Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6727
just curious on any thoughts. I have yet to unlock either (thanks to the stupid ass bug of the engineer wep being labeled with the medic symbol, i now have the second engineer gun unlocked).

Does the 36E compare in accuracy to the L85? or is the scope the main difference?
And other thoughts?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6725|The Netherlands
G36E is a great weapon very accurate and deadly i find it more accurate than the L85 even w o the scope.
however the only thing don't like is that it has no full auto mode. so on maps with great view i choose the g36e and of urban maps still the AK's or the L85A1.
8th{E}_SpawnXG
+1|6686
I'm not a master medic or anything, but even on urban maps I love the G36E, it shoots as fast as you can click so it acts like auto alot of the time. Also because I don't have a updated computer I like it because its smaller and allows me to see more, instead of having to turn with 15 fps alot lol
Nipr.[net]
+0|6728|Robins AFB, GA
I finally got to play with the G36E the other night, and I would say it's a huge improvement over the L85.  I picked it up about 3 times and never died with fewer than 5 kills.  I was never happy with the L85--thought it was a waste of an unlock--but this weapon makes me glad I unlocked it, after all...just so I can use it when I finally get SF.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6691
The g36e is MUCH better than the l85.
Barrakuda777
+86|6706|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
much , much , much better........ honestly i cant tell you how vast an improvement i find this weapon, if i could i would take it over every other assault rifle in the game (tube toting ones as well!)
Fearnight
+0|6706
G36E is my fav. assault rifle in the game now.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6752|The Hague, Holland
The G36E is gods xmas-present to medics all over the world, siriously. I choose this gun in any map, even the urban maps.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6714
I'm going to have to disagree.  It is fast-firing, but hardly automatic.  Also, I find it pretty weak, needing 4 bursts to the chest at close-range to kill... it's just too weak, whereas the L85 is slower and more powerful.
Icleos
+101|6712

RedFiercare wrote:

I'm going to have to disagree.  It is fast-firing, but hardly automatic.  Also, I find it pretty weak, needing 4 bursts to the chest at close-range to kill... it's just too weak, whereas the L85 is slower and more powerful.
You probably were shooting at someone who had body armor or picked up some health.
It shouldn't take more than 2 burst shots to take down someone.  That's 6 bullets all hitting the target.
Three shots against body armor.
I've had some guild mates get really frustrated with me because I kept killing them with that gun over and over.  All it took was 2 very accurate shots.

Last edited by Icleos (2005-12-12 09:58:54)

PinkSugarHeartAttack
Sailor Mini Moon
+0|6698
Two accurate to the chest area, 1 accurate to the head area. I love this damn gun so much. You can see I don't really play or like Medic since the L85 wasn't that great. The G36E is so amazingly it feels like it belongs on a different class.
Dr0pped
+8|6724|Ontario, Canada

RedFiercare wrote:

I woudl have to disagree regarding the damage issue. Both are rated the same. I have been using it for awhile now (after using the L85) and find it an overall superior weapon. Full auto would be nice, but....oh well...I still think it rocks.
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6710|Hamilton, Scotland

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

The G36E is gods xmas-present to medics all over the world, siriously. I choose this gun in any map, even the urban maps.
amen bro, im a pretty gd medic (check the stats) i think the L85A1 is a pea-shooter (just listen to it) with a buggered up sight, on the other had, the G36E is a pretty gd weapon at range cause of the burst effect, use sing-shot at long(ish) range or at a static target, and the burst medium--medium/short, if u get any closer, use a knife! (im shit at the knife thing) but i like 2 keep my distance.

Also, why the hell not put body armour on the kit, it would make the L85 an ACTUAL assault rifle, not an ebarrasment to the british army for using the thing!

inh an unrelated subject, i really should go on SF more often, im trying 2 get my  hang-around server (coalition forces) to change cos i think im a better medic than whats on my stats, i mean the firast badge i got was the basic medic badge and then the basic first aid.

Last edited by A.Drew(G.Drew (2005-12-12 10:17:40)

CackNBallz
+45|6713|Toronto, Canada
I prefer burst firing over fully automatic.  Even if I was forced to use a fully automatic assault rifle, I shoot it in bursts anyways.

The short 3 round bursts helps increase accuracy and a double-tap usually drops everyone at close range, any closer and I use the knife!

I very much prefer the G36E over the L86A1.  Accuracy is there, and since I have extensive use with the G36C, the G36E isn't much different in handling and firing. I even prefer the default Medic weapons over the L85A1, especially the AK-47 and AK-101 for the firepower and sound.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6744|Golden, CO
IMO, the L85A1 is not as accurate as it should be.  I much prefer the G36E to the L85A1.  While the L85A1 is not generally a better gun than any of the default ones, the G36E is pretty much better than all the onther assault rifles.  It's a shame because the L85A1 is a good unlock for medics.  I've nailed a lot of snipers with that gun, but the G36E is just much more accurate.
NamelessMarine
+0|6706
Its a nice weapon.  I think its better than the L85 in more open areas--I think it has a greater range/accuracy.
YitEarp
+1|6695
this is an easy question since the l85 is a piece of shit.

its bullet deviation blows compared to others.  sure it has full auto, but so does AK.  and id take the g36e or the m16 over the l85 unless i know theres going to be a ton of up close combat but not much ranged combat.  the full auto is handy up close for spraying but at long range i hate that l85.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6733
yes l85 blows nuts i dont want it in any situation .. the recoil seems to be fucked imo ..sometimes dead on sometimes cant hit shit ..

amen bro, im a pretty gd medic (check the stats)
why would you tell someone to look at those horrible stats =p
Esker
+1|6697
I prefer the M16 over the SA80, the SA80 is just plain shit for me and I can't for the life of me understand why it's so damn popular. Close range it blows for me too, I guess I'm too used to the M16 or AK for medic.

The M16 has a highly accurate burst though and the G36E does also, plus the G36E does that bit more damage. You can do very well close up with these weapons if you don't have it on single fire (That's got me killed quite a lot heh).
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6698|Honolulu, HI
Yeah...for a while I used the L85A1 as medic all the time, until I got onto a server that for some reason didn't allow me access to my unlocks (probably some EA bug).  I figured, it took me this long to join, I'm not gonna disconnect just for the sake of my L85.  So I use the AK-101...then get teamswitched, use the M16A2...and I have to say, compared to them, the L85 is a total, utter, leaky piece of shit.  Despite having a sight picture that suggests high accuracy, it's not very precise.  And full-auto isn't very helpful when the recoil throws off your aim after the first 3 shots (that only do 32 damage in the first place).

Long story short...G36E is a must-unlock for even casual medic players.  Too bad you have to get the L85 first.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6682|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
The L85 isn't the 2nd to worst unlock, its just the only bad one. I was very disappointed with the L85 having used it a lot in real life and found it to be very accurate. I haven't unlocked the G36E yet but i always choose the AK101 or AK47 over the L85.
SWAMRaoulDuke
+0|6762

Nagarond.Damminson wrote:

just curious on any thoughts. I have yet to unlock either (thanks to the stupid ass bug of the engineer wep being labeled with the medic symbol, i now have the second engineer gun unlocked).

Does the 36E compare in accuracy to the L85? or is the scope the main difference?
And other thoughts?
The G36E is a serious weapon, as is the L85A but the G36E is capable of one shot one kill the L85A isn't...
So my choise is the G36E...

[SWAM]AssAssin
adv3rsary
+28|6686
i have unlocked both... G36E is my favorite gun in the whole game
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I've tried the G36E and I think it would be really worth it if they put a scope on it like some real life models so it would be awesome.  Burst is nice is and the recoil is microscopic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard