Poll

Do you consider "Mormons" Christians?

Yes29%29% - 50
No47%47% - 82
What the hell is a Mormon?23%23% - 40
Total: 172
weamo8
+50|6433|USA
Please answer the question before you consult wikipedia or something.

I am just curious what you all think.
jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

I think southpark summed up the Mormons quite well.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6755|Dallas
Out of all the things stupid people have fallen for, the Mormons rank up there pretty far.

"Yes, let me read my magical text from this hat.  Don't look or it'll disappear!!"
Dwit
+34|6501

jsnipy wrote:

Really? southpark, educating n00bs since 1997

If so, yes
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

Dwit wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

If so, yes
Entertaining noobs.  Education and entertaining are different things.  SP is one of the best shows ever.
jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

Dwit wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

If so, yes
My wife comes from a Mormon family, Southpark confirmed it. Perhaps I should have qualified myself as saying that I did not learn about Mormons form South Park, rather South Park confirms my impression of the Mormon faith, of which I had an abundant amount of contact of it members.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-17 10:32:37)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
What the hell is a Mormon?

lol has anyone played the PS2 game "The Getaway"

The Getaway wrote:

Mormons? You know, Mormons. Them bible bashers going around telling you Jesus is a fucking yank.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6752

Why are you asking this question anyway?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command
Yes.
I'm a reformed Mormon, been to the Temple and did the Baptism for the Dead.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina
Yes, they read the Bible and other weird book I don't know the name and they believe in Jesus.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6546
The second m in mormon is a silent m.
jsnipy
+3,276|6513|...

serge river wrote:

Yes, they read the Bible and other weird book I don't know the name and they believe in Jesus.
"The book of Mormon"

I guess beleiving in Christ is enough to make you Christian. I'm very nondenominational to begin with. I think is does more to hurt than help the faith .. sort of like the Crusades

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-05-17 10:50:56)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6634
christians are jew worshippers
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6797|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Yes, considering that the official name of the church is "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints". Churches that worship Christ = Christian, no matter what you think of their methods.
weamo8
+50|6433|USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

Why are you asking this question anyway?
I had mentioned in another forum that I was a Mormon and a Christian, and few people claimed that was some kind of contridiction.  I was just curious what other people thought.

I think that Mormon doctrine is one of the most misunderstood belief systems on earth.  For what it is worth, the majority of the people who claim to be of the Mormon faith don't even understand it, or its history.

I am sure all the self-proclaimed geniuses in this forum think they know what Mormonism is, but it is not as crazy or complicated as most people seem to think.

And, btw, seeing a documentary or reading wikipedia does not make you an expert.

Mormons believe that the only way a person can be saved is through Jesus Christ.  I am not sure exactly how you define Christians, but I voted "yes."
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6727|Salt Lake City

ATG wrote:

Yes.
I've done that myself.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6541|CH/BR - in UK

They believe in christ, so....

-konfusion
weamo8
+50|6433|USA

topal63 wrote:

We all will be Mormons in the end!   It is just a matter of time & by proxy.

http://www.techgnosis.com/chunkshow-sin … 1839-0.txt
http://i9.tinypic.com/4u2bw8z.jpg
"Twenty-two miles southeast of Salt Lake City, buried deep in the ragged rock of Utah's Wasatch Range, lies a catacomb of names. Behind 700 feet of granite and six monstrous Mosler doors, the Mormon Church has squirreled away the world's largest collection of genealogical material: more than 2 million microfilm reels of parish records, marriage indexes, necrologies, census reports, pilgrim registers, and piles of other documents - some dating back to the Middle Ages. The Granite Mountain Record Vault holds around 2 billion names, a sizable portion of the total number of people who have ambled through recorded history."
lol... one of the wealthiest churches on earth owning thousands of huge buildings including a few sky-scrapers, and we hide our goods in "catacombs" in the middle of the desert.

We have horns too.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6287|Bloomington Indiana
i think mormons at least make scientologists look sane...which is sorta good for them...i guess..
still crazy though. we have mormons around town trying to get us to go to church all the time. magical planets and jesus among us...eh.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Hitler was posthumously baptized as a Mormon.

Weamo8 - What is the collective view of Mormons regarding the sanctity of the Book of Mormon?  Do most/all Mormons believe Joseph Smith's translation is legitimately divine?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6755|Dallas

ATG wrote:

Yes.
....................no.   

WTF?
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6646|United States of America
They are Christians and good people as a whole.  Difference between their crazy ass beliefs and that of any other branch of Christians is that they have newer more modern crazy ass beliefs.  The Mormons and Sciencologist need to duke it out for stupid religion of the month in my book, but even stupid people can do good things and be nice..... take CameronPoe for example;0
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Major_Spittle wrote:

but even stupid people can do good things and be nice..... take CameronPoe for example;0
And you are the essence of intelligence Spittle.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.
No clue what Mormons are, but it sounds just like Moron...
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6727|Salt Lake City

I had to null vote, as I believe my view has been tainted.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard