crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6659|Teesside, UK
Who's played it?  Ive had about 4 rounds and I sucked everytime so far.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-05-17 03:23:50)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6669|NT, like Mick Dundee

You sucked or it sucked? Just after clarification on this point.....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
crimson_grunt
+214|6659|Teesside, UK

Flecco wrote:

You sucked or it sucked? Just after clarification on this point.....
OP edited for Clarification
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6660|Brisbane, Australia

L2p.
crimson_grunt
+214|6659|Teesside, UK

Sarrk wrote:

L2p.
huh?  I don't speak leet could you explain what that means?
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6539|Valhalla

crimson_grunt wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

L2p.
huh?  I don't speak leet could you explain what that means?
Learn 2 Play?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Lmao at this thread...

Halo 3 mp seem decent so far?
crimson_grunt
+214|6659|Teesside, UK

Flecco wrote:

Lmao at this thread...
Tell me about it.  So far i've been told to do an instinctual action.  I was going to spend weeks trying my best avoiding learning how to play

Flecco wrote:

Halo 3 mp seem decent so far?
It's a bit early to say I've never played the previous 2 halo's MP so can't compare.  The rounds tend to be 8 players and the only 2 game types I've played have not been team oriented.  There's a standard death match and king of the hill which has a randomly placed checkpoint with a ring around it and you have to stay in the ring and defend it long enough to capture the position before the next one is generated.  I can't see it having the longevity of battlefield.  Also the maps are tiny but still seem to hardly have any enemies.

I'm hoping to find a team mode and the possibility of having bigger teams.

Also when i work out how to activate the shield i may start to enjoy it more
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Aww dude. You are so fucking lucky to have a 360 and be in the beta...
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6561|Brisbane, Aus

Might buy crackdown tomorrow if I can still get into the beta.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6586|SE London

How do you get on it?

My brother has a 360 and a special copy of Crackdown. How do you get on the Beta?
crimson_grunt
+214|6659|Teesside, UK

Bertster7 wrote:

How do you get on it?

My brother has a 360 and a special copy of Crackdown. How do you get on the Beta?
Crackdown.  There was a delay for a day when the  beta wouldn't download in the crackdown menu but its working now.
Chou
+737|6795

Sarrk wrote:

L2p.
Your sig says Smokegrendade
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Chou wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

L2p.
Your sig says Smokegrendade
He knows.

At least I hope he does. He's had it for ages. I figured it was something to do with CSS naming conventions or some shit for admins...
XxOiLsP1lLxX
Putting the "I" back in TEAM
+48|6424|Kent UK
I have played it.

OMG

It is the poon, and its only in beta.

Spartan Laser is the funnest gun, and all the equipment roxz.

Graphics this good in beta?

Can't wait till september now lol

=Rich=
RonnY[NL]
Chanetoy Dugali
+309|6715|Groningen / Netherlands
i shall play it one time...
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6756|Toronto, ON
One of the worst and most over hyped games I have ever played.

It just goes to show that console gamers are lacking behind in innovation and originality, games like Halo 3 have been present on PC since 1998 and have looked like that since 2002.
Alpha as fuck.
Greenboi
+14|6371
i just watched a vid of the beta MP and it looks the exact same has halo 2...
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6687|The Lou
Yea, it looks relatively the same.

And i really don't like counsels.
Megalomatthew
+6|6414
I don't understand peoples deal with Halo 2 and 3 looking the same.  Of course they're going to look the same, they aren't going to completely overhaul a game that works just fine in the first place, they're trying to maintain a certain artistic style here. 

Technically, it's far superior to Halo 2...The polygon count is several times higher, the normal mapping is far more impressive, there is realistic and HDR lighting, high rez textures and real time reflections, not to mention impressive particle effects and vast array of new shit that makes halo2 look like a halo 1 expansion pack.  What the hell do you people want? a Halo game that doesn't look, play or feel like halo?

You know why it's hyped?  The same reason any popular game or movie franchise is hyped, because it's good  *gasp!*...despite what few people may say, Halo is one of the best examples the videogame industry has to show how far the medium as come in creative development.

(edited for asinine spelling error)

Last edited by Megalomatthew (2007-05-17 14:19:08)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6332

HURLEY wrote:

And i really don't like counsels.
Ya its a bitch to sit there at a round table with all these crackass politicians arguing over and over...
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6649|Camoran's Paradise
https://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070516.jpg
topal63
. . .
+533|6722
My son has the Beta and yesterday I was like ??????, the graphics look a little - well crappy to me. The colors are just a bit too plastic & unnatural for my tastes; and the jumping is over-the-top odd to me, but I guess this is normal for the Halo series.

After that criticism... well - it is actually fun. He got the email Beta, so I am using his Crackdown Beta...
golgoj4
+51|6778|North Hollywood

Megalomatthew wrote:

I don't understand peoples deal with Halo 2 and 3 looking the same.  Of course they're going to look the same, they aren't going to completely overhaul a game that works just fine in the first place, they're trying to maintain a certain artistic style here. 

Technically, it's far superior to Halo 2...The polygon count is several times higher, the normal mapping is far more impressive, there is realistic and HDR lighting, high rez textures and real time reflections, not to mention impressive particle effects and vast array of new shit that makes halo2 look like a halo 1 expansion pack.  What the hell do you people want? a Halo game that doesn't look, play or feel like halo?

You know why it's hyped?  The same reason any popular game or movie franchise is hyped, because it's good  *gasp!*...despite what few people may say, Halo is one of the best examples the videogame industry has to show how far the medium as come in creative development.

(edited for asinine spelling error)
wow.

and here i was thinking Halo was the Joel Shumacher version of an FPS. See: Batman Forever.

Wow the console can do things that have been done already. Someone explain to me why this is new or exciting? And I believe hype is directly proportional to quality these days. Im just trying to understand why so many people like it when there are better games IMO.
Megalomatthew
+6|6414
I'm explaining the difference between two console games, I never said it looked equal to or better than what a PC can do, nor did I say it's new and exciting.  and, yes, hype IS directly proportional to quality, but crazy good Crysis graphics don't always constitue a good game.  Halo is popular because it provides good solid gameplay to a much wider, but unfortunatly, just as elitist crowd.  I, for one, love the games (but I never play them online  because of said Ctrl+alt+del strip.)

...Once Bungie puts nipples on Master Chiefs armor then I will agree with that first terrifying statement.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard