RyansRangers
+2|6532
I recommend using the G36E for any long range action. But for close to medium range stick with the AKs or M-16s.
tangoxmas44
Professional Noob
+4|6819|Temple,TX,USA
i like to use the l85 just because of the scope,and the full auto
but the g36e is def better. the l85 is my fav tho.
Not
Great success!
+216|6578|Chandler, AZ
I didn't expect this much support for the G36E over the L85A1 to be honest. If you're a good shot the L85 is just a monster. I put headshots on people like a psychopath with the L85, I actually very rarely even use the G36E. It's a little tough to get used to the scope at first but the precision you get from the L85 is sniper-like.

No doubt the G36E is a great gun, I'm not trying to say it's not, but if you really get good with the L85 it makes the medic class a one-man wrecking crew.
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.
pfft g36e all the way
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6731|Louisiana
The G36E is broken... needs to be nerfed... a medic gun should not be the best gun in the game.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
G36E is the ultimate noob weapon of the game.  It's the MP44 of BF2.  Takes about 5 seconds to master, greater accuracy and lower recoil than practically all the other weapons.  EVERYONE can use this thing, you're nothing special if you can own with it.  It's an inbalance in the game.  I don't know how many times I've been Assault or Sniper or Support, and have been owned at 60 + feet by a Medic who's spraying me with the G36E.  I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times, and have gotten almost twice as many points as what second place on my team had.

Want to be different?  Use an M16.  Or an Ak.
Audio
+130|6534|Orlando, FL
Ak-101 for me.  But, when not on MEC, then I'm using the G36E.  It's VERY accurate, and does alot of damage.  I rarely use unlocks though, the stock guns are so much better.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
ak-101.

m16a2.

ak-47.

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia
L85A1 is good for some circumstances, g36E is better for others. generally I stick with the L85, seeing as it is more powerful than the G36E (before anyone -1s me I should point out that the L85 kills in a single headshot)

G36E despite burst fire would actually be my preference for CQC. However, for medium and long range I stick with the L85, as the scope allows better shots placement.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia

SargeV1.4 wrote:

ak-101.

m16a2.

ak-47.

medics only carry the m16, not the newer a2 version
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot BarBeQue shish kebab?!

I'll have to check this! unless if you've got some proof
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere
the L85a1 is probably the worst assault rifle ever... it's accuracy SUCK in full auto, basically requiring you to go in single shot, no matter what you are doing, and when you do that, your hard pressed to kill someone using a full auto gun...

G36 takes the Cake, best assault gun in the game (so why the fuck isn't it for the assault class? that just pisses me off... o well) it's so freaking accurate!!! i mean, just stand still and look how close the crosshairs are! they practically make a square in the middle!! unbelievable! i love that gun... can't wait to unlock it so that i can use it more often
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
36E is such a slut gun :p

I personally like the 85.  I tried the 36E and I felt like I didnt have control over it.  I like the full auto because I feel like I can use it the way I want (used a lot of full autos in 1942 as medic).

So 85 ftw.
Not
Great success!
+216|6578|Chandler, AZ
I dunno, I've got a whole lot of kills against people using the AK-101 or G36E when I have the L85A1 in hand. It's all a matter of shot placement. Yeah I totally agree though that the full auto accuracy with it is horrible, but that's actually an advantage for me personally. I've played a lot of games with semi-auto fire being the dominant choice, so I have very good twitch reflexes for single fire mode and the 1 shot kill to the head makes me pick the L85 almost exclusively when I play medic.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida

genius_man16 wrote:

the L85a1 is probably the worst assault rifle ever... it's accuracy SUCK in full auto, basically requiring you to go in single shot, no matter what you are doing, and when you do that, your hard pressed to kill someone using a full auto gun...

G36 takes the Cake, best assault gun in the game (so why the fuck isn't it for the assault class? that just pisses me off... o well) it's so freaking accurate!!! i mean, just stand still and look how close the crosshairs are! they practically make a square in the middle!! unbelievable! i love that gun... can't wait to unlock it so that i can use it more often
Nerf the G3, and swap places with the G3 and G36E, add an AG-36 grenade launcher to the G36E, and bingo.  I'm with you.
Cursed You
+64|6589|Idaho
Well of course full auto accuracy isnt gonna be good.  If youre spraying and praying the crosshairs look like youre pulling your bum cheeks apart.  The more you go, the farther they go.

If you can control your fire, full auto is a dream.  You dont need to waste even half your clip on one guy if you any gun properly.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

SargeV1.4 wrote:

ak-101.

m16a2.

ak-47.

medics only carry the m16, not the newer a2 version
medics care the same M16A2 as the assault one , just without M203
MrPredictable
+14|6688
The l85a1 is an excellent gun if you know how to aim, I can see why so many of you choose the g36e.....
The main problem I find with the g36e is that the iron sight needs to be shaved off a bit so it doesnt get in the way of my shooing and I feel the gun has too much control over me with the 3 shot burst. I like doing a double tap in single auto and then realigning my shot, even on single shot the g36e doesnt even compare to the l85's ability to do that.
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6547
G36E > L85A1
2-3 bursts will kill everyone
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6696|Vancouver BC Canada
I like the L85, its like a mini sniper rifle...But the G36E hits harder in close, and is perfect for spray and pray headshots. (yes, thats me)
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

Ducksteina wrote:

G36E > L85A1
2-3 bursts will kill everyone
Dolphin diving  & bunnyhop  - and you will be out of ammo before you kill me . AK's & M16 ftw!
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia

MrPredictable wrote:

The l85a1 is an excellent gun if you know how to aim, I can see why so many of you choose the g36e.....
The main problem I find with the g36e is that the iron sight needs to be shaved off a bit so it doesnt get in the way of my shooing and I feel the gun has too much control over me with the 3 shot burst. I like doing a double tap in single auto and then realigning my shot, even on single shot the g36e doesnt even compare to the l85's ability to do that.
Yes true, another thing I like about the L85A1 is that you can double tap at closer ranges, which I find is quite accurate. here a screenshot to show you how it can actually be quite good.

https://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8018/screen1451ax.th.jpg

And no, I didnt shoot a full BH, or gun 4 prone people in the back, this was all done in the space of 15 seconds busting into that base (most of them headshots too, I was quite proud)
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6746
The g36e is my favorite.  I used to prefer stock weapons, but I've become very comfortable with the g36e.  In fact, I would take it over the AK in close range and the L8 at long range.  I am a bit of a medic whore, so I guess most other guns feel akward when I use them as well, especially support class weapons.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

Barrakuda777 wrote:

much , much , much better........ honestly i cant tell you how vast an improvement i find this weapon, if i could i would take it over every other assault rifle in the game (tube toting ones as well!)
agree - it's like a sniper at long ranges but can stil be very effective at short ranges
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6708|Alaska
wtf, i dont see whats wrong with L85A1, everyone knows to get more accurate shots, youll have to switch to single shot, well shit dont you have to do that pretty much with every weapon?, overall i think both weapons are good and bad in some different ways

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard