of rockets into Israeli territory. Israeli tanks are also poised just inside the Gaza Strip, although there are no plans yet for a ground attack.

I'm starting to think that Israel is very comfortable with this situation.  While the extremists in Palestine keep throwing rockets into their soil, they have the excuse to oppress Palestinians in Gaza and West Bank.  They can continue the building of the New Berlin Wall.  They can keep the killing of hundreds of innocent civilians.
Ahh, I think I'll sit out of the "it's okay to fire rockets & kill Israelis, but it's not okay to kill Palestinians" debate today. 

And I'll sit out of the "unguided rockets are harmless as puppies, but anything Israel does to retaliate is wrong" debate today.

http://victorhanson.com/articles/hanson031802.html
http://victorhanson.com/articles/hanson032902.html
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6561
Can you please discuss something else. Fuck we get you don't like Israel but for shitsake enough already. I could googl palestine or Israel and your name would pop up. Fuck!!!
BVC
+325|6696
Will a palestinian civil war bring about a palestinian state more willing to negotiate with Israel?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France
I dunno, I think it involves more players in the region besides Palestine...
san4
The Mas
+311|6689|NYC, a place to live
It's hard to impute any intentionality to the actions of a government headed by Ehud Olmert. He is incomprehensibly stupid.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645
does palestine want israel to stop killing non combatants?  without the deaths of little baby miriam and grandpa tariq palestine wont have anybody to fill their ranks.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

rawls2 wrote:

Can you please discuss something else. Fuck we get you don't like Israel but for shitsake enough already. I could googl palestine or Israel and your name would pop up. Fuck!!!
Perhaps we should STFU and let Israel do whatever they want.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6758|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

does palestine want israel to stop killing non combatants?  without the deaths of little baby miriam and grandpa tariq palestine wont have anybody to fill their ranks.
You would not like to be little baby Miriam or grandpa.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-05-18 04:20:20)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

sergeriver wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Perhaps we should STFU and let Israel do whatever they want.
Yes lets... seeing as Israel can only do whatever they want thanks to dumb shits who pointlessly rocket their land thus giving Israel justification.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Yes, pointlessly.  Because it's not like invasion or theft are internationally recognised as wrong...................
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6234|Albion

sergeriver wrote:

What's going on in Gaza?

What is Israel doing?

my money is on Fatah offering the Israelis intel to do their dirty work for them and israel is playing along because they see fatah as a better partner for peace than hamas, which is true because lets face it, HAMAS can't negotiate with other palestinians, never mind a people with who they actually have legitimate grievances with. incidently the berlin wall stopped people getting out, the israeli wall stops people getting in. the berlin wall split a state in half, the israeli wall splits up two states. the berlin wall was in berlin, the israeli wall is in .... well no-one agrees on where it is, but its sure as hell not in berlin.

Last edited by Vernedead (2007-05-18 05:43:55)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

I like most of the Palestinian supporters have stayed out of this topic because this time the Palestinians are out of order.  They are doing themselves no favours internationally by shooting these rockets. Plus it give Israel credence to bomb civilian areas from 10 000 feet.
Its a rubbish, desperate military tactic. They rarely kill anyone with these rockets, but the reprisals from Israel always kill a bunch of people and the ppl shooting these rockets must bear some responsibility for Israel's heavy handed response and the deaths caused.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
How are they out of order?  They are continuing their war against Israel.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
Hmm.. so breaking a CEASEFIRE isnt out of order any more?

Every time a ceasefire is made guess who breaks it... thats right Hamas.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-05-18 06:51:49)

motherdear
+25|6652|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
hamas and fatah signed a ceasefire, and the next morning they are in war again, don't come and say that they just stopped fighting the day after when they signed the new ceasefire. and if somebody threw rockets into my city/country, i would fucking retailiate without any hesitation.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562

Vilham wrote:

Hmm.. so breaking a CEASEFIRE isnt out of order any more?

Every time a ceasefire is made guess who breaks it... thats right Hamas.
Well, they start the shooting.  But it's often Israel who back out on other parts of the agreement.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Pubic wrote:

Will a palestinian civil war bring about a palestinian state more willing to negotiate with Israel?
I am hoping so - and I am also hoping that Israel will not take advantage of the lack of stability in Palestine right now.
This is not a "it's ok to kill Israelis, but not Palestinians" debate - it's a debate of "is it fair to go a leg for an eye?" and whether or not it is morally right to do what Israel is doing. And obviously serge and I will not stop discussing this topic until something is actually done about it IRL...
Oh - by the way. Ceasefires made by Israelis are useless - they don't prevent the Militants from firing, and they don't prevent the Israelis from breaking it at any time.

-konfusion
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

Bubbalo wrote:

How are they out of order?  They are continuing their war against Israel.
Out of order in their quest for popular support. They are not going to rocket bomb their way out of this mess to obtain their goals. They need international pressure on Israel and talks to move forward. That international pressure will not be forthcoming when they do shit like this, which the media, particularly the right wing, will be all over.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
They aren't interested in a compromise.  To be honest, I can't blame them.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard