Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6593|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Okay so im not 100% sure if its the best place to post this but as i dont want some: buttseck,noob,wtf etc etc answer i think i made the right choice puttin that there.

Okay so i need some help from you guys/girls out there about Oral Presentation. Im going to do it in about 3 hour i think not sure. Its a presentation about a book as many of you prolly did in school...i know the book well enough but i fucking hate to be in front of a whole class...im always like...shit i must be boring them to death!

Anyway...give me some tips on how you do to get over the stress, btw im never stressed when it come to saying stupid things and funny comeback etc...but when it get to those serious things i just...choke. It sucks, real bad!

So thanks in advance for your tips! (Btw right now its 6:19 am...and im drinkin some beer to relax...havent sleep the whole night so...

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2007-05-17 03:27:47)

maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6437|Melbourne, AUS
If you feel scared when you stare at the group of people, it'll help if you stare at the back of the room i.e. the wall. It will look like you are maintaining eye contact, but it will give you time to calm down. Try to avoid a monotone as that would be boring. Also movement of the hands will provide some variety.

If you know your stuff, it shouldn't be too bad. Chillax.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6551|Valhalla
You’re drinking beer @ 7am in the morning... Don’t get shit faced for the presentation.
Aside from that just be yourself and be confident. Best advise I can give really
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
First never ever drink beer. It lies too heavy in the stomach. You have to drink something lighter I think!
And always remember to take extremely deep breaths so that your brain gets pretty much oxygen and it will be faster and you will concentrate better.

Do these things and relax then you will prolly be okay.

Which grade are you in?

Last edited by stef10 (2007-05-17 03:30:20)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

loonitic wrote:

You’re drinking beer @ 7am in the morning... Don’t get shit faced for the presentation.
Aside from that just be yourself and be confident. Best advise I can give really
Well i made a mistake..its 6 am not 7 am :S

I wont get shitfaced...would be funny tho...but ill keep that for my birthday...its gonna be soon! 22 may!

Neway...i stress that much because if i fail that...my i fail my class..and i fail my secondary 4 :S...Gotta take 2 out of 3 class again (Math and French). For some reason my main language is French but i get better grade in English..i mean..WTF!

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2007-05-17 03:30:21)

stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
And sometimes it also helps too say "damn I am gonna kick ass" "I am going to teach those mothafuckers!!!"
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

stef10 wrote:

And sometimes it also helps too say "damn I am gonna kick ass" "I am going to teach those mothafuckers!!!"
I wish i could just kick the teacher ass and run away

Anyway...keep the tricks comming! Right now i got some tips that im going to apply for sure.
|BFC|Icenflame
+11|6493|Cape Town - South Africa
I also had a huge issue with public speaking. But I'm over that know your subject !! be enthusiastic about it use inflection when you speak (up and down tones). Maintain eye contact don't just look at one person move around.

Remember you speaking to them about the subject they know nothing about you are the expert on the subject so they will listen be confident in that fact.
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
And of course remember to eat something really healthy and perhaps a hour before eat something with a lot sugar. Also use a lot of body-language. Do not stand still and look like a moron.

Are you using any kind of help like paper or memorycards. They will fuc king like it when people just talk without any help at all.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-05-17 03:39:00)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Well for a lots of sugar im already Okay...Drank 2 coffe about 2 hours ago...my coffe got like...5-6 spoon of sugar...its almost some kind of syrup so...For sugar im okay!

For food...ill stick to that asap.

Humm also gotta do 4 minute in front of the class witout dieing there...from the horrible mix of coffe,beer and prolly hot dogs (Yeah i do eat hot dogs at 8am sometimes..you can say it! Im a freak!)

No paper at all to do it...would be suposed to have one but oh well...cant find the book...(bought it just to let you know...also its the 5th year i present it )

So well...ill go witout any sheet in front of the whole class and ill have to do at least 4 minutes :S

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2007-05-17 03:40:48)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6507|Menlo Park, CA
Jerk off, take a big shit/piss before, works for me EVERYTIME I gave an oral (lol!) presentation! 

Eating/drinking isnt important!!! You dont want to be "backed up" if ya know what I mean. . . It makes things more nerve racking!! If your not backed up in any way you tend to be more relaxed!!

p.s. It also pays to know what the hell your talking about!

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-05-17 03:41:25)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
@faded   I did all of the above and im still worried as fuck!...Well ill prolly do good but still...it scare the shit out of me!
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
no, I can eat hotdogs 24 around. And you should try a presentation of 25 minuts. Thats fric king annoying.

But remember these things are I am pretty sure you will be okay.

How old are you since you are drinking beer?

Last edited by stef10 (2007-05-17 03:43:54)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Nope...nothing at all...im going "Naked" in term of help in front of the class...just me and ma brain...hope the lil fucker dont run away when ill go in front of the class!
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
For some it may help to think a bit arrogant but if you do this do not in anyway let the others see this.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Well ill try to put some humor in it...i do good when it come to say jokes,comeback etc in the class...so if i mess a little while saying ma shit ill prolly do pretty good....well as long as i pass im ok.

Btw guess what even worse...i got another Oral the 23!
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
Well, in the next 20 days starting in 10 days I have to have about 7-8 orals!

Danish

Math

German

English

Science

Chemistry

okay 6-7

Last edited by stef10 (2007-05-17 03:49:09)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Omg! 7-8 oral...God damn.They are fucking exploiting you or what!

Wait...are you in college or some of those big shit?
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
No, I am in the 10th grade! That is a hellhole, can not wait for Science high school (HTX)next year.

Math  A

Danish A

Science A

Chemisty-maybe- A

English - A or B

Biology C

You actually need most of this shit if you want a masters in engineering in the dansih education system.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-05-17 03:52:36)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
That's still a shitload of Oral Presentation to do...Imagine if i was at your place...i would hang myself with the lace of my shoes
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
The 9th graders need to have a subject more that this. Greografi, history or christanity I think.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
?!?! They still teach religion in some school? I tho it was banned almost everywhere...well at least as long as i know where i live you dont see any Cross or sign of jesus anywhere + there is no religion class.
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
Yep, you are teached in religion in Danish schools, but still it is a very little subject that you maybe are teached in 1 lesson every week or so.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Humm ok..so its not too bad!...But still that much Oral...your not worried a little?
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
Well, the grades in the 10th grade really do not matter as long as you pass. But when I get to the 3th year in high school then im fucking gonna throw up and shit constantly. If you fuck it up then the good educations are gone!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard